Why women SHOULD strength train.

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    What do you think of cardio and strength training or circuit training to help lose weight and get toned up?

Thanks!

I'm not an expert by any means but cardio is great too but it should always be done AFTER lifting when done on the same day. I don't know much about circuit training.
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Pshhh....all you have to do is show the class your back. That's one sexy back!! I'm working hard toward one of those!
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    You should have brought a bar and a squat rack into class and say, "Without strength training, I would be able to squat more than that guy over there."
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options
    bump for later
  • Happyhealthyliz90
    Happyhealthyliz90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    This is so excellent! You did a great job. :D
  • spartacus69
    Options
    Nicely done, backed up by excellent references. Good job!
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for sharing! Do you mind if I share with some friends?

No, go ahead.

And thanks everyone!
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    How cool! I loved it.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I like how you addressed the intimidation factor! That's a huge problem for me, and I am overcoming it by working out at home. I'm still shy around the hubs though. I don't want anyone to see me struggle, but I think I'll get over the fears as my fitness progresses.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    I like how you addressed the intimidation factor! That's a huge problem for me, and I am overcoming it by working out at home. I'm still shy around the hubs though. I don't want anyone to see me struggle, but I think I'll get over the fears as my fitness progresses.

I didn't even include this in my references but I should have:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/475493-men-how-do-you-feel-when-you-see-women-in-the
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    bumped for when I get home
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    bump for tomorrow
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! :]
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...thats some good information.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Excellent presentation, thanks for letting us see it. Should be a sticky for newbies!
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    bump*
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    What do you think of cardio and strength training or circuit training to help lose weight and get toned up?

Thanks!

I'm not an expert by any means but cardio is great too but it should always be done AFTER lifting when done on the same day. I don't know much about circuit training.

This is not necessarily true. My mom is a personal trainer and wellness coach, and she teaches her clients (me being one of them) that it doesn't really matter if you do cardio first, weight training first, or do circuit training where you incorporate your cardio and strength training into the same time period. As long as you're doing it (and doing each thing with correct form and not over-extending yourself) you're good. Some people find that after doing their weight training, they are unable to do cardio exercise effectively, and vice versa. It's all about what works for the individual person.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    bump for later