• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Well done!
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I'm not an expert by any means but cardio is great too but it should always be done AFTER lifting when done on the same day. I don't know much about circuit training.
    [/quote]

Why should cardio be done after strength? I have always done cardio first no reason just the way I have done it.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can watch later from home.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    *Applause!!!* Love it. And I love the comments from the guy by the camera.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    What do you think of cardio and strength training or circuit training to help lose weight and get toned up?

Thanks!

I'm not an expert by any means but cardio is great too but it should always be done AFTER lifting when done on the same day. I don't know much about circuit training.

This is not necessarily true. My mom is a personal trainer and wellness coach, and she teaches her clients (me being one of them) that it doesn't really matter if you do cardio first, weight training first, or do circuit training where you incorporate your cardio and strength training into the same time period. As long as you're doing it (and doing each thing with correct form and not over-extending yourself) you're good. Some people find that after doing their weight training, they are unable to do cardio exercise effectively, and vice versa. It's all about what works for the individual person.

The reason you should do strength training first is mainly so you have energy to lift as hard as possible with good form. If you do cardio first you cannot lift as much and it is harder to keep good form which can lead to injury.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    What do you think of cardio and strength training or circuit training to help lose weight and get toned up?

Thanks!

This is not necessarily true. My mom is a personal trainer and wellness coach, and she teaches her clients (me being one of them) that it doesn't really matter if you do cardio first, weight training first, or do circuit training where you incorporate your cardio and strength training into the same time period. As long as you're doing it (and doing each thing with correct form and not over-extending yourself) you're good. Some people find that after doing their weight training, they are unable to do cardio exercise effectively, and vice versa. It's all about what works for the individual person.

The reason you should do strength training first is mainly so you have energy to lift as hard as possible with good form. If you do cardio first you cannot lift as much and it is harder to keep good form which can lead to injury.

I also lift first because I sweat like crazy and it would be too gross and I'd get too cold if I tried to lift after a spin class. I have also found that lifting first makes my spin class more effective. I feel it more in my legs and my heart rate training is better as well as my calorie burn. Win all around.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Like I said, it's different for everyone. As long as you take an adequate rest period and can do your strength training with proper form, then it doesn't really matter. I pretty much always do my strength training after my cardio (unless I'm doing circuit training) and I've found that for me I am much more productive. When I do my strength training first, I can do the exact same things I can when I do it after cardio, but then my cardio suffers. Exercise and losing weight is NOT the same for everyone, there is no magic rule about when what should be done--as long as you're doing it (and doing it properly) do what works for you!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I didn't read or watch that, but women should strength train - aside from the health benefits - because it is AWESOME. Seriously, pushing your muscles beyond what you think they can do is the BEST feeling!
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to watch it!
  • nicorolla
    Options
    I shud see this too....so bumping for l8r :)
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • lizlee8
    lizlee8 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Excellent, thank you very much.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Bump! Excited to watch :-)
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Great job!!
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Finally watch it - you did great kid, have passed it on to one of my girlfriends who was asking me the other day about my weight training :)
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Well done! Really informative and enjoyable to watch too. :smile:
    Helped me work out some of the issues around diet and muscle gain, thanks :)
  • alidov78
    alidov78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I think Jessica Biel is very sexy and curvy, as in the example in the video, strength training hasn't taken anything away from her femininity at all.