Any short ladies(under 5ft4in) under or goal is under 130lbs

Options

Replies

• mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hello All. I'm fairly new to MFP. I am 5 feet tall and weigh just under 141 lbs. Like mellisaweldon, I too, am larger than I want to be for my shortness. I'm not as young as I used to be so getting the weight off isn't as easy as it once was. My goal wt. is around 128 lbs. which is the upper end of my ideal wt. on my health care providers chart. Using MFP has made me accountable and much more aware of what I eat. I am teetering on the edge of pre-diabetes so I am determined to get a handle on my weight so I don't have to begin sticking my fingers several times a day to check blood sugars. I have learned that eating healthfully must be a change in lifestyle. Since my love of sugar and sweets is my downfall I always fight to discover something that tastes sweet but won't blow my daily sugar goals. I am determined to learn to control my sugar intake and weight. Any helpful hints are greatly appreciated.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    No offence, but you guys all seem to be at good weights for your heights, and I'm definitely not. There's nothing wrong with being even better, but to an extent, and in my opinion, some of you may have passed that line. I am 4 ft. and 11 in. and weigh 163 pounds. ... Hopefully, I've given you something to think about, and if not, here's a quote from someone (I can't remember who), " No matter how bad you think you've got it, there's always someone who's got it worse." So c'mon, people, let's be smart about this.

Ditto. I'm glad to see the lower weights of the other ladies...but it's nice to see someone who is short & heavy like me. The amount of pounds to lose is quite daunting coming from a much higher weight than a lot of the earlier posts.

Seriously...do any of the shorter ladies find the 1200 cal/day difficult? I mean, it seems that for shorter ladies the cal/day should be lower than the 1200 cal set by MFP. What calorie guideline do you use, and how much weight are you losing with it? Please share.

Regards from Chicago!
  • breanndavis_00
    Options
    I am 5 2(ish) and my goal weight is 140.. I may or may not change my gw once I get there, but for now, that's what I'm shooting for :) I don't want to be extremely small ( I like having a little 'meat' on me!) Feel free to add me if you'd like and good luck!!
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    5 foot 1 ... 6 kids later
    Weight now 133
    Goal weigh 115
    Awesome maybe some day won't hold my breath weight 105/110
  • dcroni
    dcroni Posts: 4
    Options
    i'm 5'2" and 109.

100 sounds too low, and underweight. remember if you tone up you may weigh more as muscle weighs more than fat. So if you are in the healthy range don't try to lose more weight to get rid of stomach fat for example... just work out.
  • marilou0511
    Options
    Is the 1200 cal/day working for you? It seems, for shorter people, it should be lower than1200 to lose weight. What cal/day do you use, and how much are you able to lose with it?
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Is the 1200 cal/day working for you? It seems, for shorter people, it should be lower than1200 to lose weight. What cal/day do you use, and how much are you able to lose with it?

I am 5'4", 132 lbs. My goal is 16% body fat, 110 lbs. I started here at 1200 cals and lost 6 lbs in 8 weeks. 2 weeks ago, I bumped my calories up to 2,000 and lost 1lb the first week and I'm already down a lb this week and weigh in isn't until Saturday! I am losing more at 2,000 cals than I was at 1,200. So I no longer believe in eating that low. :)
  • marilou0511
    Options
    I am 5'4", 132 lbs... I started here at 1200 cals and lost 6 lbs in 8 weeks. 2 weeks ago, I bumped my calories up to 2,000 and lost 1lb the first week and I'm already down a lb this week...I am losing more at 2,000 cals than I was at 1,200. So I no longer believe in eating that low. :)

Wow! Congratulations. Anymore out there to support short people can successfully lose weight at a higher calorie count. I'm already feeling better. I thought I have to start eating less than the 1200 cal/day to lose weight because of my shorter height.
  • potatoprincess
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 118lbs, hoping to go down to 108. Seems reasonable, right?
  • EJanine
    EJanine Posts: 23
    Options
    yep, 5'3 and goal is under 117. Few more to go!
  • AppleADayAmber
    Options
    Im 5'3 .. current weight 164.. goal weight 140 .. add me if you like!! :) Hope you do!
  • dcroni
    dcroni Posts: 4
    Options

i couldnt do the 1200 calories lol. I think the point is just to create a deficit right? To maintain my initial weight I could eat 1500 cal/day. So I started with 1400, than dropped to 1300.
  • desBourgeois
    Options
    I'm 5' 2 and I'm 148 lbs. I got up to about 190 when I was pregnant and my goal is to get back to 115, and if possible 110.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4", 132 lbs... I started here at 1200 cals and lost 6 lbs in 8 weeks. 2 weeks ago, I bumped my calories up to 2,000 and lost 1lb the first week and I'm already down a lb this week...I am losing more at 2,000 cals than I was at 1,200. So I no longer believe in eating that low. :)

Wow! Congratulations. Anymore out there to support short people can successfully lose weight at a higher calorie count. I'm already feeling better. I thought I have to start eating less than the 1200 cal/day to lose weight because of my shorter height.

I also eat more than 1200 at 5'2". I am currently dropping a kilo every 8 days or there abouts.
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options

I am 5'4", 132 lbs. My goal is 16% body fat, 110 lbs. I started here at 1200 cals and lost 6 lbs in 8 weeks. 2 weeks ago, I bumped my calories up to 2,000 and lost 1lb the first week and I'm already down a lb this week and weigh in isn't until Saturday! I am losing more at 2,000 cals than I was at 1,200. So I no longer believe in eating that low. :)

thank goodness! Is 2,000 your net? I always did wonder if our smaller frames made things a bit different...I'm trying to at least net my BMR but at 5'2" it only comes out to around 1340. With exercise I eat anywhere between 1500-1700. Thinking of upping it a bit further but waiting and seeing...My goal is around 120lbs.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is 125ish. Current weight is 137ish
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

thank goodness! Is 2,000 your net? I always did wonder if our smaller frames made things a bit different...I'm trying to at least net my BMR but at 5'2" it only comes out to around 1340. With exercise I eat anywhere between 1500-1700. Thinking of upping it a bit further but waiting and seeing...My goal is around 120lbs.

My net is 1500-1600 on avg. Instead of focusing on net, I make sure to keep my deficient around 300. I want to hold onto as much muscle as possible, so I can see them when I get to my goal weight! I have a small frame. Just to give you a frame of ref, my wrists are only 5.5". Thank goodness being short with a small frame doesn't mean you have to eat so little to lose! :)
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 almost 5"3 hehe... i weigh around 110 and want to lose 10 pounds or so.. feel free to add me :)
  • chloeneal
    Options
    I'm 5 ft. 2 inches, and I wanna get to 120!
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I weigh 118 pounds. My goal weight is anywhere between 100-105 pounds.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!