Any short ladies(under 5ft4in) under or goal is under 130lbs

Options

Replies

• starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    WOW! This is making me feel really large! :( I don't want to say what my weight is now!! lol...I do want to get to 150, and I have many, many pounds to lose. I have a large frame also, so maybe that is why I am at a higher weight then most on here?

I have a ton more weight to lose than these girls too so you'll notice I didn't say my current weight either...it's depressing enough that I know it, lol
  • lilbpixie
    lilbpixie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    HUGS LADIES!!!! That why we are all on here for unconditional support!!! You CAN lose the weight!
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 5' currently at 129 (down from 144 since I started MFP) would like to be at 115 if possible. I think it all depends on your age and how you are built also....I look sickly if I get down below 115 but someone else my height may look great at 100. I am working on losing the weight and getting fit.

Feel free to add me for support. :)
  • Angelm0905
    Angelm0905 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and around 170lbs. Way heavier that I've ever been in my life! Would love to get down to around 130lbs!
  • msmissylowe
    Options
    Hi all

I'm 5' was 185lbs (ouch!!) now 155lbs bit less ouch!!

My goal to start with is 126lbs. I dont want to be skinny and I dont want to lose my curves. If I am happy at 126, thats where i'll stay.

I currently have a goal of 1200 cals per day and I eat back some of my exercise calories so average about 1300-1350 most days!

its working for me, losing about 2lbs per week (started January 2012)

Feel free to add me and good luck girls x

I'm pretty much the same as you. Glad to hear that others are eating that amount of calories with success.
    I think at the end of the day this weight loss thing is a very individulized thing and everybody has to find what is working for them.
    I'm also 5'0 and my doctor said 130-135 is a good goal for my build.
    Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • missataylor22
    missataylor22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hi. i am 5'2 aiming for 136 as that was my pre-pregnancy weight, currently weigh alot more!!! xxx
  • missataylor22
    missataylor22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im the same, i wouldnt state my current weight but its sooo much more than most of these girls, my aimed weight is more than what they weigh!! x
  • NurseHthr
    NurseHthr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 158 lbs. Like to be 130-135
  • MiniMeBS
    MiniMeBS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", currently 146, my goal is 115-120. I've been using this program tracking calories and exercise for 7 weeks and I haven't lost any weight. I exercise 30-60 daily and I use the elliptical, Jillian Michael's workout videos and the Wii Fit. I'm really discouraged. I'm eating fairly healthy and staying within my calorie goal. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    No offence, but you guys all seem to be at good weights for your heights, and I'm definitely not. There's nothing wrong with being even better, but to an extent, and in my opinion, some of you may have passed that line. I am 4 ft. and 11 in. and weigh 163 pounds. ... Hopefully, I've given you something to think about, and if not, here's a quote from someone (I can't remember who), " No matter how bad you think you've got it, there's always someone who's got it worse." So c'mon, people, let's be smart about this.

First, what indications do you have that someone is doing this in an "unsmart" fashion? I'm not sure how that quote is relevant to this particular situation. How does my weight loss (or anyone else's) have anything to do with yours? I'm not about to tell someone else what they're capable of or what they're not capable of. What I've learned from running is that I'm capable of MUCH more than I, or anyone else, thought I was. If people want to get ultra fit, I'm all for it, regardless of what the scale tells them.
    Ditto. I'm glad to see the lower weights of the other ladies...but it's nice to see someone who is short & heavy like me. The amount of pounds to lose is quite daunting coming from a much higher weight than a lot of the earlier posts.

Seriously...do any of the shorter ladies find the 1200 cal/day difficult? I mean, it seems that for shorter ladies the cal/day should be lower than the 1200 cal set by MFP. What calorie guideline do you use, and how much weight are you losing with it? Please share.

I eat more than 1200 calories a day. I eat 1200 + my exercise calories and sometimes a bit more if I feel that I need it. I've not really paid much attention to my scale weight in the last couple of months. For the most part, I've just looked at my appearance, how clothes fit, my measurements, energy level, etc. I'm less concerned about what the scale says and more about seeing the results I'm after.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    5'1'' currently weigh 117 want to get to 105-110ish
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    you all are some tiny women! LOL

Seriously, it is not all about just the height to weight ratio....there are so many other factors. Some of us that have a bit of a muscular build may have a higher reading on the scale...and for the one girl that said you were happy with the way your body looks, but the scale reading? If you are happy and healthy, don't let the scale rule your life.

I am 5'4" and have a GW of 145....I have about 40 more pounds to lose. I see some of you with goals of 110, etc...for me, I think I would look way too thin at that weight...and a tad off balance with the chest I have...but hey, it if works for you, go for it!

Just make sure you are healthy...first and foremost. :) Okay, off my soapbox. LOL
  • Jeneanhh
    Jeneanhh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 4foot 11in and my starting weight on mfp was 175. my current weight is 142.2 and my goal weight is 103-110
  • LisaKono
    LisaKono Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 5"2 and down to 205.5. My ultimate goal is 130 to 135.
  • susieq_pt
    susieq_pt Posts: 12
    Options
    I am 5'3" goal weight of 130-140. I once was 120 and was too thin but now have some work to do to get to ideal weight
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Totaly see your point "that is why you are my friend LOL!!!" my goal is 138 Im also 5'4" but at 138 I want definision not bones so I lift weights:smile:

"by the way I was there once that is why I like the 138 but I gained bout 10lbs over the holidays and now I need them back off!!!"
    you all are some tiny women! LOL

Seriously, it is not all about just the height to weight ratio....there are so many other factors. Some of us that have a bit of a muscular build may have a higher reading on the scale...and for the one girl that said you were happy with the way your body looks, but the scale reading? If you are happy and healthy, don't let the scale rule your life.

I am 5'4" and have a GW of 145....I have about 40 more pounds to lose. I see some of you with goals of 110, etc...for me, I think I would look way too thin at that weight...and a tad off balance with the chest I have...but hey, it if works for you, go for it!

Just make sure you are healthy...first and foremost. :) Okay, off my soapbox. LOL
  • meadowmail77
    meadowmail77 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' even. I want to be 125 or so. I think under that I look too skinny, all bones sticky out. I prefer some curves on me. Ultimately though, I'm just looking to be a healthier me. I'm currently 139
  • cecejoy
    cecejoy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and currently weigh 160....I would like to get down to 130 or less :D
  • LadyJos
    LadyJos Posts: 29
    Options
    Im 5'2 weigh in at 135 and down to 120. Im working on stamina and building muscle. It's been difficult but I'm slowly getting there!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my current weight is 135 pounds. My goal is 129 or a little less.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!