Do you......

Options

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I reuse my towel twice, maybe three times. At the tender age of 34, I've yet to experience the ill-effects of having mildew or rubbing my face where my axx was. It's MY axx, after all. I've slept with people who had fewer qualms about putting their faces down there. Ohhhhhh!
  • hairjunkie
    hairjunkie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yep, at least 3 times.. I use them for all of 5 seconds, and I'm clean while using them, so whats the point in chucking them into the dirty laundry?
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Using a towel for several days, even if you are shower clean....still puts you at risk of drying off your face with the area of your towel that your bum was dryed off on the day before? :huh:

Ummm, it's clean when you're finished showering, right?

I wash towels once a week. It's a good thing I'm in charge of it because I am pretty sure that if the male in this house was, they'd get washed no more than once a month.
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like fresh towels, so one shower, one towel.

I only wash my sheets once a week (Sunday), but I would every day if I could. Nothing like a fresh, clean body and crisp sheets. Towels are no different, just much easier to clean.
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    I use the same towel 10-15 times before washing it, yet I have maintained great, healthy skin for many years. The only trick is you must hang it to dry immediately after using it. I have never used a smelly towel, ever, because I hang mine properly. REUSE PEOPLE! Sheesh
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i use my hair towel up to three days, but it gets really wet so mildew can grow.. and my body towel, about that time maybe longer.. the minute my bathroom smells anything but clean, i wash all the towels and wash cloths..
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    You are telling me I am supposed to be washing my towels?!?! Ha! Next you will be telling me I'm supposed to wash my sheets...
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Gosh some people can be so prudish. But you just dried your junk with it!!!

I'd like to bring to your attention to where many people put their faces voluntarily... including very close to said bum/junk region whilst performing certain adult activities... that whole area is not gross people - especially when you've just jumped out of the shower!

FYI, we wash our towels once or twice a week. We both have jobs and kids and lives - we have enough to do as it is without cleaning clean things!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Usually twice, yes!
  • jamja72
    jamja72 Posts: 192
    Options
    To save energy, water and soap I use it twice
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    I use a towel 5 or so times before washing it.

I also wash my jeans MAYBE once a week. Awww snap, germaphobes.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I use a towel 5 or so times before washing it.

I also wash my jeans MAYBE once a week. Awww snap, germaphobes.

This about on par with my usage. Unless the towel starts to smell, then it's a fresh one.

JM
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Using a towel for several days, even if you are shower clean....still puts you at risk of drying off your face with the area of your towel that your bum was dryed off on the day before? :huh:
    Do you not wash your *** when you bathe yourself?

Ha ha ha.....Yes. But it is still your bum for gawsh sakes
    My grandma told me this once. If you dry your *kitten* with the tag corner every time then you know to keep your face away from there. I had this same objection when I was a kid.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Yes, and my husband and I share a towel. :blushing: I used to think it was gross but it's clean, really, and our towel rack is right over the hot air vent in the bathroom so it dries really fast, and I don't use it on my face i just let my face air dry. Saves on laundry.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Bath towel: once a week. It should still be clean after I dry off from showering.. But this thread made me think; did you ever notice there are some people who wear the same clothes to the gym every day! Yikes! :noway:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    It takes a relatively short time for mildew to grow on a wet towel--in some environments, as quickly as a 36 hours. Since the idea of wiping down my clean body with aspergillus does not appeal to me, I hang my towel to dry before depositing it in the hamper.
    -wtk

You wait 36 hours between showers?
  • cba4994
    cba4994 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Do you use it to wash and dry your goat?
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Yes I use my towel more then once as I only wash once a week.....Besides the towel isn't actually dirty, only wet.......

EWW.

I think I should re-phrase that.....I only do my washing once a week.....I shower everyday......
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    What is really gross is using a hotel towel to dry your face. No telling who dryed or wiped what with that towel and no telling how clean the people that are in charge of doing laundry got that towel. I bring my own towels to the hotels with me or I go shopping and buy a couple of towels when I get where I am going. Same thing with the bed spreads at hotels. Haven't you watched those shows where they find fecal material and semen on hotel bedding. They may wash the sheets between guest but that is not the case with the bed spreads and sometimes the blankets to. You know people sit around naked on those things and they are not always fresh from the shower. At least if you reuse your own towel and have wiped you butt with it the time before you know it was your butt and it was a clean butt.