Article: Sugar is fueling the global obesity pandemic

Options
124»

Replies

• RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Get rid of high fructose corn syrup and putting it in EVERYTHING, and go back to real sugar.

Why do you think this matters?
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don't think it should be controlled/regulated... people just need to learn when to stop eating so much.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see the comparison: if overall sugar consumption is down what about artificial sweeteners?

HFCS is in everything. It is maddening when I want foods for my kids and I read labels like crazy and there is so much crap in it.

I love sweets so I avoid them because I end up wanting more.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Well, since you will die if you:

eat sugar
    eat wheat
    eat dairy
    eat eggs
    eat meat
    eat veggies unless you grew them yourself
    eat beans and lentis
    eat fish
    eat soy

then we should just shoot ourselves in the head.....

OR.......

invent those special food pills that you take and it consists of all of your nutrition that you need like they show on those sci-fi movies of old....then everything will be okay.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options

eat sugar
    eat wheat
    eat dairy
    eat eggs
    eat meat
    eat beans and lentis
    eat fish
    eat soy

Yep.

It's a scientific fact that every person who eats any of these things will die.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    If I want to eat sugar, I will eat sugar, now sue me.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Whats the point? They will just make a special store you can buy candy bars and cakes in... LOL.

Adults will still buy it, they will still give it to kids. Big deal. Thats like saying people under 18 can't have candy bars. THATS NOT RIGHT. People need to have the ability to manage their own lives.

Sugar is never going to cause any accidents or kill innocent people walking home. Nobody will overdose on sugar and accidentally run me over.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    *Running off to do a couple lines of sugar*

FCBNr.gif

Damn you suuuuugar.

Admittedly sugary treats can certainly make it easier to over eat but to say it is the cause of obesity verges on hysteria. Next people will be targeting carbs because they sugar. Oh, wait...
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

eat sugar
    eat wheat
    eat dairy
    eat eggs
    eat meat
    eat beans and lentis
    eat fish
    eat soy

Yep.

It's a scientific fact that every person who eats any of these things will die.

It's actually been recently proven that anyone who ever ate any of these things is already dead.
  • Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    For clarification: I don't support or reject the findings of the report, rather wanted to see what you all thought!

I do wonder whether our great grandkids will look at the 80s, 90s and 00s and say 'you did WHAT? you ate refined sugar, drank caffeine and ate animal meat? No wonder your life expectancy was less than 120 years and you were all under 9 foot tall!'