Replies

• 1HappyRosie
    1HappyRosie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hlmoore1996
    hlmoore1996 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what to say. I would love for you to write a book. So many people need to hear this and hear of one man's overcoming life's battles. Very impressive. Congratulations, you should be extremely proud of yourself!
  • pjsmom2010
    pjsmom2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What a true inspiration you are! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • hbaby2
    hbaby2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING!! Congrats to you. Your success is well deserved! :)
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • inchestopinch
    inchestopinch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I may or may not have had a few tears in my eyes reading your story!!!!! (meaning I did!)
    Congratulations on all of your successes!! And here's to many more in your long healthy life :flowerforyou:
    Very very inspiring!!!
  • nborsh22
    nborsh22 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Amazing story!!! More people need to know life is good and you have an amazing story to tell them. Congrats on your accomplishments and stick with it. You can now enjoy life to the fullest!!
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. Absolutely inspiring!! :heart:
  • tiamaria8182
    tiamaria8182 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm a little teary eyed right now. Congratulations on overcoming so many demons in your life and getting to where you are today! Thank you for sharing your story and happy 5 year anniversary.
  • szyja
    szyja Posts: 42
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I was actually at a point today where I thought to myself that I should just give up. I have not had any success in weight loss or inches lost in over two months. I have at least 30 more pounds to lose and NOTHING is moving, except some of my measurements are actually going the wrong way (biceps and thighs are BIGGER!) Sometimes, a story like yours is all it takes to motivate a person to keep going. Thank you for that motivation! I really needed that "shot in the arm"! Yours is an inspirational story and more than that, motivational! No need to tell you to take care...you already are! So, know that because of you, there are others out there who will "take care" of themselves. *hugs*
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    Congratulations! Great job. I'm sure your story will have a ripple effect and touch and inspire lives, many of which you will never know.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Your story hit home with me because I've dealt with issues with alcohol and would drink as you described (just not caring if I was dead after a night of taking shot after shot), so far it has been nearly 2 months since I had a drink and a month and a half since a smoke. Your post is very inspiring to me and I hope to have as much success as you have had. Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story. Congratulations on getting your life back!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! Congratulations on your sobriety and quitting smoking! How amazing and on top of all of that you got fit. Beyond inspirational!
  • bsktlvr
    Options
    A truly great and inspirational story. God Bless You
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    first off: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! five years is awesome!

thank you so much for sharing your story. for your honesty. and for all of the hard work that proves to everyone else that this can be done.

weight gain in recovery is so common. we need something, a new addiction i guess, to take up the space of the old habits. funny how running never seems to be at the top of that list. LOL.

you should be proud of yourself. you have come so far. YAY on you!
  • txbabe1964
    txbabe1964 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have no other words other than........WOW. :noway: :smile:
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Life is truly worth living. My late husband was an alcoholic and a heavy smoker. His years of abuse took their toll on him in 2004 when his short 52 years of life ended with cirrhosis of the liver. The last year of his life he was in and out of the hospital and I took to chain smoking - 2 plus packs a day. After his death, I quit smoking and have been smoke free for 7 years. Never thought I would ever do that. I am about 15 pounds overweight and my goal now is to get healthy again.

Please keep up the good work and stay sober and smoke free - your life depends on it!
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. I am so happy for you! :flowerforyou:
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    That is a truly incredible and inspiring story. I'm glad you shared it with us. Just goes to show, no matter how bad things get, you can always come back.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!