5 Year Success Story - Before & After

Options

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Great recovery story, thanks for sharing!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this with us - It's deeply personal, and I think it's moved us all :)

Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary - and your new life :)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations!! And Happy Anniversary!! Yours is an Incredible Story, Thank You for sharing it!!
  • blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I had tears in my eyes by the time I finished reading your post. Such an inspiration! You should become a motivational speaker. You have overcome so many obstacles, and have so much to give others.

I'm just....wow.....just wow...
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You brought me to tears, because I'm so glad you made it through! My father-in-law was an alcoholic. Before I knew him he was quite heavy, but by the time I met my then-boyfriend he was quite thin, he rarely ate, his lunches came home mostly uneaten, and the case of beer in the vegetable drawer rarely lasted more than a couple days. While I was there one day he suddenly passed out, threw up, and started convulsing. He was rushed to the hospital and I visited him in the hospital with my now-husband and his mom. That would be the last time we saw him alive, he died the next morning at 6am after surgery failed to repair his liver. They couldn't keep his blood in and in the end he had a stroke and was gone. My husband was 24 when he lost his 48 year old dad. It was worse because after the fact we realized he had lost the will to live before that day. Not a day goes by that I don't think of how much of a loss his wife and boys feel. Your daughter and wife are the luckiest girls in the world, because you fought and won. Thank you :)
  • welby252
    Options
    thankyou so much for sharing your story, and well done you should be so proud mary
  • coltrax
    coltrax Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Truly Amazing and Inspirational life story. Congratulations for never giving up and getting that second chance at life. :smile:
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    This may be my favorite success story yet. Congrats on all your accomplishments. You are absolutely correct about it being more work to hide in shame doing things to wreck our lives rather than actually living fully. You should be very proud of yourself!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    That’s a GREAT story, congratulations on everything. Thanks for sharing!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    As the child of an alcoholic who never successfully quite your story brought tears to my eyes. I know I don't know you but I'm proud of you! What a gift to yourself, your wife and your child. Excellent work and very inspiring. And congrats on your sobriety!
  • robinpickles
    robinpickles Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Now go and life the life you have imagined!!! wonderful , just wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bringonskinny
    Bringonskinny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Very insperational! You have done an amaing job!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    your story made me tear up. congrats to you for turning your life around and good luck in all of your future endeavors. very inspirational!
  • KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Wow....what an amazing and inspirational story!:flowerforyou:
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    An amazing story thank you so much for sharing! You are an inspiration to all those who struggle with recovery!
  • debfirst
    Options
    for those of you just starting out, know that you will get stronger every day – maybe not so much that you notice the difference day to day or week to week, but if you stick with it, a year from now you will be stronger, faster and have more vitality than you do now – and you WILL feel the difference.

Thank you for your story and your motivation... Its just want I needed to read.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your sobriety!!!! Thank you for sharing your amazing story. God Bless You :flowerforyou:
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Brought tears to my eyes. Your determination is amazing and inspiring.
  • iloveseattle
    iloveseattle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to share your inspiring story!! YOU ROCK! I just joined MFP and reading this account of your journey has encouraged me already to stay the course. Being so out of shape is demoralizing, however....I want what you have, so I am going to stay diligent in my workouts! Enjoy your beautiful life!
  • romeholiday
    Options
    Teary eyed reading this. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. This is incredibly powerful and I'm going to use this to start an exercise action plan. It's also great to see other members in recovery. We can do this. You did and do. And are an incredibly powerful example.

15120215.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!