fit-and-fun-sized-those-under-5-4-for-February 2012

Options

Replies

• babyfatbegone
    babyfatbegone Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @jam0525 I don't know the difference between a group and a fourm so it doesn't matter to me. For the month of February, I've been and will be doing the fitness circuit (jumping jacks, burpees, high knees, pushups, ect.) Last month was a little rough with both my kids' birthdays and two weeks of visitors. I'm a little afraid to get on the scale, but I know I've gained a few. I'll try and kick it in high gear for the Sunday weigh-in. =)
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    5ft 2 ;)
  • sumo42
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm 5'4" - my goal is 1404510, 140 pounds, love 45, size 10. Struggling so far, need all the help I can get.
  • kts_11
    kts_11 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like the groups personally, but whatever.

I'll claim 5'2" and a half :)
    with heels that's a different story!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Are short guys invited????

I have mixed feelings on forum or group. Groups are more targeted, but then you run the chance of narrowing the knowledge pool too much. Now that in and of itself could be a good thing or bad depending on your perscpective. Forums do offer a wider range of interaction, but sometimes it's harder to focus on more specific problems, experiences etc. :tongue:

Hi Welcome!

Yes, gents are welcome here too.

Jeannie
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11''. I may be mistaken, but i think there are other shorty groups, and that's not to say that another can't be started. I don't have an opinion one way or another as far as group versus forum.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Jeannie, thanks for getting us started for February.:bigsmile:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I have been posting on this thread for a long time and my fitness has improved a lot during this time. After reading "Younger Next Year for Women" and "Strong Women Stay Young", I have added a strength training routine that is challenging and easy to follow. I have gradually added time to my daily walking of my frisky poodles so now I walk them for two hours each morning.

:bigsmile: I am happy with leaving this as a thread. I am part of two teams right now......one team has over 100 members and fewer than ten are currently posting......the other has almost 100 members and only about a dozen are posting on a regular basis.....I think a group would be great for a smaller group of people who are already committed to staying connected with each other.

:bigsmile: It would be great if everyone would post once a week or so and share what their fitness goals and experiences have been
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Happy February!

:happy: Good news to start off the month - went for a "dunk test" today & happy to report that I'm down to 22.5% body fat. One year ago I was 19 lbs heavier and 30% body fat! Hence the dedication to MFP... it works! :happy:

5'2-1/2 on a good day, currently checking in at 137 lbs. and trying like heck to work my way down to an even 130 lbs. I fully expect it will take the better part of the year to shave off those last 7 lbs... especially since my regular activities have been tossed overboard.

I'm very active & love to run, however have been having some big problems with my hip & back (genetic) so the Doc has cast a shadow over my race plans. I'm not banned entirely, just supposed to go real easy... However, I start physical therapy next week, so hopefully it will WORK & I can avoid back surgery later in the year :ohwell: and then eventually work back up to my running schedule.
  • TinaG72
    Options
    hey everyone!!! 5' 1" 1/4. new to MFP
    currently at 153 and my goal weight is 125
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    hi!
    i'm 5'3" and i'm pretty new here :-)
  • Mommy2boys1girl
    Mommy2boys1girl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    5' 1.25"....my hubby is 6'3"! I keep thinking I will grow some with all the neck craning, but alas.....! LOL! :laugh:
  • Livinlavidalulu
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 5"3. Shorty for sure!

Whatever you choose is fine with me - I'm still new at this. Feel free to add :) I could use as much support and motivation as the rest of you.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    5'1 and glad to be among friends!
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    5' 1.25"....my hubby is 6'3"! I keep thinking I will grow some with all the neck craning, but alas.....! LOL! :laugh:

LOL mine is 6'2 LOL
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    My month started horrible! I went 1003 cals over goal :( Sometimes I hate resturants just because something should be low cal like tilapia or salmon doesnt mean it is once they get ahold of it.:blushing: :blushing:
  • kenzienmady3
    Options
    Morning everyone! What's everyone doing for super bowl Sunday, and how are you controlling your calories? :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! What's everyone doing for super bowl Sunday, and how are you controlling your calories? :)

I'm going to stick to my usual eating and stay away from goodies......and take my usual long morning walk with the dogs
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 5' 3.5 (yep that half inch matters a lot to me, lol!) I don't care about forum or group. I'm not a member of any groups yet, but it's great to see what other people close to my height have set for their goals.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and welcome to all new to this forum. I will just say a BIG HELLO as I am afraid I might omit someone accidently.

Auntiebk (Barbara) - Hi, yes, I am short besides being old. Lol I post in both groups as age and height both have different issues and there is great support in both groups.

Blueeyes- Congratulations on your “dunk test” results!

Barbie, I had to drop out of the Squats challenge. My knees were making horrible protest noises. I was doing the squats in front of a mirror to be sure my body was aligned right and that my knees weren’t going past my toes. But, I did find the group splintered.

Tina – You and I are right at the same marks. I am at 150 heading towards 125 too.

Kenziemandy – Superbowl -We are having a variety of snacks and calling it dinner. We have a combination of healthy and traditional junk planned. I think I should be able to do OK with calories for the day.

For February I am going back to doing a combination of strength training that got the knick name of GunNBut after the two body areas it works. My goal is to do 100 repetitions of squats, arm and floor exercises 3-4 times a week. What I do will vary depending on what feels right for the day.

To all the new MFPs – This is truly a great site. There are recipe forums if you are trying to change how you cook. There are forums for all kinds of exercise and support. Yes, there are other forums for us shorter folks. This one is a combination of support and fitness. We usually all post goals for the month then keep each other updated on how we are doing. The most important thing that applies to all of us is to accurately track your food everyday. That alone will help you more than you can imagine.

Jeannie
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Makes no difference to me as long as I know where to find you!!