fit-and-fun-sized-those-under-5-4-for-February 2012

Options

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I used to be 5'4" but then something happened. I shrank! Darn getting older does mean shrinking. I am now 5'3 3/4. I think the ear lobes are getting longer too as they say they do. LOL I started watching what I eat and exercising last year. Lost 28 pounds in like 5 months, was a happy camper. Then we took a cruise and I gained 5 pounds, took 2 months to lose that back. After that my Dad became ill and I fell off the wagon of eating good, but continued to exercise, so kept the weight off. This year I am back on track and was just told about this site last week. I love that it does the work for me of tracking it all. So my goal over all is to get to 150, still would be considered over weight, but that would sit ok with me. Thank all for listening and good luck on our journeys.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Jam, I got a box of chocolates for Valentines day, the box is still sealed.

Woohoo!!!!

That is fantastic.

JAM
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Im at exactly 5'0!!! I think a group would be great!
  • FULTZ10
    FULTZ10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot on a good day. I weigh 138.8 and want to be 125 at the most. I don't know the differences between group or forum, but i do want the motivation! Thank all you fun-size people!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone and Happy Saturday!

Welcome to all the new comers to MFP and to this forum group.

How is everyone doing on meeting their goals for February?

I am actually doing well on getting back into exercising again. Getting the strength training in and getting back into walking 15 minutes everyday at work with coworkers. Shagging balls for my son's soccer team will help too. I jog to get them and jog back.

What helped me when I first started was learning to accurrately measure what I was really eating, logging it and then learning to adjust it and substitute lower calorie items where ever I could. That seems to be the one thing that works for all of us.

Time for me to get going on my day,

Good luck with the weekend!

Jeannie (jam)
  • nooranika
    Options
    hey friends
    I'm 5'3" & happy to be here....great initiative indeed.
  • newrunnerjk
    newrunnerjk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning Everyone!

as for how is Feb. going. I guess ok. I had to go away for the weekend for work and put on a few pounds. So I have 9 days till I weigh in with hubby. so my plan is to pick up my cardio workouts and drink plenty of water. I hope everyone else is doing well.
    :flowerforyou:
  • nisha726
    Options
    5 and 3/4 ;-)
    Glad to find this group!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: we have had houseguests for a few days and eaten a lot of things I don't normally eat, but I made sure to get up early so I had time for my usual two and a half hours of walking with the dogs. Our friends like to walk so we took an extra walk in the afternoon......I managed to get my weights routine done before they arrived on Sunday and will do it again this afternoon after they leave.

:laugh: so what did I eat that I normally don"t ?:bigsmile: biscuit, cornbread with honey butter, sweet potato fries, crackers and hummus.
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: well I broke out my collection of swimsuits to try on before my trip to FL next month... in spite of the progress I've made so far, a whole lotta spandex will bring you back down pretty quick!

Don't get me wrong - I'm fortunate that some of my more modest suits are too big :smile: so I'll need to retire them. But I realized that the only way I'll find a good-fitting suit is to get one that is bra-sized, which means either expensive boutiques or online shopping. .. so I opted for some online shopping. Originally I wanted to try for Miraclesuit, but the DD version only goes down to size 8 (I previously had one in 10DD, much too big all over for 1 size drop to be possible), so I spent a TON of time looking for options online.

Found 3 suits, waiting for them to ship & then hopefully one of them will fit :smile: And no, none of them are bikini's - I think those days are over, even when I do reach my goal weight. My 5'2" stature collects all my fat right at the love handles, so I have to be SUPER skinny in order to have good looking stomach. At least the Tankini's are always long enough for this shortie, I would hate it if they showed the 1-2" of belly often seen on the models... would look TERRIBLE on me (right at the fat-collecting zone).

Only 9 lbs to go to reach my GW 130. Hoping to lose 3-4 lbs before my trip next month (I am a slow 0.5lb/wk loser).
  • JLKCullen
    Options
    5'3" :happy:
  • petersoncl
    Options
    5'0" and new to this.
  • rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3'' , 58 years old, and need to lose another 20 pounds, minimum. count me in.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    5' 1 1/2 here-CW 154-GW for now 135. Feel free to add me for support. :smile:
  • Kristy713ckm
    Kristy713ckm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't know the different from a forum or a group, but I like on Facebook you're always kept in the loop for boards you join. I'm 5' 2" and joined MFP 12/18/11. I've lost 12 pounds and am anxious to find good friends and support, but I haven't had "time" to search Message Boards. But I'd love to be kept in the loop with any others who are similiar. Those who are "short" (under 5' 4"), or those with 100 or more to lose etc.... My MFP name is: kristy713ckm
  • jam0525
    Options
    :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: well I broke out my collection of swimsuits to try on before my trip to FL next month... in spite of the progress I've made so far, a whole lotta spandex will bring you back down pretty quick!

Don't get me wrong - I'm fortunate that some of my more modest suits are too big :smile: so I'll need to retire them. But I realized that the only way I'll find a good-fitting suit is to get one that is bra-sized, which means either expensive boutiques or online shopping. .. so I opted for some online shopping. Originally I wanted to try for Miraclesuit, but the DD version only goes down to size 8 (I previously had one in 10DD, much too big all over for 1 size drop to be possible), so I spent a TON of time looking for options online.

Found 3 suits, waiting for them to ship & then hopefully one of them will fit :smile: And no, none of them are bikini's - I think those days are over, even when I do reach my goal weight. My 5'2" stature collects all my fat right at the love handles, so I have to be SUPER skinny in order to have good looking stomach. At least the Tankini's are always long enough for this shortie, I would hate it if they showed the 1-2" of belly often seen on the models... would look TERRIBLE on me (right at the fat-collecting zone).

Only 9 lbs to go to reach my GW 130. Hoping to lose 3-4 lbs before my trip next month (I am a slow 0.5lb/wk loser).

Try everything but the water. maybe they have a website. I got two for once last year,so it was $50.00 a suit. maybe they will have a special going on.

Good luck finding a suit.

Jeannie
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I did OK last week. No weight loss to show for it, but I exercised when I said I would and I am turning the corner on staying within my calories.

My DD and I gave up meat for LENT. 3 days down, 37 to go.

My big news is we are getting a freezer today! We have been without one for 2 years now and it has been tough. While it does help with not eating processed food, you do spend more in the long run as you can't take advantage of specials. It will be a small freezer. The smallest energy saver we can find, but it will be a freezer.

Happy Saturday,

Jeannie
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'3 or 5'4 on a good day. :laugh:

SW: 145
    CW: 132
    GW: 115 - 117

My goal for February is to stick with my 10k training program and to get out of the 130s. I've done really well with the running but my weight loss has stalled a bit. I just upped my calories a little to see if that helps.
  • Nique2012
    Nique2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone I'm 4"11 and would love to join the group