Replies

• babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just saw this!! Brilliant idea... I'm 5'2 (or err, 5'1 and 7/8's to be exact :P), and I always used the height excuse to be a martyr about weight. "it isn't fair, if I were 5'6 I would be healthy!!" was like my main argument, lol. Or that I'm still growing. I'm turning 22 soon, can't really use that excuse anymore!

When I was a pre-teen, I was convinced that I was going to be 6'1 because both of my parents are really tall. Now, I have come to terms with the fact that it won't happen in this lifetime, but being short has it's perks too! I just wish I had longer legs so that I wouldn't have to work quite as hard to run faster, *sigh*.

Anyways, rambling, just love being short! If this were a group it would be nice because it would be easier to find, but I'll just have to remember to search the forums for it.

Oh, and today marks the 8 month point before I run my first marathon, so doing a lot of running training :)
  • Katarah
    Options
    :heart: HI ya'll.. Im a mini too. 5'2.. i think I like a group.. Awesome idea. Rock on Ladies...
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' CW 150 aiming for...anything below 150! LOL no like around 120 maybe...or 130 with nice muscles. ;)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    If this were a group it would be nice because it would be easier to find, but I'll just have to remember to search the forums for it.

You don't have to search the forums to find this thread......click on "Community" in the blue boxes on the top of the page, then click on "My Topics" and you'll find us.......unless you're the sort who posts on dozens of threads, then your list may get too long.
  • viclee1
    viclee1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    nice to see other shorties. I'm likely one of the towerers aruond 5'4".
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Ladies and Gents -

it seems like we all share the same pain of knowing if we were taller, we'd be at a healthy size and/or weight. A tall friend who is a size 18-20 wants to get to a size 12. I'm a size 12 and feel like a beached whale trying to get back in the water.

I did my 100 repetitions of some sore of core training today first thing in the morning, so I am happy. It seems if I don't get it done in the morning, it doesn't get done.

If you haven't posted your goals this month, try to set some and post them here. it will help.

Jeannie
  • Rosemarose
    Rosemarose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    5'2.5" and I prefer a group. Shooting for a 3 lb loss in FEB.
  • lalarox
    Options
    5'1" and 3/4 LOL !!!! :blushing: ...and I am in desperate need of some motivation!
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    Hi all,
    My goal for february, prod my boyfriend into going outside & playing with me on Saturdays so I don't have to make the choice of exercising or seeing him.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: My life today is so great it should have background music.

:bigsmile: Barbie from NW Washington

February goals:
    *walk the dogs for an hour or more every morning no matter how cold, wet, windy, or snowy.
    * Yoga three days a week
    *100 squats a day
    *strength training two days a week (three would be better)

[img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif
    "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    Today I feel like I am caught somewhere between queasy hungery and queasy uninterested in food.:sick: I really don't want anyting that I have right now, I don't even feel like hot chocolate. It probably has something to do with only 4 hours of sleep and dreaming my alarm clock into my dreams. It wasn't even a clock in my dreams it was someone screaming "HAIL something!!!!" every 10 minuts, I woke myself up when I said "stop it" out load.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day!! Today, after a week and 1 day of not getting up and exercising I DID IT.....I got out of bed and got on the elliptical!! I kind of missed being sweaty!! Why did I not exercise? I'm not really sure. The warm comfort of my bed and lying next to my hubby? Maybe. Old habits sure do have a way of coming back fast though!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day!! Today, after a week and 1 day of not getting up and exercising I DID IT.....I got out of bed and got on the elliptical!! I kind of missed being sweaty!! Why did I not exercise? I'm not really sure. The warm comfort of my bed and lying next to my hubby? Maybe. Old habits sure do have a way of coming back fast though!!

I've noticed that if I jump right up out of bed as soon as I know I'm awake and it's time to get up, I do great......if I lie there for even a few minutes, I'm likely to stay there for an hour and have a terrible time getting up.:laugh:
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I' m 5' 2" and starting all over again again again today.I need lots of support and motivation to staly away from the junk food. I'm in a size 12 highest I've ever been in my life. i WANT
  • here_I_go_again
    Options
    OOPS....WANT
  • here_I_go_again
    Options
    ooPS AGAIN. I want to get to a size 8 at least , 6 would be better. hugs everyone
  • here_I_go_again
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! You rock!
  • newrunnerjk
    newrunnerjk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am 5'3". My goal for Feb is to loose 2-3 lbs and to work out 3 times a week. I am currently weighing in at 168lb my goal would to be at or under 150lb. My main problem is people don't think that I weight this much, I've learned how to dress to cover up the lumps. so my co-workers are always giving me that "oh you can eat that, you'll run it off. or i get that No you don't look like you weight that much, you must be wrong. I look forward to the support and a great month.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I too am 5'3". My goal for Feb is to loose 2-3 lbs and to work out 3 times a week. I am currently weighing in at 168lb my goal would to be at or under 150lb. My main problem is people don't think that I weight this much, I've learned how to dress to cover up the lumps. so my co-workers are always giving me that "oh you can eat that, you'll run it off. or i get that No you don't look like you weight that much, you must be wrong. I look forward to the support and a great month.

one reason I like MFP is that I have friends here to talk to about weight loss......I never talk to face-to-face friends because they tend to steal my dreams even when they don't mean to......here you can share your hopes and plans and progress and we will cheer for you :bigsmile: :bigsmile: don't try to explain to anyone why you are eating a certain way or why you've added so much exercise to your day, just do what you do with a smile :bigsmile: