Feeling awful from Coke Zero?

Options
I was never a soda person to begin with, but on occasion would drink one. I bought some Coke Zero recently and have felt awful and bloated twice after drinking one with dinner. Has anyone else experienced this? Just a coincidence?

Replies

• I totally feel that way after drinking coke zero. I don't know what it is, but sometimes, I just want something besides water.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    chemicals and cr#p will tend to do that. :wink:
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Sodium.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    There's not a lot of sodium in Coke Zero. It's mainly the poison chemicals inside of it ;)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    That stuff is so bad for you. I would just avoid drinking it completely and go with water. The safest thing to drink and no calories! :)

Water Zero...lol

Actually this is a link my sister gave me just today and I posted on the forum...
    http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/3-surprising-reasons-to-give-up-soda.html
  • andreacord
    Options
    I totally feel that way after drinking coke zero. I don't know what it is, but sometimes, I just want something besides water.

Probably a combination of aspartame and the bubbles.. I had major issues with bloating when I used to drink it daily, I cut it out except for when I go out and want something other than water. I still bloat but its drastically reduced
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That's true.
    It's not worth it.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    lol. I drink pop more than once a day. I feel bloated a lot. but i guess i'm used to it. this post made me laugh because that is probably why I feel bloated a lot! lol
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    yeah i feel the same when i drink it. i usually abstain from soda all together, but coke is my favorite and every one in a while i crave it. i just let myself have the real stuff and plan for the extra calories becaue the coke zero does something unplesant to my tummy. i assume the fake sweetners are to blame.

if you're getting it at the fountain, you can mix half regular coke and half coke zero. taste is slightly better, still lower calories, and you're reducing your contact with the coke zero.
  • athensguy
    Options
    There's not a lot of sodium in Coke Zero. It's mainly the poison chemicals inside of it ;)

There is no poison in Coke Zero.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Bloating? It's made from carbonated water. It tends to do that.

Feeling awful? Jitters from the caffeine, or the post-caffeine crash, perhaps?
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    weird story - I have not touched pop for about 2 years, just don't like it, and about a week ago I had a sip of my hubby's diet Pepsi and ever since then I crave a can a day like crazy!!! It's the weirdest thing. I don't like normal pop, so I drink diet and for the past week I've had a can a day. Anyway, it leaves me so bloated and gassy, but I can't stop drinking it.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    There may be no poison, but it is still all crap. Drink some water, stay away from the sodas........

The only time that I have soda is with some rum............:drinker:
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Coke Zero, never felt any effects even after drinking 3 cans in one meal.

I don't drink anymore, since I have decided not to drink diet sodas (and sodas altogether), as well as no diet sugar.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lmec50DTlo1qbp4vao1_500.gif
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Aspartame is EVIL. I used to be addicted to crystal light - and I had hot flashes, night sweats (and no, I'm not in menopause). Some mornings I'd leave for work just DRENCHED from sweat.

The minute I stopped drinking it - I noticed an improvement immediately...I felt better, not bloated and no more hot flashes!

Once in awhile, I'll have a diet pop - but very rarely. I've started drinking fizzy water with a dash of cranberry juice if I need something other than water!
  • wlgreen379
    Options
    There may be no poison, but it is still all crap. Drink some water, stay away from the sodas........

The only time that I have soda is with some rum............:drinker:

Amen.
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    I was never a soda person to begin with, but on occasion would drink one. I bought some Coke Zero recently and have felt awful and bloated twice after drinking one with dinner. Has anyone else experienced this? Just a coincidence?

that might be the sodium cyclamate (a sweetner salt) unless you're in America it's banned there.

Although it does have a fair amount of phosphoric acid which can cause inflammation of the stomach , so that might be it.

I stay away from "soft" drinks, usually I stick to just drinking water.
  • jolenebrink
    Options
    If I go a long time without drinking soda, I feel awful after having one! Doesn't matter what kind, I feel like absolute garbage. Actually, it's a blessing because I used to drink a TON of soda... and this keeps me from drinking it.
  • Milletp
    Options
    I admit I'm a diet coke-a-holic. Sad thing is I don't want to give it up. I'm trying to drink alot less but just don't have the desire to drop it all together even though I know how bad it is for you~UGH!