Feeling awful from Coke Zero?

Options

Replies

• Roshams
    Options
    I was never a soda person to begin with, but on occasion would drink one. I bought some Coke Zero recently and have felt awful and bloated twice after drinking one with dinner. Has anyone else experienced this? Just a coincidence?

Funny you say this..as I sit here and finish my Coke Zero...I'm feeling like I just gained about 20 pounds and could probably go to sleep.

I know this **** is bad for me, but I am addicted! LOL
  • Roshams
    Options
    Diet sodas of any kind screw up my appetite control-makes me crave sugar.

For occasions, I use a small amount of 100% juice concentrate diluted with non-sodium club soda.

That's a great idea!
  • dericcarson
    dericcarson Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero is my b!tch
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    There's not a lot of sodium in Coke Zero. It's mainly the poison chemicals inside of it ;)

There is no poison in Coke Zero.

I beg to differ. This is poison.(Carbonated water, color (caramel E150d), phosphoric acid, sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame-K), flavorings (including caffeine), acidity regulator (E331). Contains a source of phenylalanine.)

Especially the aspartame.

Those are not poisons.. they're ingredients for Coke Zero.

And you were saying!!!! Educate your self on what phenylalanine and aspartame is. And don't forget the phosphoric acid.

They both have uses in the body; but extra amounts from external sources is usually not necessary unless you have a certain deficiency.
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Replace "sugar" with "aspartame". Same basic reactions.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    There's not a lot of sodium in Coke Zero. It's mainly the poison chemicals inside of it ;)

Really? Well let me provide to you scientific evidence to show you how wrong you are:

Chemicals inside Coke Zero and their listed known safety issues:

caramel E150d - the USDA was petitioned to remove its safe status as it contains 2-methylimidazole and 4-methylimidazole which are carcinogens

phosphoric acid - commonly used for rust removal in chemicals, linked to low bone density, and linked to chronic kidney disease and kidney stones.

aspartame - destroys your body's ability to keep track of satiety, promotes a heavy profile, and doubles your obesity risk as well as being highly addictive. Also linked as a carcinogen.

acesulfame-K - compared to aspartame and saccharin is listed as being the worst in terms of safety (FDA study 1987). Causes cancer in test animals. In 1987 was urged to not be approved by the FDA. Is a breakdown product that affects thyroids in rats, rabbits, and dogs. Has been linked to causing benign thyroid tumors in rats.

E331 acidity regulator - preservative

phenylalanine - is classified as a NEUROTOXIN and excites the neurons in the brain to the point of cellular death. This chemical is 50% of aspartame.

The 1976 Groliers Encyclopedia lists that cancer "cannot live without phenylalanine"

Is found naturally but can be very harmful to diabetics.

I agree with this but just because phenylalanine is a protein involved with cancer does make it bad , for example if you can't metabolise phenylalanine it will lead to problems such as Phenylketonuria ( it causes brain seizures and slows brain development significantaly) what you basically saying is that proteins (2-aminos) cause cancer, only when genes ( typically proto-oncogene ) fail to proliferate correctly does this happen.

Check this web site out.
    http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html

I have had a few of these side effects. They went away after I quit drinking the poison.
  • lori4013
    lori4013 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My doc told me all of the artificial sweeteners will make you retain water.
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Really? Well let me provide to you scientific evidence to show you how wrong you are:

caramel E150d - the USDA was petitioned to remove its safe status as it contains 2-methylimidazole and 4-methylimidazole which are carcinogens

phosphoric acid - commonly used for rust removal in chemicals, linked to low bone density, and linked to chronic kidney disease and kidney stones.

aspartame - destroys your body's ability to keep track of satiety, promotes a heavy profile, and doubles your obesity risk as well as being highly addictive. Also linked as a carcinogen.

acesulfame-K - compared to aspartame and saccharin is listed as being the worst in terms of safety (FDA study 1987). Causes cancer in test animals. In 1987 was urged to not be approved by the FDA. Is a breakdown product that affects thyroids in rats, rabbits, and dogs. Has been linked to causing benign thyroid tumors in rats.

phenylalanine - is classified as a NEUROTOXIN and excites the neurons in the brain to the point of cellular death. This chemical is 50% of aspartame.

The 1976 Groliers Encyclopedia lists that cancer "cannot live without phenylalanine"

I agree with this but just because phenylalanine is a protein involved with cancer does make it bad , for example if you can't metabolise phenylalanine it will lead to problems such as Phenylketonuria ( it causes brain seizures and slows brain development significantaly) what you basically saying is that proteins (2-aminos) cause cancer, only when genes ( typically proto-oncogene ) fail to proliferate correctly does this happen.

Check this web site out.

I have had a few of these side effects. They went away after I quit drinking the poison.
    Looks to me like a doctor just trying to make more money.

Here is something from the American Cancer Society.
    http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerCauses/OtherCarcinogens/AtHome/aspartame
  • shopewell70
    shopewell70 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was never a soda person to begin with, but on occasion would drink one. I bought some Coke Zero recently and have felt awful and bloated twice after drinking one with dinner. Has anyone else experienced this? Just a coincidence?
    Please take a minute and follow this link about aspartame. It will open your eyes to EVERYTHING that has Aspartame in it. About 4 years ago while yoyo dieting, I started drinking flavored water using the flavor packs. I was seriously addicted to the flavor packs. I got really sick, to what I simply thought was a kidney infection. I was in horrific pain. I finally went to the doctor and he said that he found what may be a small trace of a kidney infection but what bothered him was the fact that my blood pressure was 72/52. Now let me say I have NEVER had blood pressure issues. He went ahead an gave me an antibiotic so home I went. After a couple hours of sleep I felt some relief, so I got up an fix myself some flavored water. Immediately after drinking it I was in horrific pain again. I was confused, and for whatever reason I picked the box of flavor packs up and read the ingredients. The only thing that stuck out was the Aspartame. I had heard bits and pieces of it in the past but never understood till I research it at that point. I was shocked and amazed. I quit drinking anything and everything that had Aspartame in it. I want you to know that by the next morning I felt 100% better and within only a few days all symptoms were gone. Not to mention my eyesight was better, and definitly my mood.
    I know this is a long post but I hope this helps understand what that stuff does to you. Also, dont be fooled they now put it under another names such as •Phenylalanine•Phenylketonuria.
  • Red7Basil
    Options
    WOW! People either really love or really hate Coke Zero. I myself bought a Soda Stream because I like carbonated water. The Soda Stream has a less bad for you version of Coke Zero (it has no aspartame, it is sweetened with sucralose). I need caffeine sometimes and I don't always want to drink coffee. I found that this works best for me.
  • duharvalgt
    Options

Check this web site out.

Good for you for not drinking that , I'm not saying aspartame is not harmful.
    I'm saying its useful for certain things in the body e.g; it's a methyl ester that helps react Dipeptides ( proteins in your diet) the most important being Carnosine which is very very important for your brain.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    The bads far outweigh the goods.

To the person asking how much of the bad chemicals exist... if I handed you a gallon of water and put in a few grams of rat poison, would you still want it?
  • Juliedhoward
    Options
    I would say fit in a regular all natural soda in your allowed calories for the day cuz all those artificial sweaters make you gain weight they double your fat molecules and guessing thats def not what you are looking for or you can do what I do get soda water and add lime and stevia for a real all natural soda!
  • Incredible_shrinking_woman
    Options

* After reading this, i'll think twice about having another soda...* 15714177.png
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options

To the person asking how much of the bad chemicals exist... if I handed you a gallon of water and put in a few grams of rat poison, would you still want it?
    If it tasted like Diet Coke, sure.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    Options
    I would say fit in a regular all natural soda in your allowed calories for the day cuz all those artificial sweaters make you gain weight they double your fat molecules and guessing thats def not what you are looking for or you can do what I do get soda water and add lime and stevia for a real all natural soda!
    Can you back that claim up with a reputable source?
  • duharvalgt
    Options

That's why I said earlier; "extra amounts from external sources is usually not necessary unless you have a certain deficiency."
  • AlbertPooHoles
    Options
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Some people are sensitive to artifical sweeteners. If you react badly to it, I'd stop drinking it.

I like Coke Zero. A couple of times a week I have one of the mini-cans and it hits the spot.:wink: I also consume Splenda in tea. Since I've lost 35 pounds in the past few months, I don't think artificial sweeteners are making me gain weight. I've never heard of that before. I have heard of research that it makes you crave sugar, but I have not found that to be true in my personal experience. If anything, eating well and exercising has made me crave sweets less than ever before!
  • PamelaOllie
    Options
    If you want bubbles, try juice mixed with club soda or sparkling mineral water. In the morning, it seems like a virgin Mimosa, like I'm celebrating something!