Feeling awful from Coke Zero?

Options

Replies

• sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    There may be no poison, but it is still all crap. Drink some water, stay away from the sodas........

The only time that I have soda is with some rum............:drinker:

I used to drink 2 litres of diet coke a day but now its as you say with spirits occassionally
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    There's not a lot of sodium in Coke Zero. It's mainly the poison chemicals inside of it ;)

There is no poison in Coke Zero.

Really? Well let me provide to you scientific evidence to show you how wrong you are:

Chemicals inside Coke Zero and their listed known safety issues:

caramel E150d - the USDA was petitioned to remove its safe status as it contains 2-methylimidazole and 4-methylimidazole which are carcinogens

phosphoric acid - commonly used for rust removal in chemicals, linked to low bone density, and linked to chronic kidney disease and kidney stones.

aspartame - destroys your body's ability to keep track of satiety, promotes a heavy profile, and doubles your obesity risk as well as being highly addictive. Also linked as a carcinogen.

acesulfame-K - compared to aspartame and saccharin is listed as being the worst in terms of safety (FDA study 1987). Causes cancer in test animals. In 1987 was urged to not be approved by the FDA. Is a breakdown product that affects thyroids in rats, rabbits, and dogs. Has been linked to causing benign thyroid tumors in rats.

E331 acidity regulator - preservative

phenylalanine - is classified as a NEUROTOXIN and excites the neurons in the brain to the point of cellular death. This chemical is 50% of aspartame.

The 1976 Groliers Encyclopedia lists that cancer "cannot live without phenylalanine"

Is found naturally but can be very harmful to diabetics.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    There's not a lot of sodium in Coke Zero. It's mainly the poison chemicals inside of it ;)

I beg to differ. This is poison.(Carbonated water, colour (caramel E150d), phosphoric acid, sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame-K), flavourings (including caffeine), acidity regulator (E331). Contains a source of phenylalanine.)

Especially the aspartame.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

I beg to differ. This is poison.(Carbonated water, colour (caramel E150d), phosphoric acid, sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame-K), flavourings (including caffeine), acidity regulator (E331). Contains a source of phenylalanine.)

See my comment on page 1 to the "there is no poison". I listed out the poisonous compounds found within coke-zero and what exactly they do.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options

Since when??? I needs my poison!!!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options

See my comment on page 1 to the "there is no poison". I listed out the poisonous compounds found within coke-zero and what exactly they do.
    And how much of each ingredient does it take to cause any damage?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Those are not poisons.. they're ingredients for Coke Zero.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like Coke Zero.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    Options
    So all of these folks not drinking Coke Zero... not drinking any booze either? Everything else you ingest is 100% man-made chemical-free?
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Aspartame is EVIL. I used to be addicted to crystal light - and I had hot flashes, night sweats (and no, I'm not in menopause). Some mornings I'd leave for work just DRENCHED from sweat.

Do they have a rehab for that?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Aspartame is EVIL. I used to be addicted to crystal light - and I had hot flashes, night sweats (and no, I'm not in menopause). Some mornings I'd leave for work just DRENCHED from sweat.

Do they have a rehab for that?

If you're going to be addicted to something, I'd aim higher than Crystal Light. :smile:
  • duharvalgt
    Options

Really? Well let me provide to you scientific evidence to show you how wrong you are:

Chemicals inside Coke Zero and their listed known safety issues:

caramel E150d - the USDA was petitioned to remove its safe status as it contains 2-methylimidazole and 4-methylimidazole which are carcinogens

phosphoric acid - commonly used for rust removal in chemicals, linked to low bone density, and linked to chronic kidney disease and kidney stones.

aspartame - destroys your body's ability to keep track of satiety, promotes a heavy profile, and doubles your obesity risk as well as being highly addictive. Also linked as a carcinogen.

acesulfame-K - compared to aspartame and saccharin is listed as being the worst in terms of safety (FDA study 1987). Causes cancer in test animals. In 1987 was urged to not be approved by the FDA. Is a breakdown product that affects thyroids in rats, rabbits, and dogs. Has been linked to causing benign thyroid tumors in rats.

E331 acidity regulator - preservative

phenylalanine - is classified as a NEUROTOXIN and excites the neurons in the brain to the point of cellular death. This chemical is 50% of aspartame.

The 1976 Groliers Encyclopedia lists that cancer "cannot live without phenylalanine"

Is found naturally but can be very harmful to diabetics.

I agree with this but just because phenylalanine is a protein involved with cancer does make it bad , for example if you can't metabolise phenylalanine it will lead to problems such as Phenylketonuria ( it causes brain seizures and slows brain development significantaly) what you basically saying is that proteins (2-aminos) cause cancer, only when genes ( typically proto-oncogene ) fail to proliferate correctly does this happen.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    Options
    (opens up a 20 oz Diet Coke -- for reals!)
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options

I beg to differ. This is poison.(Carbonated water, color (caramel E150d), phosphoric acid, sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame-K), flavorings (including caffeine), acidity regulator (E331). Contains a source of phenylalanine.)

Those are not poisons.. they're ingredients for Coke Zero.

And you were saying!!!! Educate your self on what phenylalanine and aspartame is. And don't forget the phosphoric acid.
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My only experience with Coke Zero gave me an awful headache. The odd thing is that I never got that from Coke Classic, Diet Coke, or any Pepsi product. Most people I know have not said anything about problems of any kind from Coke Zero. It could just be one of those things from some ingredient that has an effect on a percentage of consumers.
  • frumpytofit
    Options
    Diet sodas of any kind screw up my appetite control-makes me crave sugar.

For occasions, I use a small amount of 100% juice concentrate diluted with non-sodium club soda.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I can't drink any Coke products. The best (tasting) diet pops IMHO are Pepsi Max, Diet Dr. Pepper & Dr. Pepper 10. Diet Coke & Coke zero taste watered down to me, but whatever works for you.