When your heart is breaking...

Options

Replies

• CharityPearce
    Options
    Let it fuel your journey. It motivated me to want to finally do something for myself and I really enjoyed exercising and eating properly because with all the chaos around me, I had something beautiful that I was doing for me. Makes you really proud of yourself especially as you start to reach your mini goals. While your reaching your physical goals you're also reaching your emotional goals

AND Exercising gives you natural "feel good" hormones, so bring on the feel good!!:drinker:

My thoughts exactly! And keep busy. Before you know it, you'll be stronger all the way around! Sending healing thoughts your way!
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I agree. Let it out. Loudly, violently and find someone awesome you can vent to.
  • gumigal82
    Options
    ...how do you stay mentally tough?

When I have really tough times, I actually use exercise to drive me. Exercise is a great stress reliever! (kick boxing especially) Also, try writing everything out, no matter how you feel it would sound to someone;) The best medicine can be time with friends, having dinner, dancing, or drinks-:)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Nice question:::::::Which deserves an answer.

As I am a food addict/emotinal eater, I have struggled for so many years while destroying my health....

Now, I am in recovery, one day at a time, at peace with myself and life as it happens....since 3/22/11....That's when I joined Overeater Anonymous.

:flowerforyou:
    Seriously? There's actually an overeaters anonymous? Wow, didn't know that! Sounds great! Personally I find exercise a good cure xwhen my hearts breaking! X
  • gumigal82
    Options
    i didnt try to stay tough. i cried all i wanted. XD. you just have to choose to do the right thing for yourself anyway.

I agree-being tough is great sometimes, but a good cry/yell is not all that bad either! :)
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Currently broken and this is how I deal

Cry alot
    Talk to the best MFP Family one could ever ask for
    drink ...not recommended
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Focus and dont' sweat the small stuff. Avoid the alcohol and drugs. They do nothing. Don't attempt to bandaid the problem. Work through it and resolve it for good.

Best of luck.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    As I have gotten older (yes - this is what 55 looks like & I don't photograph particularly well) I hav found that it gets easier and easier to "compartmentalize" and recognize that there are other people in my life who really depend on me to "show up," give it all I've got, and "be there" for them. It helps me to realize that there are many kinds of Love and that even if I cannot sustain a relationship with "him," I still have a lot to give the other people in my life, the people who would never DREAM of hurting me. I am so sorry you are going through this! As you can probably tell, I am right there with you....:flowerforyou:

^^^ awesome answer!
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Kidnap him, lock him in the basement, and dry shave all his body hair with a dull razor!!! Yea, I hold some major bitterness!!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You do not stay tough. Allow yourself to break down and cry your eyes out. Tears have a magical power of healing. They soothe the soul, help you breathe, and even though your heart may be shattered into a million pieces, it is tears that help you survive. Let yourself be vulnerable and let someone, anyone, be a rock you lean on.
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    First, I buck up and set new goals.

Second, I get real about the nature of the relationship, and resolve to just let it go while seeing if there are lessons to be learned.

Third, I start to consider what other doors will open now that this one is closed. Nature abhors a vacuum.

Forth, I set time aside to work through the grief and pain, then LET IT GO!

And finally,
    13833350_8665.jpg
    I GET EVEN!

OMG!!!! Lol... Obsessed with this post!!!! :)
  • ChrisStoney
    Options
    You do not stay tough. Allow yourself to break down and cry your eyes out. Tears have a magical power of healing. They soothe the soul, help you breathe, and even though your heart may be shattered into a million pieces, it is tears that help you survive. Let yourself be vulnerable and let someone, anyone, be a rock you lean on.

stop being such acrybaby! LOL
  • ChrisStoney
    Options

If the Giants beat the Patriots, I will need a hug.....
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options

What if you don't have anyone? What if you're all alone?

My heart is broken, I've cried so much, I can't believe I have any tears left. I'm just going through the motions. No one to lean on.

I don't feel like this is soothing or healing.

Yesterday I said today I would pick myself up. Today I said tomorrow. Hopefully, I will tomorrow.
  • AggieLu
    Options
    You must have never been heartbroken.
  • AggieLu
    Options

You must have never been heartbroken.. and the Giants will beat the Patriots. Here's a hug! ;)
  • msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Read something inspiring and motivational everyday. Write down why the situation was not a good one for you and what you look forward to in the future and put it somewhere where you can look at it when you feel weak.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options

One hug coming up around 10:00 tomorrow.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Keeping yourself busy with good things and good thoughts. Intaking all the positivity you can take in. It helped me get through a broken heart.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Just keep getting up everyday doing your routine. One day you will wake up and won't feel it anymore.