Hundred Push Ups April

Options
keiko
keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
Hi everyone! I was looking to see if anyone started our April thread. I did not see one so I thought I'd go ahead.

Here is the link in case anyone new wants to join us! http://hundredpushups.com./

I'll be posting Thursday morning!

Hope you all have a good night and keep at those pushups!

MM, saw on the old thread that you were sick. Hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• keiko
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was looking to see if anyone started our April thread. I did not see one so I thought I'd go ahead.

Here is the link in case anyone new wants to join us! http://hundredpushups.com./

I'll be posting Thursday morning!

Hope you all have a good night and keep at those pushups!

MM, saw on the old thread that you were sick. Hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:
  • montanamomma
    Options
    bump (for the link)
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the new thread, keiko! I just finished Week 6, Day 2, Level 3:

66 (min 58)

I am a little disappointed, only because last week I managed 75 on that last set. But, I knew I was feeling tired tonight. At least I made it through!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    life's kicking me in the *kitten*-- not sure how I'll be able to keep up with these-- but we'll see--
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this thread if that's ok! I started trying to do push-ups last month and worked my way up to 20 consecutive ones as of yesterday, so I will be starting week one, level three, today!

Kathy :)
  • keiko
    Options
    Welcome to Push Ups Kathy! The thread runs for the month then someone will start a new one.
    Hope you enjoy the challenge:drinker:

Today was week week 5, day 2, level 2
    sets 1&2 18
    3&4 20
    5&6 14
    7 16
    8 at least 40 and I managed 45:drinker: Water tastes good after!

I wonder if I'll ever move on from this week? But at least I got two days in so far! These past few weeks have just been crazy.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    Posting to mark the new thread. I'll do my push-ups later today. :happy:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Welcome newbies! Glad to have you here!
    Keiko, thanks. Yeah, I'm still sick, but I am getting a little better each day. I will be resting this week and I hope to be back at it on Monday! I was stuck on weeks 4,5, and 6 for a long time. You will move on. Don't get discouraged!
    CP, you are doing great. Just because maybe you didn't do as well on the last set as you did last time, doesn't mean you won't make it to 100 this weekend! Maybe you need someone to make you mad before you test. :tongue: That's what worked for me!:laugh:
    Kathy, welcome! Congrats on getting to 20 consecutive already! That's great!
    Alright, hopefully I will see you all on Monday! Have a good weekend!
    MM
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1
    *Girly-Style*
    +21
    +25
    +21
    +21
    +10 Plank push-ups (for the hell of it)
    +40
    _____
    138 woot!

This will be my last day at week 4 day 1. My body is caught up and ready for day 2. I hope!
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    A question about how this works...

Today I started at week 1, day 1, level 3

I was able to do:

set 1: 10
    set 2: 12
    set 3: 7
    set 4: 5 (supposed to do 7)
    set 5: Didn't even try

Should I just keep trying to complete day 1 at level 3 or should I do level 2 next time?
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    A question about how this works...

Today I started at week 1, day 1, level 3

I was able to do:

set 1: 10
    set 2: 12
    set 3: 7
    set 4: 5 (supposed to do 7)
    set 5: Didn't even try

Should I just keep trying to complete day 1 at level 3 or should I do level 2 next time?

Totally up to you! I got stuck on week 4 day 1 for a long time, but I just stayed there until I felt I was ready to move on. So you can stay at lvl three and do it over until you complete it, or you could move down to lvl 2. Just remember, it gets harder week by week, so you probably want to start where you are the most comfortable. :flowerforyou:
    IMO.
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    I would like to join in now if it's not too late. I'm looking on the website and will start week 1 day 1 today!
  • keiko
    Options
    I would like to join in now if it's not too late. I'm looking on the website and will start week 1 day 1 today!

It's never to late! We are all in on different weeks, days, levels. Each month this thread starts over so just watch for a new thread when May begins.
    Hope you enjoy the challenge:drinker:
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    Week 4, Day 2
    *girly style*
    +25
    +29
    +29 (oops did 4 extra)
    +25
    +50 (woot!! minimum was 36)
    ____

I don't know what's up but I am feeling so much stronger the past two days, I am not complaining though! After a couple weeks of having a hard time, it's nice to see my body adapt. :happy:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am such a whimp... I barely did 5 push-ups.

So I am starting Week 1 Column 1 tomorrow... I am also starting the 200 sit-up challenge
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did week one, column one... It was hard. I am guessing when I am done with this week I will have to do it again.
  • keiko
    Options
    Hi Wanda, Welcome to the pushups challenge! Yes it's hard but as you progress it feels so good! I've repeated weeks. Some weeks I've repeated till it turned into a month or more! But each day you do it it makes you stronger so I keep on going.

Today was week 5, day 3, level 2
    sets 1&2 18
    3&4 20
    5&6 17
    7 20
    8 at least 45 and I survived the 45. I really wanted 50 but I'm happy to have made the 45. I took a few weeks off so just doing all three days this week was an accomplishment all it's own.
    I don't think I'll test this time. I want to do this week again just to help me get back on track and stay on track.

Hope you're all having a good weekend:flowerforyou:
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I just started today!

So, Week 1, Day 1:
    Plank Style
    Max: 7

I was saying to my sister earlier, I was really surprised by how sore my abs were! They were sore before I started, I think from my modern dance class, and as soon as I got in plank position it was like: "Whoa! There they are!"

I guess that I logically knew the push-ups work your abs, too, but I had evidence of it today that reallymade it sink in!
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    I was saying to my sister earlier, I was really surprised by how sore my abs were!

psst, I'm her sister. :wink:

Welcome to the challenge!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Wow, welcome to all the new faces! :flowerforyou:

I can't believe it - I ALMOST finished today. I didn't get around to doing day 3 of week 6 yesterday, but I decided to go ahead and test this morning. I managed - you won't believe it - 99 pushups. :angry: I was really mad for a little while - I had to pause three times during that last ten, and then for some reason I DIDN'T pause after 99... then I went down and simply could not push myself back up, and fell down. Man! :explode:

But, then I realized, given that the last set was so rough, it's probably a good idea to go ahead and repeat for another week. Sigh! So I just finished up week 6, day 3, level 3 tonight:

78 (min 60)

After 6 months, what's another week, right? This just gives me time to order my t-shirt. :wink: Besides, I am planning on going back to week 3 to work on slowing down and going down closer to the floor after I finish anyway.

Keep it up, everyone. You CAN do it! :happy: :drinker: