Hundred Push Ups April

Options

Replies

• queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    WHEW!!!!!!!!!

I did the test and was shocked at the amount of pushups I was able to do. 3 plank!

I'm in day Week 1, Day 1, Column 1

I was barely able to do the sets but I succeeded. I will stay on day 1 for this week and then advance to day 2 so I can build up my upper body strength. I'm sure the "girls" have a lot to do with the weight. LOL

This is definitely a challenge and one I do want to complete. I need all the prayers of encouragement I can get.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Queen, glad you got day one done!:drinker:
    I'm doing "girly" style. After I finish and build up some upper body strength I might try the planks.

Today for me was week 5, day 3, level 2
    sets 1&2 18
    3&4 20
    5&6 17
    7 20
    8 at least 45 and that's what I did:drinker: YEAH I finally finished a week after a few weeks of starting and not finishing:drinker:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Welcome Queen!:happy:
    Everyone looks to be doing great!
    I'm still sick (two weeks), so still one week 3 level 1. Didn't have time to do day 3 yesterday so I did it today.
    16(min 13)
    I may try to move up to level 2 on Monday, depending on how I am feeling. See you then! Happy Easter!
    MM
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! I tested yesterday and I did it! My hands kept slipping, so I paused for 5-10 seconds after 84 push ups (basically I put my butt up in the air while I readjusted my hands - this is one of the 'authorized rest positions' used during the Army PF test, so I think it is OK), and then I did 27 more. 111 total! :bigsmile:

So, I am going to rest a little bit this week - I'll still do push ups, maybe see if I can do 100 without any rest, but not all the sets for any given week - and then I am going to start back over at week 3 and try to go slower and all the way to the floor. (I have only been going about halfway down on my long sets) I was only able to do about 10 all the way to the floor a couple of minutes after my test... but I was pretty tired at that point.

Welcome to the new faces, and good job keiko and FitnessGeek on your progress! I repeated week 4 a bunch of times... and then week 5 a bunch of times... and then week 6 a bunch of times... :laugh: But you can do it. When I started last August, I could only do 1 plank. And yesterday, I did 111!
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I DID IT! I tested yesterday and I did it! My hands kept slipping, so I paused for 5-10 seconds after 84 push ups (basically I put my butt up in the air while I readjusted my hands - this is one of the 'authorized rest positions' used during the Army PF test, so I think it is OK), and then I did 27 more. 111 total! bigsmile

So, I am going to rest a little bit this week - I'll still do push ups, maybe see if I can do 100 without any rest, but not all the sets for any given week - and then I am going to start back over at week 3 and try to go slower and all the way to the floor. (I have only been going about halfway down on my long sets) I was only able to do about 10 all the way to the floor a couple of minutes after my test... but I was pretty tired at that point.

Welcome to the new faces, and good job keiko and FitnessGeek on your progress! I repeated week 4 a bunch of times... and then week 5 a bunch of times... and then week 6 a bunch of times... laugh But you can do it. When I started last August, I could only do 1 plank. And yesterday, I did 111!

Wow, Congrats, cp005e! It's so motivating when to see somebody hit their goal. That's a lot of progress since August. :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! I tested yesterday and I did it! My hands kept slipping, so I paused for 5-10 seconds after 84 push ups (basically I put my butt up in the air while I readjusted my hands - this is one of the 'authorized rest positions' used during the Army PF test, so I think it is OK), and then I did 27 more. 111 total! :bigsmile:

Welcome to the new faces, and good job keiko and FitnessGeek on your progress! I repeated week 4 a bunch of times... and then week 5 a bunch of times... and then week 6 a bunch of times... :laugh: But you can do it. When I started last August, I could only do 1 plank. And yesterday, I did 111!

Great job cp005e!!! :flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    Options
    Congratulations cp005e!! Enjoy your rest days! 111 is amazing!:drinker:
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    Week 5 Day1
    *girly-style*
    +36
    +40
    +30
    +24
    +40
    ____

Yay :bigsmile:
  • writer4him
    Options
    Week 2, Column 2, Day 1

13 (min 11)

Question about week two...at the end of the instructions, it says to test again to see how many you can do. (Can't remember the exact wording) Do I take a 4th day this week and test, or am I supposed to do that after the workout on day #3?
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I may not be posting on here much for a little while. I will still post when I have time, but I am having to rearrange my priorities and I spend too much time on the computer. I will still do my push ups every week though. Starting week 3 level 2 or 3 today! Keep up the good work and I will be in to check on you all soon!
    MM
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    set 1 - 4
    set 2 - 6
    set 3 - 4
    set 4 - 4
    set 5 - 8 (at least 6)

I think I did an extra set of 4 also... the children were distracting me a little bit.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1, column 3:

set 1 - 10

set 2 - 12

set 3 - 7

set 4 - 7

set 5 - 15

whew!! I made it through day 1!!!!! (just 6 more weeks to go)
  • keiko
    Options
    I did not test this weekend. So here I am doing week 5 again:laugh: I am still struggling to finish all the sets so that's ok that I'm still here.

Week 5, day 1, level 2
    at least 35, I managed 38

Hope you all have a good Tuesday:flowerforyou:
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    I am actually doing week 1 day 1 everyday this week. My upper body is sooooo weak. I didn't realize how much so until I took this challenge.

3 (min 3)

And it has gotten a little easier but not by much. Each Monday I will move to the next week. I hope this is alright to do this way.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Hi all!:flowerforyou: I would really like to join you in this challenge. I took the test and I will be starting Week 1 level 3 today. :bigsmile:
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Holy Cow! :tongue:
    :tongue:
  • writer4him
    Options
    Week 2, column 2, day 2

5 (supposed to be 9 but I pooped out!)

I will repeat this day on Friday!
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    set 1 - 5
    set 2 - 6
    set 3 - 4
    set 4 - 4
    set 5 - 10 (at least 7)

I have done more push-ups in a row today than I have done in 14 years!! So many of you probably can do 10 in your sleep, but I know you understand how proud I am to be in the double-digits!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    Ug, I've been sick the past couple days. Hopefully I can get to my push-ups tomorrow or the next day. I don't like missing so many days!
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2, Column 3

set 1 - 10
    set 2 - 12
    set 3 - 8
    set 4 - 8
    set 5 - 16

yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!