"Ah eats when Ah'm hungry

Ah drinks when Ah'm dry

And if moonshine don't kill me

Ah'll live till Ah die!"

Irish Ballad?
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself, be flexible on your diet.
    When you drop your cell phone, you don't jump on it to break it up
    so why do that to your diet?

I love this. I have had a pretty horrible diet today and yesterday, so this comment is perfect. Thanks
  • leem1711
    leem1711 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The More you eat the more you need to work out
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    The More you eat the more you need to work out

Need?

How about "The more you eat the more you WANT to work out". :smile:
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Weight loss tips that work...

1. Pre-plan all your meals.
    2. Don't deny yourself foods you want. Just track them and allow for them in your daily calories without going over.
    3. EXERCISE
    4. Eat lots of vegetables. They are filling, healthy and low calorie. And delicious. Especially if they are in season and locally grown organics!
    5. You may have to eat different then your family. I find I have to eat different meals then my family. This means I am making two meals at every dining time. But that is okay, because my weight loss is worth it.
    6. Eat less carbs and more protein.
    7. If you go over on your calories one day -don't despair. Just get back on track the next day.
    8. Ask your mfp friends for encouragement. This has helped me on a few challenging days.
    9. Stay focused, consistent. Every day you must eat your allowed calories only. Do not go over (too much!).

I love weight loss tips and encouragement! We are doin' it!
  • g_abian03
    g_abian03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ultimate rule:
    DISCIPLINE
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You can't out train a bad diet.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Dont starve yourself, eat a moderate amount every day.
    Do some exercise.
    Repeat.
  • Chantal34
    Options
    1. Consume fewer calories than you expend.

The End.

Only tip u will need.

...then what's all this talk about 'starvation mode' and 'eating more to lose'?
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Count your calories, try and be as accurate as possible by measuring your servings (sometimes you can fall into the habit of underestimating here and there, it can add up).

Don't beat yourself up for going over, don't go on silly starvation diets or do any new fad diet even though it does not suit you or your lifestyle. Figure out a way to change your habits without thinking you need an ALL or nothing approach (eg. don't just decide to cut out all carbs, or all fats, or whatever). Whatever changes you make should be things you can do for the rest of your life!

Find exercise that is fun for you if you can, that helps keep you motivated.

Create a modest deficit not a huge one, be patient, you can't lose all the weight over night. Don't freak out over scales (and avoid them entirely if possible)

Drink lots of water is a good idea, I find if I am restless I want to eat, but instead sip on water :)
  • LesleeAH
    Options

The End.

And be patient. I have seen far too many people post on the forums about how they're not seeing results after a short amount of time.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Try to enjoy it - seek out new foods and experiment with new recipes.
    Try new exercise regimes.
    Remember that everything is an estimate - everything you eat and everything you burn, so don't get obsessed about hitting the numbers bang on - allow a plus/minus 10% margin.
  • Isisa93
    Isisa93 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks your the only one who gave tips i did not KNOW :)
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options

The End.

This is an attempt to be helpful. But it is not. It is easier said then done.

It is hard to not eat calorie dense foods. Many of us are fighting against our brain chemistry that drives us to eat those foods. People who don't struggle to stop eating like a maniac do not understand. It is not that easy to just put down the fork.

The key to stopping the drive to eat calorie dense foods, carbs and large portions is multi-faceted.

We would be most helpful if we offered advice on HOW to consume fewer calories than you expend.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    These are the weight-loss tips that I'm doing and it's working miracles in my life (everyone is different and like life, one size does NOT and WILL fit all...so:

The Mental

Change my attitude about myself and life (people and situations) in general

1.) No one owes me nothing in this life and I don't owe anyone anything but to love them

2.) My weight and appearance (inside and out) is my choice-- No longer blaming or accusing or excuses my faults and failures on anyone other than myself--owning them (no matter how much it hurts or I can't see or understand the who's what's why's and how's of and when things don't go my way or "life" happens and it's out of my control--accepting that and moving ON) and doing the hard work that it's going to take to release and eliminate the negatives and accentuate the positives in my life--starting with my head (mind) my body (obvious) and heart and soul.

3.) No longer following the crowd, in looking for acceptance, approval (be it my new lifestyle and way of living) but being bold enough to stand alone if i have to and again to blaze my own trail from here on out, in love though. Honestly believing that I'm not any better than anyone else (but no worse either). No longer judging anyone but myself. Being a selfless person more instead of a spoiled, lazy, gluttonous selfish person. Those are HUGE steps for me in my weight-tips FOR MYSELF firstly and if these works for others, cool...if not--move along, nothing here to see :)

The Physical

Saying NO to the foods and things that have kept me in the grips of OBESITY and all the yuck that follows (inside and out)

NO to junk foods
    NO to coffee
    NO to sweets
    NO to artificial and chemical filled foods as much as earthly possible
    NO to Fatty empty calories food and drinks
    NO to soda and sugarly chemical drinks
    NO to dairy (as much as possible)
    NO to beef, pork and very little if any chicken and limited organic eggs
    NO to alcohol
    NO to eating out often
    NO to fatty desserts and things (no matter how "clean")
    NO to driving everywhere--instead walk or ride my bike more
    NO to daily listening and watching negative news and shows that beat down my spirit
    NO to staying up late and no getting enough sleep
    NO to selfishness with my time, attention and affections and YES to being a good mom, wife, friend and neighbor
    NO to listening to gossip and seeking out gossip and being a gossip myself

YES to organic fruits of all kinds
    YES to organic veggies of all kinds
    YES to exercise everyday...but nothing crazy
    YES to fresh air and sunshine every day walking some
    YES to preparing wholesome homemadfe yummy food
    YES to listening to classical music often
    YES to reading and watching uplifting things
    YES to loving myself and my family and friends more
    YES to sleeping at least 8 hours per day
    YES to cruelty free "clean" and natural and healthy foods of all kinds
    YES to portion control

YES to life, love, health and happiness! Yes!!!!!!!!!

Since I've been living like this, just this past month...I've lost 14 pounds, my bodyfat% has decreased more than 10+ percent (from 46+ to today 32% body fat and moving down as I reach my goal(s), I feel less stress and more energy living, thinking, doing and being this way and I'm GLAD.

Some no DOUBT will say... Poo on you, that's depriving yourself--well my answer is, honey, I've been over indulging in JUNK (physically, mentally and every other way) for too many years (okay, most of my long life) and if this doesn't sit well with you...it's okay...it's working for me and I'm working it! This is a NEW way of life for me and I LOVE IT!
    The irony. NO TO COFFEE, but you had coffee today. First step off the wagon......................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    In addition to what's already been mentioned, identify your trigger foods. For me, I include food I consider unhealthy in my diet as long as it's within my calorie goal, but there are certain foods that if I eat a little of, I either can't get myself to stop or I fall off the wagon for a really long time.

For those foods, I don't keep them in the house or if I'm out, I order just enough that I'll consume for that one meal.