What do you wear to workout?

I was just wondering, what is your workout clothes style or philosophy:

Are you:
* sweats and a t-shirt from your spouse/significant other/free from an event
* lululemon or bust
* whatever's clean, I don't care about my workout clothes, as long as I am comfy
* matching and coordinated from head to toe
* my gym clothes should reflect my personal style
* it's all about performance and durability for me, whatever wicks sweat and lasts the longest.
* I've been working hard so I need to show off

So which one are you and where do you get your workout clothing?

I used to be all about sweats and free t-shirts, but I have pretty much retired those since they aren't very cute, and I figure having fun workout clothes is a good way to stay motivated -- so I am between matching my personal style and performance and durability. Unfortunately, clothing makers do not need seem to think people who wear 14+ want cute workout clothing, so I need to search around for suitable stuff -- moisture wicking fabrics, fun colors and flattering shapes. My go-to stores at the moment are Gap, Old Navy, Target and H&M.

Replies

• Cacopeland
    Cacopeland Posts: 13 Member
    I was having a really hard time finding semi cute clothes and in a last ditch effort I went in Debs at the mall to see if they had any "fat girl sports bras." It just so happened that they didn't, but they DID have a whole rack of these cute racer back tank tops that were marked down to $2 each from the original $14... So I bought like 9 of them... my sportsbra shows a lil in the front where they are v-neck but it doesn't look bad, just kinda like when you wear a tank under a v-neck shirt...

As for pants, I found a few pairs of capri length workout pants at old navy on clearance as well... I honestly have 4 pairs of pants that I rotate depending on what I feel like doing that day. And they are mostly black, although one does have hot pink piping along the sides... I pair those with my plain hot pink and hot pink stripes tanks only :)

And my shoes are this obnoxious blue that matches nothing I own.... I hate them, but they were a gift, so they will have to work because, as you see from the amount of my workout clothes bought on clearance (100%) I am BROKE!
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    I guess I'm a mix. I wear my Nike pants and whatever clean shirt I can find that would be gym suitable. (not a button up or polo.)
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    * whatever's clean, I don't care about my workout clothes, as long as I am comfy

I honestly can't afford good workout clothes to work out at home when no one can see me and in a few weeks they will be to big. I have a few good sports bras and like 2 good pants I bought on clearance for walks around the neighborhood. I'd rather spend the money on good sneakers.
  • t3hsandy
    t3hsandy Posts: 54 Member
    I just get my moms paint stained pants, old sports bra, and a dirty t-shirt. I don't care how I look when I workout. It doesn't motivate me more or less. I'm gonna be sweating (smellin'), breathing heavy and red in the face. No outfit is gonna make that look purty.
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    I wear what ever I have that is clean and comfy. Usually, it's either knit capri's, sweats, or shorts, and a t-shirt. I'm not at the gym to pick up people, I'm there to change who I am.
  • Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    my boy short undies..with a sports bra.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    I wear running shorts (good ones, not cotton) for comfort, a good sports bra and a tshirt or tank.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    KimertRuns13_1 Posts: 702 Member
    * it's all about performance and durability for me, whatever wicks sweat and lasts the longest.
    *matchy.. lol I don't mean matchy from head to toe but mostly my shirt and headband always coordinate.
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member

^ i work out in my house & in my yard. i live around a bunch of senior citizens and my closest neighbor works through the week in another town, so no one to see me: therefore no one to impress lol
    (however, if i were going to work out with my fiance I would of course attempt to try to match and look pretty) but for the most part, its just whatevers handy and comfy.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    * matching and coordinated from head to toe
    * my gym clothes should reflect my personal style

I like to reward myself with buying a new tank or workout pants, kinda makes working out fun when you have a cute outfit to reflect the mood you are in :) Workout clothes are expensive thought, you will mainly find me looking on the clearance rack or sales. Alot of my workout clothes I've gotten at decent prices were not from sports stores...just gotta keep an eye out when looking at other stores too!
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    My boxer briefs.
  • cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    I recently acquired some hot pink and grey Reeboks that actually perfectly match the only pair of reebok track pants I own (grey with a hot pink detail on the sides) and was wearing a hot pink tank under my work shirt the other day, so I just left it on and went with the whole matchy-matchy look that annoys me so much usually. :D

Usually though, I'm whatever sweats i've acquired and a solid color tank top or baseball-related t-shirt. I'm a huge A's fan, so I have a ton of those shirts, so they're frequent if I can't find a tank easily.

I've recently discovered that my big ole butt fits into a size XL yoga pant from Danskin (sold at walmart, among other retailers) and they were only $14, so I grabbed one pair and might get a few more. they're SO comfy and very figure flattering. They actually go up to an XXL too, but I'm a 16-18 (down from a 26!) and the XL works for me!

I also bough a Danskin "high impact" sports bra from walmart - $13ish, and it really helps minimize the bouncing and jarring, I'm a 40D, so if you're on the smaller end of the bigger boobs- I'd recommend checking it out. (mine is the one with the grey mesh layer under the foam-ish cups. this combo seems to work really well.)
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    usually yoga pants/yoga capris and a plain t shirt or tank
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    LULU! I love my lulu!
  • Training bra, baggy underwear, socks, and running shoes. I work out alone at home, so!
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    I used to wear all cutoff tees... I cant wear sleeves very well at the gym, they crawl up my arms as I sweat then next thing I know, I am pulling it down because the collar starts choking me...

Now I'm all about my slubweight cotton racerback tanks with whatever bottoms for the activity of the day. (I threw the cutoffs away, I am not a teenage boy going to football practice lol)

I rotate between at least 5 sneakers for different workouts, so I guess I probably match sometimes, but it is not my goal; I sneak out for the gym about 5am most days so I rarely even see a mirror until I get there.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    My boxer briefs.
    i once walked in on my husband playing the xbox kinect doing some work out game and he was in nothing but his boxer briefs....i laughed hysterically, I even snorted.
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Whatever is clean, doesn't necessitate epilation and gets all the sweat away from my skin as fast as possible.
  • NNSSJSKR
    NNSSJSKR Posts: 30 Member
    I typcially wear a pair of my husbands old gym pants and one of my concert Ts... I do laundry a few times a week so its usually clean and right on the top of the pile. Since I see the same people at the gym 3-5 times a week I always wonder if they worry I am going to smell funny :) I have yet to notice anyone avoiding me though!
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    I do all my work outs at home. I wear comfortable shorts. I also wear two 7 inch wide neoprene waist bands, one at the hips and one over the upper stomach, makes me sweat more.. I just purchased a "Fitness gear" sauna suit, If your really looking to sweat, try one of these!