What do you wear to workout?

Options

Replies

• muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    For right now, I'm either working out in my living room or walking around the courtyard right outside my apartment. I'm basically in my pj's in the house...why worry about making another outfit to go in the wash, there's enough of that in my house with 2 kiddos, myself and my hubby....and when I'm walking outside, I'm in my jeans and whatever t-shirt I put on. I've let myself just about grow out of my wardrobe, and I'm too cheap (broke) to buy more clothes that aren't going to fit for very long anyway.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I used to wear ugly old gym shorts and big t-shirts but found it wasn't too fun to catch glimpses of myself in the mirror.

I've since switched to yoga pants or three quarter pants and prettier fitted tops.. nike/addidas and it makes a world of difference. It's all part of that "if you look good .. you feel good.. if you feel good.. you act good.."

I also have this amazing long sleeved nike running top that I wear all the time now.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It just took me AGES to find some new gym pants! :grumble:
    I have some baggy ish ones that I love for their pockets (great for running with iPod and not showing off my many curves!)

Decided I wanted to try RPM/Spinning and thought they wouldn't be the best as they may get caught in the bike so was looking for some long shorts (not at the place to show off very much flesh yet!) or some Capri style pants.

Did the 'squat test' in changing rooms and had to reject loads of pants as the went very see through (even in a size bigger)!! And don't really want to be flashing my backside to whatever poor soul is behind me :blushing:

Finally found some today 4 days and 9 shops later... :happy: bit tighter than I would have liked but best I can find.

As long as its comfy and does the job I'm happy, I didn't realise what hard work it would be (and don't even get me started on how many shops didn't have anything over a UK 12 :grumble: )
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Baggy, clean, comfy clothes. I'm going to get sweaty, so I don't care. If I had more confidence, I wouldn't mind looking cute, but then those girls who wear make-up to the gym come to mind, and I go back to not caring. :laugh: I work out at home or else go walking where no one knows me. Going to a gym would be a different story.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Lulu! Love the bottoms! Tops! You name it!
  • brittmiles07
    Options
    I usually wear black flared Danskin pants from Walmart or Danskin leggings (capri or full-length, depending on how recently I shaved my legs LOL) and a tank or t-shirt. I have 3-4 actual workout tanks with the built-in bra, but being a 36DD, I have to wear a very supportive sports bra also. I actually went to Goodwill and found like 10 decent looking women's t-shirts for around $20 altogether. They range from Calvin Klein to Faded Glory (Walmart brand) and they're nice and worn in, so very cooling when I'm doing cardio at the gym.
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like to look cute in my workout clothes.... I started at 231 and a size XXL and got my workout clothes at Target. Of course, they didn't look all that "cute" on in a size XXL but as I am losing I am starting to look cuter and cuter in them. When I hit 200 lbs (which I am 10 lbs away) I plan to go to ****'s sporting goods and pick out a few more pieces because I really enjoy having cute work out clothes, it motivates me. I also plan to buy some new running shoes. I have "mini goals" and "rewards" for when I hit those mini goals.
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I do exactly the same as DragonflyF15. I match, I try to find all my stuff on clearance and sales. That's how I reward myself during my weight loss journey and add incentive to keep going!
  • MsFat2Fit
    Options
    Always 3/4 black leggings (Adidas, Puma, Nike) and a sleeveless top (Adidas, Puma) with a good sportsbra (I'm 36DD).

On the way to the gym I might wear a hoodie.

Asics shoes.

Don't like 'normal' T-shirsts at all!!! I get quite many of those from my work but never use them, even in in the night time...
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    LULU! I love my lulu!

I second this, I'm a straight Lulu girl - right down to the sports bra.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Clothes
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Whatever's clean!

Usually a sports bra with tights and a shirt, I have some brand name ones (Puma, etc) but usually just buy $10 shirts from kmart.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Fitted T-shirts (not big baggy man's T-shirts, but girl Old Navy type T-shirts) and either baggy Target gym shorts, or I have like 2 pairs of tight black workout capris. I'm slowly transitioning to cute work out clothes. It'll be a while before I do tight pants and one of those tanks...
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I love Lulu, but Lulu doesn't really love girls with big girls, ya know? So because I do a lot of HIIT/HITT and a lot of plyo workouts, spend a lot of time crying from Jillian's workouts, and run a lot, I need something that stands up performance wise and supports.

I do love Lulu's capris and shorts and those are almost exclusively what I wear on the bottom - on the top I like a solid sports bra with a cute tank over top - I find that Joe Fresh (Superstore, whaaaaaaaat!) actually offers a lot of these, and at $7 a pop, you can't go wrong.

Anyone able to suggest a kick *kitten* sports bra would be in my good books forever! :)

How big are you? I am 36H-38G and I currently have Shock Absorber and Freya. They are working good for me. :)
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    to the gym or running... Yoga pants and old T shirts (you know the high school band/swim team ones) at home... I work out in jammies lol
  • BettyyRoss
    BettyyRoss Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym I wear some sweats and one of hubby's white tees.
    If I'm working out at home, I wear booty shorts and a training bra.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I wear sweats, sports bra and a regular plain t-shirt, mostly the ones you get free at some event or whatever. I don't try to look cute when I work out. I'm going to end up looking sweaty and I'm going to smell. What's the point of looking cute. I never understood that unless you just want to impress some guy at the gym. But loose sweats and a tee is my thing :)

Exactly this for me, but my pants are most Lucy and one pair of lulu that are great for biking
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    leggings, a sports bra, a tank, socks & shoes. I work out at home though.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Yoga bottoms, usually crops but I sometimes will wear my yoga pants if all the crops are dirty, sports bra over my normal underwire bra, cute tight tank, "invisible" socks, sneakers, MP3 player
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i'm usually a tshirt and gym shorts kind of gal. although i do enjoy tank tops too cause i'm a sweat bucket. i'd rather be comfy than look super cute.