What do you wear to workout?

Options

Replies

• hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I workout at home...I'll just let you use your imagination, eh?
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Since I work out at home, I wear yoga pants and an old bathing suit that is too old to wear in public. Nobody sees me so it does not matter, what matters is: its just so comfortable.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I wear men's cotton shorts (I like men's because they are longer and I don't have to worry about giving someone a peep show while on the machines or doing squats, etc) and a t-shirt in the winter months/tank top in the summer months. I am not at the gym to impress anyone nor am I there to be ogled. I want to be covered so I can focus on working out and not on showing off my "goods".
  • LPOutsider03
    Options
    I wear sweats, sports bra and a regular plain t-shirt, mostly the ones you get free at some event or whatever. I don't try to look cute when I work out. I'm going to end up looking sweaty and I'm going to smell. What's the point of looking cute. I never understood that unless you just want to impress some guy at the gym. But loose sweats and a tee is my thing :)
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I love Lulu, but Lulu doesn't really love girls with big girls, ya know? So because I do a lot of HIIT/HITT and a lot of plyo workouts, spend a lot of time crying from Jillian's workouts, and run a lot, I need something that stands up performance wise and supports.

I do love Lulu's capris and shorts and those are almost exclusively what I wear on the bottom - on the top I like a solid sports bra with a cute tank over top - I find that Joe Fresh (Superstore, whaaaaaaaat!) actually offers a lot of these, and at $7 a pop, you can't go wrong.

Anyone able to suggest a kick *kitten* sports bra would be in my good books forever! :)
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I work out in my living room. In the winter it is fleece pants and a sports bra...in the summer it is yoga pants and a sports bra...for whatever reason I hate having my legs uncovered when I work out. And yes, the fleece pants are warm in the winter but it is what I wear after the kids go to bed...and hell if I am gonna change twice.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Usually sweats. Long sleeve to boot. Nothing fancy just some good old sweats.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My boxer briefs.

glad to hear it! :laugh:
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Cute clothes
    Fitted bottoms
    fitted undershirt the kind with bra in them
    A looser top
    A cute cap
    cute socks..

I don't believe in looking rough when I step outside my doors..cute outside means cute inside.
  • andreacord
    Options
    Yoga pants usually and a tank top with a teeshirt. My sports bras aren't padded so stuff is "showing" through my shirt, otherwise it'd just be yoga pants and a tank with sports bras.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Old brown t shirt from the army and a pair of black running shorts. I had three warnings after wearing my borat singlet.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I wear Lorna Jane sports tights 3/4 leg or just over the knee and I have a few 'gym' tops - all the light running material ones that don't show sweat and that dry quickly & breathe really well. I also wear the racer singlet tops with the support bras already in them and I have lots of bright & pretty sport bras that I wear under all my clothes. I have great quality Asics shoes that are the only brand that are supported by the Australian Sports Medicine Association. Nothing matches perfectly, but usually black or dark navy bottoms and a mix of tops (blue, orange, pink, grey, black).
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I workout at home so it depends on the day.

Cardio I usually go light-whatever. Back days I do long pants to avoid kill-age of legs during deadlifts, Leg day I go long t-shirt to protect me from knurl on back/chest from squats, shoulders whatever, and chest I like to go tank/wife beater top, making sure i contract my muscles.

I sometimes coordinate, not that it matters at home, Sometimes I will wake up, eat lounge and proceed to workout in my pyjamas - just cause, lmao - but then they go in the laundry, no worries on that.

If i'm going outdoors to run I take SOME pride in my appearance, like clothes as opposed to pjs. Sometimes matching.. Why not.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I work out in my living room. In the winter it is fleece pants and a sports bra...in the summer it is yoga pants and a sports bra...for whatever reason I hate having my legs uncovered when I work out. And yes, the fleece pants are warm in the winter but it is what I wear after the kids go to bed...and hell if I am gonna change twice.

this... omg lol, exactly this
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Old brown t shirt from the army and a pair of black running shorts. I had three warnings after wearing my borat singlet.

No way. Who would ever caution a man wearing a Borat singlet? The nerve!
  • VodkaSalad37
    VodkaSalad37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have three sports bras with maximum support. I either wear yoga pants or leggings and a tank top or hoodie.

I want to be cute when I work out so I feel cute and I want to do it more- If I look gross and frumpy, then I feel that way and I don't want to exercise and be gross.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I have a thing about clothing being loose and getting in the way of movement... very annoying to me (I can't even stand it in the bed at night so I'm usually in the buff... just can't stand stuff twisting around me), so I'll usually wear form fitting but stretchy stuff... tank tops, yoga pants, shorts... whatever it is has to fit and not be loose, and must be stretchy to move with me. That's what I feel best in. Or just my underwear. I work out at home.

And it doesn't have to match or look "cute" but that's nice when it does. If I'm running/walking outside I think about being a little bit more modest and not wearing anything totally skin tight.
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Shorts and any tee that I wouldn't wear in public. I'm alone in the basement, so who cares.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    form fitting workout pants and one of my husband old *kitten* Marine Corps shirts. Have ot have a Marines hoodie of shirt to keep me motivated but I prefer my pants tighter so they don't fall down and I can watch my motions better, thats why I wear a baggy shirt because I don't need to show off my body at the gym, just in the bedroom, lmao, but if I was single, it would be the first place I would show my body off
  • onegoalabs
    Options
    I wear some cute Asics trail running shoes, some fabulous Nike shorts (which in fact may be swim trunks but I'm not sure), and a kind of fitted T-Shirt. I used to wear a baggy T-Shirt but it didn't show any of my curves. :)