5 Things never to eat

Options
124»

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Am I the only one who saw "huffington post" and decided it was not worth opening?

Yup! Always some good science and peer reviewed literature in there
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    This a terrible article. Dealing in absolutes just sets people up for failure. Unless there is a medical reason a person needs to avoid something (i.e. - my father has celiac disease and cannot have *any* wheat), moderation is much smarter.

Eating an occasional grilled cheese sandwich on nice, soft, fluffy white bread or a piece of fried chicken isn't going to hurt you. Just don't do it every single day.

^^^^
    This.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who saw "huffington post" and decided it was not worth opening?

Yup! Always some good science and peer reviewed literature in there

Good point.
  • josannee
    josannee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Jasmine Brown Rice from Trader Joes is amazing, it fills the whole house with an amazing fragrance. I put it in stil fry, soups and so on... My husband is Chinese and he has learned to LOVE it. We cook it up in a rice cooker and save some for the week, I make Mexican rice out of it and it's not the same, but its tasty ! When when you cook healthier than the restaurants, you need to embrace the trade off for health and nurturing our bodies instead of indulgening which is ok once in awhile, but we choose to pick nuturing over indulging as much as possible.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    c37a2929ec1e7406cd870ec3fc645740.jpg
  • cal1973
    cal1973 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I tried replacing sugar with fruit, doesn't taste very nice floating around in my cup of coffee though!!!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    You will have to pry the sugar from my cold, dead hands. Much like the coffee.
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I really don't like the huffington post! I think it is full of crap and all or nothing psudo science! Still I do like to read some of these articles because it reminds me that life is so much more complicated than these types like you to believe!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I agree except for that word "never".
    How about 5 foods in extreme moderation?

There is nothing I am willing to just give up totally. Forget that.

Completely agree! Certain foods definitely need to be eaten in moderation, but you need to live a little as well...

I am all about the 3 M's of fitness...

MODERATION, MOTIVATION, and MOVEMENT!
    That's good.
    The food Nazi's would still snivel and moan while stomping their feet.:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I sometimes just pity that gloomy lot.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    The more they tell me to never eat something, the more I want to prove it is possible to get healthy while still eating those things. Now I must go, I have white pasta with white rice with white bread with sugar on top to eat.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    The more they tell me to never eat something, the more I want to prove it is possible to get healthy while still eating those things. Now I must go, I have white pasta with white rice with white bread with sugar on top to eat.

I've probably had every single item on that list in the last week.