Over fifty and fabulous :)

Options
124»

Replies

• Carmph
    Carmph Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi just joined tonight, actually my daughter signed me up..lol..I am 51 , 5 kids, one live in mom a husband and a dog, menopause stuff not being kind, need some inspiration, need to get off meds and get back to gym...my knees hurt..:(
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'll be 52 in August. Add me if you like the more friends the more support.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 50 in Jan : )
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am forty seven and if you saw me in my Zumba class you would think I was 60. I forget the moves and I sometimes yawn during the hour session. lol
  • ResetJen
    ResetJen Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi Pauline, I'm 51 and have been here since early March 2012. Haven't yet been through menopause and dammit TOM is still as regular as the clock. If you are still looking for over 50s friends, feel free to add me.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just turned 50. In fact I am 50 and 11 days.
    Please add me...I agree there are certain things that happen to our body at this age
    that never happened when I was in my 20's or 30's and only really started when
    I got to be around in my 40's. LOL
  • paw247Pat
    paw247Pat Posts: 30
    Options
    Pauline, I would be happy to be your friend!! Send me a request. I am over 50...way over 50! Actually 61, and you are right we face different issues and challenges in our journey to loose weight and be healthy. I have some other pals that are in the over 50 group and its so nice to have that bond. hope to see you on my home page!
  • paw247Pat
    Options
    hey..hey there!! I am 61, do Zumba and pretty well i might add, can still shake it and do NOT yawn through it. Just kidding, but there are a few of us "grannies" out here that are still alive and kickin and enjoying every minute of it!!

Meant as a reply to jjnt007
  • paw247Pat
    Options
    I am forty seven and if you saw me in my Zumba class you would think I was 60. I forget the moves and I sometimes yawn during the hour session. lol

paw247

Joined Mar 2012

Tue 04/17/12 10:21 PM

hey..hey there!! I am 61, do Zumba and pretty well i might add, can still shake it and do NOT yawn through it. Just kidding, but there are a few of us "grannies" out here that are still alive and kickin and enjoying every minute of it!!
    Edited by paw247 on Tue 04/17/12 10:23 PM
  • iardella
    iardella Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,
    I'll be 60 in about 10 days!! Not too excited about that(:
    I'm trying to lose 20-25 lbs. and tone up.

There was a time when I ran 5 miles a day and worked out at the gym for an hour 4 - 5 days a week.

Well. my knees will not allow me to run anymore so I try to walk at least 4 -6 miles when I can and do a kettlebell workout at home when I have the energy after work.

It just seems no matter how little I eat and how much I try to walk I am at a standstill which gets very discouraging!
    Any suggestions :-) :smile:
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hello Pauline,

Welcome to MFP, I will be 58 this year though I am trying to ignore that fact. . . . . . and I live in Australia, I have lost over 20lbs and really happy with MFP if you have a smart phone the add the free app it comes in very useful. Feel free to add me too.

Nette
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I did what you said and the search revealed nothing. :ohwell:

^ This :noway:
    Not sure what I did wrong. LOL
  • Carmph
    Carmph Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi just joined,,you took the words right out of my life...I am 51 ...hormones are reeking havoc!
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I did what you said and the search revealed nothing. :ohwell:

Same thing happened to me too
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and have plenty of experience with hormones, excess hormones, lack of hormones, hormone replacement, hormone balancing, etc. It's um... fun! Right??? LOL
  • perminderjit
    Options
    Hi I am over fifty and recently joined and need all the encouragment I can get to keep me on track .
  • judy1157
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Judy, just restarted today since I regained everything I took off last year (15-20#) . How does that happen? Could use friends to help me on my ( difficult) journey and keep it off this time. Please add me as a friend, cuz the more the merrier !!!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    If any of you youngsters want to add a 60 year old, feel free. ;-)
  • janewilldoit
    Options
    ADD ME !!

I am 57 love kids gardens animals !! I Don't love as much trying to lose weight and still going through menapause. I log every day and committed to MFP.

.Jane
  • aniya1957
    aniya1957 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi there my name is beatrice. im with you all the way .im new to this as well im 56 and i feel all your problems. feel free to add me as well.