MEAT MEAT MEAT, WHO LOVES MEAT!!!!!

Options

Replies

• AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Grilling up some of this today...

cz-07?defaultImage=placeholder_300x300&$medium_300$

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMueEZu1PS16hNV-DCFSvhHtRmHGT-sv_VTzosprglev9oSfy1qNEMBFzmCw
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    you start with it in one pieces then as it cooks up just break it up into flakes, like a hash, then you'll know when the salmon is cooked (when you buy a piece of fresh salmon you'll know what I mean) as cooked salmon is a different shade of pink to when raw. I cook it this way for the reason you asked, I want to know it's fully cooked. :wink:
    ok, thanks. I'm not big on food presentation as long as it tastes good. I'll give it a try.
  • Pebbles536
    Options
    Why would you want to live with out meat. STEAK! YUM. I could eat a steak every day.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I don't care how they kill it. honestly, I've seen the video footage & heard all the arguments about how cruel it is but food is food to me. We kill our own chickens & fish when in Asia, even the most humane ways (humane, funny choice of words when killing an animal huh?) is still not pleasant but it's a means to an ends. I don't eat anything I'm not willing to at least take part in the death of. When shopping here in UK I do it on a tight budget, usually 3 for 10 quid offers, I don't fool myself into thinking this is prime, free range, ethically & organically reared meat, if I could afford the nicer stuff I might go for it but who knows, I can't afford it & have a family to feed, so buy what is in my budget.

Meat, for us, is essential, we all like to eat it & I personally believe it has essential nutritional value.

I'm not a big fan of beef but that's more to do with texture but poultry, game, pork & any kid of sea creature is fair game.
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    I don't care how they kill it. honestly, I've seen the video footage & heard all the arguments about how cruel it is but food is food to me. We kill our own chickens & fish when in Asia, even the most humane ways (humane, funny choice of words when killing an animal huh?) is still not pleasant but it's a means to an ends. I don't eat anything I'm not willing to at least take part in the death of. When shopping here in UK I do it on a tight budget, usually 3 for 10 quid offers, I don't fool myself into thinking this is prime, free range, ethically & organically reared meat, if I could afford the nicer stuff I might go for it but who knows, I can't afford it & have a family to feed, so buy what is in my budget.

Exactly where I am. I'd love to do all organic and humane but just can't afford it.
  • devilsangel2
    devilsangel2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I could live without meat, but I would be hoping for a quick death :tongue:
  • Ginger4real
    Options
    ME ...I basically live on it ...
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Vegetarian here, and not afraid to show my pics. Walker, weight trainer, non-smoker, healthier than a living horse. :bigsmile:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I love love love meat! X
  • ashtonalayna
    Options
    There's nothing better than a perfectly medium well grilled steak! My husband maked the best steaks in town. Yummy yummmy makes me hungry jus thinking about it!
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    I didn't work my way to the top of the food chain to eat sprouts.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I learned today we are NOT top of the food chain. The bugs that eat our skin are. Or something of that nature. Good to know! ;)
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    To OP: when cooking fish best way to tell that it's done is when it flakes apart very easily with a fork.

Well, unless you're cooking something like a tuna steak...quite nasty when overcooked! :grumble:
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    media-28030-98257.jpg

LOL, couldn't resist. NOW I'm sexy. Except for the part that looks like I was putting on lipstick during a seizure...which was most likely caused by EATING MEAT!!!!

M'kay...you're beating out Bear for the man eating raw meat being sexy. And that ain't easy to do! :blushing:
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I DOOOO!! Pork, Turkey and chicken mainly, but occasional rabbit (my mum's cook it sometimes) and lamb (occassional in Indian meals), not so fond of mince beef, but it's the best for bolognaise salsa or chilli con carne :D
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here, and not afraid to show my pics. Walker, weight trainer, non-smoker, healthier than a living horse. :bigsmile:

I think this is the wrong forum for you, it reads: "people who loves meat". I'm probably healthier than you because I eat a balanced diet full of nutrients like Omega 3, from salmon which you can't get otherwise. I do my occassional smoking too, but not addicted to it, but people who smoke create a film on their lungs which in case of a fire are more likely to survive because their lungs are more able to cope with the smoke, same goes for people that work in the mines.
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Love my meat. I eat it for lunch and dinner. I definitely can go without if I want, but I don't so meat it is!

I usually eat a lot of beef and pork but since I started dieting I eat mainly chicken and fish. My favorites are tilapia, tuna (not canned), salmon (also not canned), and shrimp. Mmmmmm....shrimp :)

Gorton's makes a fabulous garlic and herb shrimp for a quick and easy meal when you don't have the time to do it yourself

And OP: cooking fish is a lot like cooking other meat. It just absorbs flavor better so you don't need as much, it doesn't take nearly as long to cook - grilled, baked, steamed, broiled...and it is lower in calories and fat, so I eat it more regularly than other meat.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I eat salmon for breakfast chicken for lunch and mutton for dinner... Yummy!!!
    No pork or beef due to religious beliefs, but have eaten lamb, goat, horse, camel, elk, deer, chicken, turkey, quail, pheasant, duck, salmon, trout, tilapia, snapper, halibut, many other fish, shrimp, muscles (ummmmm all kinds lol) oysters, clams, craw fish, lobster, squid and octopus. I am sure there are more that I am not thinking of at the moment.

I do not have any health problems at all and no mood swings or anger issues either. I :heart: my life, my family and all the animals that feed me and my family.
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    LOL, my friend list has shrunk by one. That's what is so great about the vegan/vegetarian/ORLB/extreme leftists in this country. They claim to be openminded and "progressive". That is until you disagree with them or say something they don't like.
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    the only problem is when people force their opinions that everyone's panties get tied in knots... I wouldnt sweat it. tomato or tomato dogs or *kitten* black or white. who cares. lol