why do people add you but don't even say hi?

Options
124»

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I only delete friends when they stop logging in.
    That's a biggie with me.

Same here! If they haven't logged in for 2+ weeks I delete them. I did however have to delete the 65+yr old guy who wanted to send me nude photos... actually I blocked him!!! LOL

Watch the person hasn't gone away on holiday or something for two weeks though, that might be the only reason they hadn't logged in.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I accept their requests without saying anything but I try to respond to them as much as I can but sometimes the busy schedule gets in the way. You see I log my calories intake even at work so therefore I cannot respond to all my friend's posts since I'm working at the same time & I'm lucky to even respond to 5 posts. Usually I do this when I'm home. Note that I live in the other side of the world & time differences is also the problem.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I've only ever added one person as I found their posts and profile funny. I have deleted one man as he seemed a bit pervy.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Same reason as facebook. I dont add people at all, but will accept all requests. My reasoning is if you like my posts, what I have to say, etc, add me. If not, then thats perfectly fine
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I just think it silly not to....especially whent he big box is there like" Leave a message PLEASE' before you send the request!! LOL....:laugh: :laugh:
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I have no clue. If i speak and they don't bother to reply they usually get deleted.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Good question! Delete 'em :wink:

^^ this
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I should be more strict with my list, I usually accept them all and only delete if they haven't been on in a couple weeks. In the 90s and talk to 1 daily...lol I do interact with a lot via status updates. I'll probably start deleting the ones that post their stuff but never reply to others.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Probably to look at pics???
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Maybe I'm nuts, but I also expect a little interaction now and then. Don't bother adding me to your collection of hundreds of friends you never take time to comment on my food or exercise diary. I delete quite frequently.

well said..
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    More importantly..I start supporting them and then never hear a peep back from them. That's when delete comes in handy. I don't know, maybe it's expecting too much but I like to be supported, too. Also, I added on my profile that I'd like a message with the request...and 9 times out of 10 there's no message...which means they haven't even looked at my profile to see what I'm about...just the picture. Just keep up with your current friends that are supportive...easier to maintain that way :)
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    What's up with the people who send invites, you read their profile, shoot them a PM saying Hi and maybe commenting on something that caught your eye in their profile for small talk, but they open the PM and never respond.

Makes me feel like some creep and I wasn't even the one requesting the friendship lol (Has happened 4-5 times already)
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Yuh kinda weird. I have 17 friends but only talk to 2. XD

then you have 2 freinds..
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    What's up with the people who send invites, you read their profile, shoot them a PM saying Hi and maybe commenting on something that caught your eye in their profile for small talk, but they open the PM and never respond.

Makes me feel like some creep and I wasn't even the one requesting the friendship lol (Has happened 4-5 times already)

:laugh:
  • 1FitMom326
    Options
    Maybe I'm nuts, but I also expect a little interaction now and then. Don't bother adding me to your collection of hundreds of friends you never take time to comment on my food or exercise diary. I delete quite frequently.

I am with you there, if you send a request it is nice to correspond occassionally. I don't need hundreds of friends, just some that share the same goals and would like to support one another.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    As to why I delete them when they don't ever say hi. But there is an exception to a few that never say hi like at all and I've said hi several times and just stop... But I keep them for knowledge of health reasons. They can delete me if they want lol.

:)
  • tfancey
    tfancey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those forgetful frienders... I try but I always click the invite without the message, even if I'm well-intentioned!
    I try though, I appreciate my friends.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda new to the friends on MFP thing. Still learning the ropes :smile: But I like having friends here! It's inspiring. I'll try to say more :flowerforyou:
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    i don't mind being added, but would expect a courtesy message saying hi and why someone added me. Would be nice right?

I don't send a message. I'll comment on your updates from time to time, but I'm def not going to send you a message just to say hi.

You should get over it.