do you include fruit calories?

Options
I never do as it's never been required in any other diet I did (Slimming World and Weight Watchers). I rarely eat a banana (maybe twice a week if that) so I don't even include that. If I did include my daily fruit, i'd prob be adding 200-300 calories a day to my diary!

Just wondered what others do.

Replies

• discodave63
    discodave63 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i include my fruit because i eat quite a bit
  • DinaRobin
    DinaRobin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes and veg. With fruit it's good to see just how much sugars they contain. I know it's natural sugar, but it can build up fast. I try to stick to 2 portions per day max. With veg it's great to see just how little calories most have! I like to have a veg snack, a salad/ veg side at lunch and half a plate of veg at dinner so probably 5 of my 5 per day! Variety is key I think - and colour mix!
  • Dianne425
    Options
    Be certain to include anything that you eat or drink....helps keep us more aware of what we are doing. All calories count toward your daily intake.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    of course. why wouldn't you?
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    If I did include my daily fruit, i'd prob be adding 200-300 calories a day to my diary!

Calories are calories. Fruit would be a better choice than a candy bar, but since they can both be calorie rich, I log them. I mean, you are eating those calories, whether you log it or not, your body keeps track.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I used to not add them & recently started. I didn't realize how many calories in fruit I was eating. I had a bigger loss (3 lbs) in the one week I started logging fruits.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I include everything. Plus I'm also keeping an eye on sugars and carbs, and fruit is quite high in both of those.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Yes.....log everything you eat and drink!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I log everything that goes in my mouth.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    yes it's food.... it has calories.. Why wouldn't u log it???
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If I did include my daily fruit, i'd prob be adding 200-300 calories a day to my diary!

Calories are calories. Fruit would be a better choice than a candy bar, but since they can both be calorie rich, I log them. I mean, you are eating those calories, whether you log it or not, your body keeps track.

Ditto!
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Fruit has calories, I log it all. Just the same with veggies and anything else I eat.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I never do as it's never been required in any other diet I did (Slimming World and Weight Watchers). I rarely eat a banana (maybe twice a week if that) so I don't even include that. If I did include my daily fruit, i'd prob be adding 200-300 calories a day to my diary!

Fruit contains calories, therefore I include it. Some days I might eat five pieces at 70 calories each = 350 calories. If I did not log it, it would take me way over my daily allotment.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Yes. I get at least a third of my calories from fruit so it would be crazy not to.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I do! Along with drinks, condiments, etc. If it has a calorie in it, I'm logging it!
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yep you have to log everything - how else will you know exactly what you're putting in your body? MFP is fab but you must
    be as accurate as possible for it to work.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I log EVERYTHING that has calories no matter what.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i log everything. even gum and cough drops.
  • MalibuBeth
    MalibuBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'll never forget this show that i watched on TLC (mainly because the program administrator was really cute) but still... He said he had a patient that didn't understand how they could be overweight. He said he loved oranges, he'd eat oranges all day every day. And Cute Administrator Guy was like "look, oranges may be good for you, but if you eat 100 of anything, it's going to make you gain weight."

i would log the fruit.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Be certain to include anything that you eat or drink....helps keep us more aware of what we are doing. All calories count toward your daily intake.

agree