When did people start to notice weight loss

Options
I have lost 20lbs and no one has noticed

Replies

• SLRamirez2012
    Options
    I think it depends where you lose it. My mom said I started looking good and my stomach was getting smaller when I had lost 10lbs. Do you wear sup[er baggy clothes all the time? People may not be able to see it? *hugs* 20 lbs is GREAT!
  • jaynemaria
    jaynemaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I know just where your coming from, I have lost 11 ib so far and asked y husband this morning if he could see the difference and he said no!!!:mad:
  • arr0528
    arr0528 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think the most important thing is that you notice!! You know that you are losing weight and getting healthy!!! They will notice eventually or maybe they do notice but don't want to offend you by asking if you lost weight. Some people think well I didn't know I looked overweight! No worries girl, you got this!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I really think it depends on how much you have to lose. I decided when I started losing that I wasn't going to tell anyone I was on a "diet." I just did my thing. It took a good 40 pounds before anyone noticed. After that first 40 it really started to show with each 10 pound loss. Now that I'm about 15 from goal things are still shifting and I get a lot of comments.

You're doing great. Hang in there.
  • trainorgirl
    Options
    Remember that not everyone:

a)is paying attention to your weight or how you look
    b)may not comment because weight is a touchy subject
    c)you maybe wearing closes that are concealing your weight loss!!! if you pranced around in a swimsuit everyday people may notice
    d)why do you need people to notice.. are you doing it for them or for you???
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The other day I told my husband that a friend had commented on my weight loss, he said it is hard for him to tell cause he sees me every day and it is so gradual, so I don't really go by what he says lol
  • noiva
    noiva Posts: 94
    Options
    I have gotten a few comments that my face looks thinner, but you can't really tell anywhere else. Unfortunately when you have a lot to lose, it takes a little longer to show! Some people lose in one place faster, and others may lose all over. Maybe you're an all-over kind of loser and it's harder to tell. ;)
  • Ajones33
    Options
    It's funny..for myself other people we're noticing a difference but I wasn't! Until this past Saturday...I was getting ready for a date and checking myself out in the mirror getting ready gave me a huge confidence boost, I felt amazing! I did my weekly weigh in the next day and saw that I had lost 3 more pounds!

It took about month to notice for myself. Have you changed your wardrobe? try a new outfit, it may show your new body off!
    I would definitely agree with the comment that what matters is you notice. But it is nice to hear but if you feel great and happy about your body people will notice. Some people just don't bring it up because they know most women are self conscious. For myself, I have a hard time taking compliments..I get shy.
  • wannagofast27
    Options
    I don't know, but I sure wish they would start :(
    Particulary that one person, ya know what i mean?
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    People didn't start to notice my weight loss until about the 30 pound mark, but GREAT job, and keep up the good work!
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Supposedly you will notice the loss first, then it will take a few more pounds before your family will notice, then it takes even more before other people will see it. It also depends on how much you have to loose, and where it comes off quickest for you.

Either way 20lbs is GREAT!! Good job!
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    20 lbs is awesome!!! Congrats!! I agree if people see you every day than it is harder for them to see the gradual changes. But they will soon notice. Congrats again!!:flowerforyou:

8291465.png
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Some people are afraid to make comments about weight. They might think something is medically wrong causing you to lose weight or possibly stressed. My friends and co-workers knew I was doing this so they did make comments after I had lost about 15 pounds. I also started wearing clothes that were not a loose fitting so it was noticed more.
    My family was over for Christmas, some I had not seen in a year and they did not say a word. I was a little surprised they did not say anything. Please don't let it bother you, people will start to notice and make comments.
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Some have noticed me looking slimmer in the face. Things are fitting better and I have gotten a few compliments without having to hint or prompt anyone.
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Remember that not everyone:

a)is paying attention to your weight or how you look
    b)may not comment because weight is a touchy subject
    c)you maybe wearing closes that are concealing your weight loss!!! if you pranced around in a swimsuit everyday people may notice
    d)why do you need people to notice.. are you doing it for them or for you???

A & D, closely followed by C & B
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My sister never says anything about my weight. It does hurt and I completely understand. Wish they could just say wow you look great, but no comments does drag you down. We are all here for you and know what a great accomplishment it is to lose that much weight!!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    People back home doesn't notice because I was completely thin (135 lbs) at the time and so at 176 people don't see that I lost weight from 195 lbs (my heaviest), but if I were to go back to 135 then I'm sure they would notice that I lost all the weight. My family notices it a little bit though. I'm in college so basically the people that know me here only knew me when I was at my heaviest and never knew how thin I was prior to going to college so they don't see it anyways.

I can tell only because I look back at this one picture I took in 2010 at 195 lbs and today I'm in the low 170s and there is definitely a difference.
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Options
    It does depend on how much you have to lose to begin with. For me, only people who see me every few weeks or months noticed. My mother-in-law, mom, and sister first noticed around 8-10 lbs, but only one woman at work has said that I looked like I had slimmed down. I had just hit the 15 pound mark (my pants were hanging on me). Otherwise, no one else has said anything. I really think the amount of time between visits makes a huge difference as does someone's comfort level with bringing up a woman's weight to begin with.

I agree with the others here -- if you notice, that's all that's important. I find myself walking around work with more confidence than I had before knowing I have a slimmer body and smaller clothes. It's like a fun secret that only I know. :-)
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting topic for me. I haven't told a single person that I work with or any of my friends what I am doing. My family knows of course because of the drastic change in lifestyle it is for me. I am down 8 pounds and I see or feel no different. However, the other day a co-worker asked if there was something different about me and if I had lost some weight. I just smiled and said "I don't think so". I would rather keep them guessing. Granted I am only down 8 pounds but when you look at a picture of a pound of fat and figure that used to be in my body times eight it is a pretty great feeling.

I am not going to focus on the changes in appearance at this point as I am the changes in my health. Already I can go up and down a flight of stairs without being winded. I have more energy than I have had in months and I feel different. Twenty pounds is AMAZING! I can't wait until I hit that mark.
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    Take a few pics of your self from the back, side and front and then take another series of pics a few weeks later once you have a few weeks of pics like a month or so then do a side by side with the pics showing your weight loss you will then see a difference when you look at the changes together. I did this and I see more of a difference in my photos then I see my self when I look in the mirror.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!