Steak....bad?

Options

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Like you said, you fit it into your calories for the day! Great source of protein and iron! YUM!
  • lala26105
    Options
    we have steak every 3 to 6 months and only reason why isbecause it takes for ever to digest and it rots in your insides before it does!!!! how gross is that
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm....now I want some steak!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Grilling Venison steaks for lunch right now!! Nom nom nom
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    we have steak every 3 to 6 months and only reason why isbecause it takes for ever to digest and it rots in your insides before it does!!!! how gross is that

This is absolutely false.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    what? steak is bad? I think it gets a bad rap when someone is a "meat and potatoes" person who literally eats red meat almost every day. we probably only have beef once every 2 to 3 weeks. Enjoy it.

What would be the negative effects of eating read meat 5x per week?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    People have been brainwashed to believe steak (meat)is bad, but you can't blame them, that's all they've heard all their lives.
    yup

I sort of do blame them though. They can read, can't they?
    I don't blame them simply because meat generally has both saturated fat and cholesterol in it, so to be onboard about the consumption of meat you need to understand both of these ingredients as it pertains to health, and that info, or the complete picture, your not going to find on the 1st page of google.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

May I see your source please?
  • ashtonalayna
    Options
    Hhmmmm if steak is bad than I'm in trouble. It has never affected my weight loss and we eat it an average of one a week or so.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

I really need to get my hands on some venison, I had some venison sausage before and it was awesome.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options

That's a myth.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    LOL..............of course it does....meat bypasses all bodily function pertaining to digestion and rots and makes people sick and they die of agonizing deaths. I'm just kidding in case you actually believe what I'm saying, which based on your post is probably a good bet.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Steak is great! Especially wrapped in bacon...
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    That's, well... crap. Please do not post this fear-mongering crap without valid sources of data.

According to Chau Che MD, with New York University:

"Despite evidence to the contrary, the idea that colon cleansing is therapeutic by removing impurities, lives on. However, these claims largely fail to consider normal physiology. The digestive tract has inherent properties that work to clean our colon. After food ingestion, the small intestine absorbs nutrients and contracts to move indigestible residue into the colon. The colon continues the digestive process by absorbing and secreting electrolytes and fluids while its resident bacteria ferments the undigested food products. These are just some of the many mechanisms in which the digestive tract works in order to ensure that the colon does not become encrusted with fecal matter as some products claim. The black, rubbery material passed on a colon cleanse is actually a byproduct from the supplements and fiber in the colon cleansing product as opposed to old fecal material, in which consumers are led to believe."

http://www.clinicalcorrelations.org/?p=1605
    Reviewed by Michael Poles MD and Fritz Francois MD, NYU Division of Gastroenterology
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

I would like to be invited to lunch, please. :smile:
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I like to eat more whole foods. Except for my Trader Joe's frozen meals for lunches but they have more real ingredients than most. I personally do not think that lean meat (red or otherwise) is all that bad for you. You still should watch fat content and all of that but nothing in excess is good. And red meat has been linked to heart issues but having steak once in a while is not a bad thing.
  • StepBoomer
    StepBoomer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    live love life! = steak!!. i love it. a staple of my diet...
    watch fathead.. change ur mind on alot....
  • StepBoomer
    StepBoomer Posts: 23 Member
    Options

May I see your source please?

come on.. for real.. souces please.... that is not true... fact!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

This is absolutely false.
    Seriously people.....how can someone believe this is true?

edit...I just googled this, and surprise, surprise...Dr. Oz and Oprah said its true. Just like apple juice is poisioning your children with arsenic. This guy is the king of misleading information.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    You're getting steak and gum mixed up and if you break a mirror you have seven years bad luck unless you throw a salt shaker at somebody