Model With 20 inch Waist

Options

Replies

• leanmachinedream
    Options
    I don't get how it's ok to be disgustingly, unacceptably skinny and be a model, but you can't be overweight and be a model (I mean obviously other than plus sized). Isnt' it just as "wrong"?

Clothes look better on a hanger. That's it.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Check out this lady on the Tyra show - she is not underweight/skinny at all, but she has reduced her waist down to 15" through years and years of strict corset ting - not what I would personally choose for myself but really kind of amazing:
    http://wn.com/Cathie_Jung__The_Corset_Queen
    I just hope it doesn't cause any serious health issues. Women that wear these tight corsets seem to really love it so I hope it works out well for them so they can continue to enjoy it.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

I think she's actually quite beautiful in these pictures. Her frame is obviously naturally smaller, so she doesn't look strange to me having such a tiny waist. But for me to have that small of a waist, I think I would look silly. hehe. Just my own opinion though. :)
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Notice she has difficulty talking. Must not be able to take full breaths or something.
    Check out this lady on the Tyra show - she is not underweight/skinny at all, but she has reduced her waist down to 15" through years and years of strict corset ting - not what I would personally choose for myself but really kind of amazing:
    I just hope it doesn't cause any serious health issues. Women that wear these tight corsets seem to really love it so I hope it works out well for them so they can continue to enjoy it.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Notice she has difficulty talking. Must not be able to take full breaths or something.

I'm sure she can't breathe deeply, they mention that she has to eat small meals too, but I think part of what you're noticing is probably also nervousness, which is understandable when you see the reactions/looks from the audience. But yeah they show X-rays from before the corset ting and then with the corset on and it's quite obvious how things have had to move.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    She must have a rib deformity. Apparently Elizabeth I had a 17 inch waist.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Yikes! That's all I got, just YIKES!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Having looked at more pictures of her, her waist must be 20 inches without the corset. I don't think she looks any freakier than someone with fake round unnatural boobs.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Can you imagine what she looks like naked? Poor girl.

^^ I agree gotta be horrid I feel for the guy who thinks it's sexy, she looks like an wasp according to a guy friend of mine, I put up this link on my facebook page because it was so crazy!!
    I am happy with my 27 1/2" waist now after seeing this!
  • Sarahbara76
    Options
    Can you imagine what she looks like naked? Poor girl.

^^ I agree gotta be horrid I feel for the guy who thinks it's sexy, she looks like an wasp according to a guy friend of mine, I put up this link on my facebook page because it was so crazy!!
    I am happy with my 27 1/2" waist now after seeing this!

I know a lot of you are saying this is mean of me but I just don't find it attractive , I am sorry overweight is sad and so is underweight and she can't help it but I wouldn't want to look this way or be with someone this thin and find it sexy, I am a fixer personality type and I would not rest until I found something to help her out. But I would still treat her kindly , just with concern..
  • Sarahbara76
    Options
    http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/what_extreme_corsetry_does_to_the_human_body

what happens to organs in a corset, my sister is corset model so I know they make it hard to breath normally and eating is nearly impossible
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Omg, this scares me... however, I have this intense desire to dress her up and put her in a pink convertible.. I bet her sister Skipper would look cute in that dress... :)

lol.. I thought the same thing
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Omg, this scares me... however, I have this intense desire to dress her up and put her in a pink convertible.. I bet her sister Skipper would look cute in that dress... :)

ROFL!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Sorry...I just vomited on the keyboard!
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    She states that it is natural, but if you google her and click on images you will find a lot of pics of her in a corset. You will also find pics of her in a bathing suit and her waist is dramatically larger without the corset. Without the corset I think she looks like every other thin runway model. I feel sad for her that she feels like she needs to contort her body like that.

This.
  • sheclimber
    sheclimber Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I will never complain again about how hard it is for me to find jeans since my waist is so much smaller than my hips/thighs. It's all a matter of perspective.
  • shellybean826
    Options
    Have you guys seen this? I really didn't even think something like this was anatomically possible. She says mother nature made her that way, but I still find it slightly disturbing.

image.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/model-20-inch-waist-ioana-spangenberg-shocking-appearance-natural-article-1.1017861

if you google her and find this image it does say in several of them she is wearing a corset in this photo and video ..there are more pics of her without the corset and while she has a very small figure its more normal looking then this one ..as far as her sad story ..about how she eats all the time and wishes she could put on weight ...alot of folks with eating disorders (and im not saying she has one) sing the same tune .....if she has a fast metabolism they can now do all kinds of procedures to stop those types of disorders ....and again, im not judging i dont know her ..but alot of people say things that arent totally true ..sometimes they outright lie and sometimes the truth is painful and they lie to keep from having to face it themselves. she also could have been using a corset since she was around 15 or so and would have the same type of shape ...if you notice in some of the other pics on google ..her ribs seem to get smaller the closer they go to her waist ....something that would be done over time ...if she was corseted young and grew up with while wearing one ...anyways ..its sad no matter the reason ....
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Barf
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to share with you all the effects on the skeleton and internal organs with corseting. I'm not saying this is what this model is doing, but IF she was...

43191815_3802492f91_o.jpg

Corset3.jpg

I took a class on the history of textiles and the corset was interesting to learn about! Actually, the extreme corseting, where it re-organized the organs, was not a common practice. Although, many women were fainting because of the tightness! Most women could not stand the corset enough to change their anatomy, as the corsets in that time (Victoria/Medieval era) were very uncomfortable. They were made from linen and reeds for structure. The earliest corsets were structured with linen and whale bone. How uncomfortable is that?!

tight.jpg
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I'm fascinated by her! I think she's beautiful. :flowerforyou: