Fake success pictuers

Options

Replies

• BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Some people have lost weight prior to MFP. Some people change their goals. For instance, I've lost close to 30 lbs....but for the new year I started my ticker over at 0 lbs lost...because I want to see my ticker move for the last 30 lbs I need off...I was too comfortable see the 20 + lbs in my ticker. So, I would hope no one is lying.....or using fake pics....
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    Obviously you lost a good amount of weight, but you're also doing some classic photo fudging here too- thick horizontal stripes for example make a chunky person look chunkier while black tends to slim. Your pose, posture, and expression are also worlds apart between these two pics, they look like how companies selling fat-loss or workout products tend to put their before and after pics together to emphasize weight loss. Regardless, congrats on dumping that forty pound belly.
    Ticker and Pic R Correct for Me!

June-December_2011-2.png
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    what difference does it make if it pushes you to work harder....if it helps you then let it....if they are lying about their progress that is there loss.....not worth even thinking about....
    denise
    I agree but when I see be for and after pictures that makes me wanna push myself even more but when I read they only lost 15 pounds and there picture looks like they lost 40.....SMH yeah that don't match up.
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    Fat is going to occupy more space... there is a lot on these treads about this.

Reality is that a person who weighs 150 lbs and it is loose fat is going to look way much bigger than a person who weighs 150 lbs of lean muscle...

Exactly. I think OP doesn't know a whole lot about body composition. "SMH"
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    I don't think i've seen any fake success pictures on here. I have only seen lots of people proud of their achievements!

Take this guy for example...

abs-photoshop-fail.jpg

He worked hard for those abs and he just wants to show them off. :wink:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    my ticker is not correct -- it says something in the 40's I think - but I've lost 102lbs. I started with weight watchers, and joined mfp in like june or july, 6 months into my journey -- so I'm hoping people aren't posting fake pictures, but maybe they're in the same situation I am. :)
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Are you serious? What happened to you this morning that made you want to come on the internet and piss on someone?
    Obviously you lost a good amount of weight, but you're also doing some classic photo fudging here too- thick horizontal stripes for example make a chunky person look chunkier while black tends to slim. Your pose, posture, and expression are also worlds apart between these two pics, they look like how companies selling fat-loss or workout products tend to put their before and after pics together to emphasize weight loss. Regardless, congrats on dumping that forty pound belly.
    Ticker and Pic R Correct for Me!

June-December_2011-2.png
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    But depending on the 15lbs lost it may *look* like more. They could be doing a lot of strength training so lost a lot of inches but the scale does not reflect a lot of loss. Also, depending on how much they needed to lose may also be a factor at how much 15lbs "looks" like. When someone is trying to lose 20lbs vs 100lbs - 15lbs willl make a difference in their apperance.

Also, like PP said - what is there to gain by photoshopping a Before & After pic? If it motivates you to keep going....who cares!

15lbs with strength training is a lot of inches. For example I am 5'4" and weigh 176lbs, but because I lift heavy I wear a size 8 US jean. My measurements are (37 hip, 25 waist, 37 chest). If I didn't lift heavy and weighed the same I wouldn't have those measurements nor would I fit in to a size 8.
    That pic of me in the avatar was taken yesterday morning. I started out as a size 24 US jean and over 280lbs in 2010.

I don't think they are doctored up, it comes from perseverance and the willingness to study up and read about diet, nutrition and exercise.

I hope this helps luv, and if you like my message; to learn to love yourself (and your body) in to better health send me a friend request and I would be happy to add you :flowerforyou:
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Maybe they lost weight....joined MFP..lost more weight...and the ticker reflects their "MFP weight loss". It's ok....thinking is hard.

I lost a good majority of my weight training at the gym BEFORE my friend turned me onto this site! Just because some numbers may not add up on here, doesn't mean they weren't working towards their goal before they got on here.
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Why are people so concerned about others? It doesn't affect you if so and so burns 1000 calories a day doing "light cleaning" and it doesn't affect you if they also photoshop their picture.

Focus on you, not other people.

My house would be so clean. SO CLEAN.

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D hahahahahahahahah I'm imagining a power cleaning session. Pledge in one hand, duster in the other, and pushing a mop with your feet!!!! ROTFL
  • crystal8208
    Options
    I don't think i've seen any fake success pictures on here. I have only seen lots of people proud of their achievements!

abs-photoshop-fail.jpg

I vote that one as a fake. As a photographer and a graphic artist, I see photoshop lines. Sorry if I'm wrong, but I'd stake $$$ that I'm not.
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

abs-photoshop-fail.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Coccinellid
    Options
    I've lost...
    1" off my arm,
    1.5" of my thigh
    4" off my waist
    3" off my hip
    2.5% body fat.
    Even though my body looks different my weight has stayed the same, so I guess the scales don't always give an accurate indication.
  • Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    Options
    Here's a fun video to watch;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M957dACQyfU

Video gimmick aside, I tend to believe the before/after photos here. I remain skeptical of if some of the people will keep the weight off or not, based on how they lost the weight and how quickly they shed it. I'm always more fascinated by the after-after photos; things taken a year or more after the initial weight loss, checking in on the progress they'd made. But I still find before/after photos to be inspiring.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Well, in my profile picture, I'm only down 2# from June to now. That's the short story of it.

The long story is that I'd actually lost about 10# from June to October, but then a combination of increased protein, increased calories, lots of strength training, followed by a month of self-medicating on chocolate while I recovered from a stress fracture and couldn't exercise, lead to an increase on the scale. Some might be muscle, some might be fluctuation and fluids.

So many people seem to live and die by the numbers on the scale that I think it's important to illustrate that it's only part of the equation.

I am very skilled at Photoshop, but I only use it on my own photos to crop or rotate as necessary, zap a zit or scar (I have a couple of bug-bites on my ankles that look like giant purple bullet wounds... they take ages to heal and fade), sharpen the image, or adjust the color/contrast balance.
  • crystal8208
    Options

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Now I get it... LOL. D'oh! ;)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Maybe they lost weight....joined MFP..lost more weight...and the ticker reflects their "MFP weight loss". It's ok....thinking is hard.

I agree with this. My MFP ticker only says I have lost 16 pounds but I lost a total of 61lbs. I joined MFP after I had lost a good amount of weight
  • crystal8208
    Options
    Well, in my profile picture, I'm only down 2# from June to now. That's the short story of it.

The long story is that I'd actually lost about 10# from June to October, but then a combination of increased protein, increased calories, lots of strength training, followed by a month of self-medicating on chocolate while I recovered from a stress fracture and couldn't exercise, lead to an increase on the scale. Some might be muscle, some might be fluctuation and fluids.

So many people seem to live and die by the numbers on the scale that I think it's important to illustrate that it's only part of the equation.

I am very skilled at Photoshop, but I only use it on my own photos to crop or rotate as necessary, zap a zit or scar (I have a couple of bug-bites on my ankles that look like giant purple bullet wounds... they take ages to heal and fade), sharpen the image, or adjust the color/contrast balance.

I love your photo... You show that it's not all about the numbers. Those 2 pounds are killer. You shaped so much!!! I put in a number in because I had to. I am going by jeans size. I want to be an 8 or so. You are a real inspiration with your 2 pounds = killer muscles photo!
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options

abs-photoshop-fail.jpg

I give up. You win! Best post of the thread.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself, but mine are definitely all unedited me.
    Size 24W pants to size 6-8 pants. Size 20-22W dresses to size 4-6 dresses. Size XXL shirts to size S or XS shirts.
    Approximately 56% body fat to around 23% body fat.
    I also have a bit of loose skin and stretch marks, but I'm still proud of my progress and see no need to alter my progress pictures - I think they tell my story well enough as they are.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!