• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    It's ok....thinking is hard.
    *snort*
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Maybe they lost weight....joined MFP..lost more weight...and the ticker reflects their "MFP weight loss". It's ok....thinking is hard.

That is how mine is. I was 342, lost down to 204, joined MFP, and am down to 177 now, so it looks like on my ticker that I have lost 26 lbs, but i have really lost 165 lbs. My before pics on my profile were at 300.
  • mferguson0531
    mferguson0531 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would say WHO CARES?!?! If you read it and you get motivation, then great. If you read it and you wonder why the pictures and weight don't add up, well then just pray that when you lose "only 10 lbs" that you will look "as good as they do"
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am one of thos e who lost weight before joining MFP. In the beginning my ticker showed weight lost on MFP. I have since adjusted my ticker to show total weight loss. About 8 lbs of my loss was before MFP.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I agree but when I see be for and after pictures that makes me wanna push myself even more but when I read they only lost 15 pounds and there picture looks like they lost 40.....SMH yeah that don't match up.

I agree...Sometimes I think the pictures look a little odd, for the amount of weight they lost.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Maybe they lost weight....joined MFP..lost more weight...and the ticker reflects their "MFP weight loss". It's ok....thinking is hard.

That is true, because I had already lost 35lbs before joining MFP.
  • AyabeR
    Options
    wow you look great!!
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...not really sure. I wouldn't put it past some people. But, i think that in general, most people are here for good and somewhat honest about their loss. I think that height and body type can play a huge role in the pics and since everyone is different that could be why there is a difference from one success story to another.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have never thought about that.. but if people do that I think it is crazy stupid! I mean whats the point in lying to yourself and others about your weight loss???
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    If I were gonna fake it, I'd edit out the stretchmarks. :smile:
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Maybe they lost weight....joined MFP..lost more weight...and the ticker reflects their "MFP weight loss".

A lot of people as they lose the final 20lbs restart their ticker to reflect where they are in their journey. It doesn't mean overall weight loss.
  • lisa_getz
    Options
    Some people reset their tickers to meet each of their mini goals.

That is a good point!!:smile:
  • aymarie33
    aymarie33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

This is very possible... I went from 198 to 170 before I joined MFP.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I don't think i've seen any fake success pictures on here. I have only seen lots of people proud of their achievements!

Take this guy for example...

abs-photoshop-fail.jpg

He worked hard for those abs and he just wants to show them off. :wink:

I vote that one as a fake. As a photographer and a graphic artist, I see photoshop lines. Sorry if I'm wrong, but I'd stake $$$ that I'm not.

You're right! That cellphone is totally photoshopped in! The picture was taken before it was released, no way he got his hands on it that early!!!!!
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Why are people so concerned about others? It doesn't affect you if so and so burns 1000 calories a day doing "light cleaning" and it doesn't affect you if they also photoshop their picture.

Focus on you, not other people.

Amen!! It's like who cares? It's their lives...no?
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    15lbs on me is an insane difference losing only 10 lbs this far has made me do from a size 10 to an 8 and my face has thinned out a lot ppl have noticed already, if i were to lose another 15 lbs i would be very toned :)
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    If someone has lost 20 pounds of fat and added 5 pounds of muscle, they are going to look more trim than someone that *only* lost 15 pounds, especially if some of that lost weight was muscle.

My weight loss over the last year is about 50 pounds, but i've been using DEXA scans every quarter as well as the scale. I've actually added a bit of muscle, so i look smaller than i actually am.

Also, i'm having a lower body lift in 3 weeks. I'm only expected to lose about 7 pounds with that surgery, but i'll probably drop 2 more pants sizes, just from having that 4 inch roll of excess skin gone off my abdomen.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I agree...Sometimes I think the pictures look a little odd, for the amount of weight they lost.

I agree fully, but I've witnessed it in myself. I've been 130# of marshmallow fluff without much muscle, and know how different that was from how I look now at a little over 130# with a decent amount of muscle. I might LOOK like I lost more weight than I did, because I lost a lot of fat while retaining lean muscle.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Why does anyone care if someone is posting a fake pic or not...sheeessshh.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    If I were gonna fake it, I'd edit out the stretchmarks. :smile:
    Me too!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!