Fake success pictuers

Options

Replies

• lauraparr
    Options
    Does it really matter?
    I feel sorry for anyone that has done that (if anyone actually has) but if people still get inspired from it then really the only person who you should worry about is the person who feels the need to do that.
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself, but mine are definitely all unedited me.
    Size 24W pants to size 6-8 pants. Size 20-22W dresses to size 4-6 dresses. Size XXL shirts to size S or XS shirts.
    Approximately 56% body fat to around 23% body fat.
    I also have a bit of loose skin and stretch marks, but I'm still proud of my progress and see no need to alter my progress pictures - I think they tell my story well enough as they are.

Awesome! If I may ask? How tall are you? Your start isn't much larger than where I am now and your current is little less than my goal. Just wanted to see if we are comparable in height? I'm 5'7
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose inches before weight so it could be that their scale number just doesn't move as fast as the inches they are losing.

Same. Plus, I'm doing more strength training than cardio.
  • Nic529
    Nic529 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    lbs and inches lost are two very different things. I always keep that in mind. Some people while losing fat are gaining muscle at the same time :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself, but mine are definitely all unedited me.
    Size 24W pants to size 6-8 pants. Size 20-22W dresses to size 4-6 dresses. Size XXL shirts to size S or XS shirts.
    Approximately 56% body fat to around 23% body fat.
    I also have a bit of loose skin and stretch marks, but I'm still proud of my progress and see no need to alter my progress pictures - I think they tell my story well enough as they are.

Awesome! If I may ask? How tall are you? Your start isn't much larger than where I am now and your current is little less than my goal. Just wanted to see if we are comparable in height? I'm 5'7
    I'm 5'10"
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Another thing to consider is that the last 15# is going to look like a lot more than the first 15#, like that analogy where each pound is one sheet on a paper towel roll.

http://leanbodiesconsulting.com/articles/The+Paper+Towel+Analogy
  • Pete1471
    Pete1471 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Also some people can be bigger than they look. On Sunday a friend of mine bought me some clothes none of which fitted. She knows how much I weigh and can obviously see that I'm a very big guy. She went out and bought me various things that were 3XL thinking thats big, that will fit him. Another person did the same thing. These clothes were (depending on maker) anything from 48 inch to 50 inches. My chest and waist are 56 and 57 inches and I'm an 5XL or 6XL so they were out by about 10 inches all over which is a big miscalculation on their part..

My 18lb weightloss is only an inch off my waist and one off my chest. It's between 2-3% of my bodywaight so it barely shows and change as all. Usually it starts to become noticible after I drop 3 stone.
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Different Techniques will bring different results. For instance, if I just diet and lose weight my before and after won't look nearly as good as someone who worked out, dieted and lost weight while become fit and toned. Also...everyone has different heights and body structure so they carry weight differently. I would say if they are posting the pictures, what's the point of questioning them? Just use them as motivation to push yourself. Some of these people probably worked really hard and made major lifestyle changes to reach their goals...I wouldn't discredit them or take that away from them...it hardly seems fair to do so.

Love this!!! VERY WELL PUT!!
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    What happened to you in your life that made you so bitter about simple truths? Not to mention THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT PEOPLE FUDGING THEIR BEFORE AND AFTER PICS
    Are you serious? What happened to you this morning that made you want to come on the internet and piss on someone?
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I don't think i've seen any fake success pictures on here. I have only seen lots of people proud of their achievements!

Take this guy for example...

abs-photoshop-fail.jpg

He worked hard for those abs and he just wants to show them off. :wink:

I vote that one as a fake. As a photographer and a graphic artist, I see photoshop lines. Sorry if I'm wrong, but I'd stake $$$ that I'm not.

well duh! it is quite obvious it is a joke...sheesh!

very funny btw I peed a little :laugh:
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I would just like to note that "be for" can be combined into one word, "before"......carry on.
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I do weight training everyday along with cardio. At the size i am at now, no one would know i weigh 350lbs. I think it depends on what you do and every person is different. for example on the biggest looser majority of the people on there look like they are in the mid 5' range and there is a skinny person under that fat person. My healthy skinny weight is 260-280 but im 6'2 and my biceps are the size of most guys thighs. Thats my take on it,
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    **wondering what 45pounds looks like and what a person would gain for posting fake pictures**
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Lol, sometimes I do think they are fake...
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    They fake them because they are jealous of you and want to sabotage you. You should punch these people in the face.
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    I typically will set a 15-20lb goal, once that goal is reached, I re-set my ticker to start the next goal.

It makes my motivation even better! just when re-setting, I think .."huh, I did it again! 20 more....." really helps me be that much more proud of myself! :)
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    They fake them because they are jealous of you and want to sabotage you. You should punch these people in the face.

bahahahahahahahaha
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I wonder that all the time. And if their profile pics are real. But surely no one would pretend to be something they're not on the internet.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I wonder that all the time. And if their profile pics are real. But surely no one would pretend to be something they're not on the internet.

mwahahahahhahahahah :laugh:

reminds me of the brad paisley song "online"....

I'm five foot three and overweight
    I'm a sci: fi fanatic, mild asthmatic
    Never been to second base
    But there's a whole 'nother me
    That you need to see
    Go check out Myspace.

'Cause online I'm out in Hollywood
    I'm six foot five and I look damn good
    I drive a Maserati, I'm a black belt in karate
    And I love a good glass of wine
    It turns girls on that I'm mysterious
    I tell 'em I don't want nothing serious
    'Cause even on a slow day I can have a three-way chat
    With two women at one time.

I'm so much cooler online
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Google's image search has confirmed fake success/after photos here. :laugh:

In fact, it led to this addition to the Community Guidelines...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
    Photos altered to present inaccurate weight-loss results are prohibited. Please keep the experience at MyFitnessPal encouraging by keeping your "success" photos authentic.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!