*personal question for the ladies

Options
.....does your weight go up the week you are on your period?

And how much does it go up?

Replies

• MaryJaneElizabeth
    Options
    I never weigh myself that week, becasue I am almost certain it would go up 2-3 lbs! I would get discouraged!
  • phwoggy
    Options
    my weight went way up for like 2 weeks! I put on 3lbs that week but the week after I was back down and lost another lb so I think in future I'll ignore the scales around that time! This was my first one since starting on MFP so it was interesting if a little disheartening to see!
  • For some reason my weight goes down during that time and then jumps immediately after and then levels off again, So it is super confusing about my progress.
  • anna_love
    Options
    it those goes up like for just 2 pounds or so and its really gets me upset so i just dont weigh my self in when im like that!! cuz mine takes for ever !!
  • MellyMartinson
    MellyMartinson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I do not even look anymore. Because yes it goes up like 3 lbs for me. So I don't even check anymore it is too discouraging.
  • ColleenMichele
    Options
    No joke, I can gain up to 8 pounds that week! I even talked to my Dr about it but he said its just my body. I stay FAR FAR away from the scale that week and always end up right back on track the following week. Stupid periods. lol.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Its up and down for some reason but I put on weight about 4lbs. But for one day on my period I think I look good and smaller and weigh a little less... Its odd haha
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Yes, up to 5 pounds for me.
  • angiebarker
    Options
    mine goes up about 5lbs sometimes more. if i weigh myself i just keep telling myself once it goes away ill be back to normal. if you avoid salty foods and processed foods for that week it will help with the bloating. Cinnamon helps cramps :)
  • hiswifetheirmommy
    hiswifetheirmommy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes! The scale can go up as much as 5 lbs for me. :o( I try to stay away from the scale during that time.
  • angiebarker
    Options
    I know the feeling haha i always feel so sexy at one point during the week. the rest i just want to stay in pjs lol
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Mine used to go up between 5 and 8 lbs. And it didn't "magically" go away at end of my period. I finally had to have a hysterectomy due to other complications. Don't be shy about talking to your doctor about it.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    totally! goes up from water weight...bloatation station.
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    2 lbs or more for me. I try not to weigh during that time. It is too depressing.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Mine usually does not. Last month I lost 1.2 lbs during 'that week'. But I also stay on track with my calories and exercise during that week. If I'm having cravings, I workout harder to earn them. :-)
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Im going through that right now, i still lost one pound this month but im hoping after that ive really lost more...
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    yes
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQshCFiYu3amDIHiEbTAz0l5ZSXZRB6uXIU0mzkIkTvQ9xQHkznFjzfRF0bQ
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    totally! goes up from water weight...bloatation station.

Bloatation station! rofl (seriously)
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    I don't know. I really...never weigh myself. I don't see the point currently. I imagine I do but I also don't care, so there's that.