*personal question for the ladies

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    An easy 2-3 lbs.

I initially freaked out, but once I realized it was a pattern, I stopped :)
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    What did it do before MFP?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Not sure, but when my wife is on her period, I always tell her that she looks fat
  • Yes, my weight goes up, only about 3 lbs, but not only that, it is when I have my worst carb and sugar cravings! :frown:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Not sure, but I always tell my wife that she looks fat while on her period

applause.gif
  • Yes. A couple pounds. It's normal and it goes away when it is over. I just drink more water and watch my sodium.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 673 Member
    Yup! It goes up between 3 and 5 lbs.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    3-5 lbs.

It also goes up when you ovulate.....
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Yep! Around 2 or 3 lbs or so most months. But some months I actually see lost.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Usually 3-5 pounds for me no matter how much water I drink. I can tell my body is going into retention mode because I'll get really thirsty, drink like a fish, and not have to go all day. For me the weight doesn't go away right away, usually it's about a week later I see the numbers on the scale drop back to 'normal'.
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Yes mine goes up anywhere from 0.5lbs to 1.5lbs.

10502719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,079 Member
    Most women do. There have been some really informative threads on this before, with some really great answers that explain why, if you're looking for that. When you're in the forums, you will see: Home, Recent Posts, My Topics, Settings, and Search. You can search it using the latter option. :flowerforyou:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    I think I have seen lots of ladies "weigh" in on this before :wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/search?page=2&phrase=gain+weight+tom
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    before ( i got knocked up hmmm) ok it went up 5 lbs and after i would drop 10 than a week after it completely stopped ive maintained :( deng it lol
  • This week is my new record. 6 pounds, but I also ate an obscene amount of sodium on Sunday. I'm not worried, it always goes away.
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Right before mine hits its up usually 5-7 lbs, but the day I get it, the scale is always nice to me, and those extras go away. Its like a little bonus.
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Yes by 3 to 5 lbs! Wondering how it will go this month since I'm starting my 3rd week on MFP and started after my last period.
    I guess I will stay away from the scale.
  • msbobbitx
    msbobbitx Posts: 66 Member
    I think mine goes up the week before.
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQshCFiYu3amDIHiEbTAz0l5ZSXZRB6uXIU0mzkIkTvQ9xQHkznFjzfRF0bQ

lmao! sorry boys... I just really needed to know.

ps thanks gals... I'm SO glad I'm not alone!
  • 1hotbiscuit
    1hotbiscuit Posts: 10 Member
    Yes and usually by 2-3 pounds. Plus 3 days before Aunt Flow arrives I'm like Chris Farley in the SNL skit where he, Adam Sandler and David Spade are dressed as private school girls and are in the cafe when Chris Farley's "girl" sneaks a french fry. When David's character says "aren't you on a diet" Farley in a devil's voice says: LEAVE ME ALONE I'M STARVING!

Dr told me to stay away from high sodium foods, drink more water and add a little extra light cardio walking etc to help combat the water gain. And now I use it for extra motivation b/c I see that higher number and even though in my head I know it is just bloat it does make me hold myself more accountable for what I am eating.

The joys of womanhood LOL.