What is everyone thinking for Valentines Dinner?

13»

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    I am a foodie as well. I have made a dish close to the lamb one you are making, but with smoked venison, grilled pears and I boiled down the balsamic to a syrup and drizzled it over the meat and pears, OMG! So good! I did read your recipe but if it is anything like the one I make, you are going to be in heaven.

We do not eat red meat in his house often and even less often will cow be consumed. So I will be getting some all natural grass fed beef steaks, hubby NY strip, me a filet, grilled shrimp, baked sweet potato and fresh steamed green beans with some garlic , crushed red pepper and almonds with a nice spring mix salad. I will have dessert but no idea what that will be until the day I shop. Probably something banana for husband and chocolate covered strawberries for me.
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    We're going to The Keg. I will have the smallest cut of steak and just veggies on the side, no potatoes or rice.

And I'm saving my weekly sweet treat for their yummy creme brulee.

I worked as a cook at The Keg for 5 years! The rice is sooo unhealthy, tons of butter in it! LOL But delicious!

Enjoy! It's still one of my favourite restaurants.....I dont miss having to work there on V-day tho....craziness!

hello , about the Keg is it still 18 + dollars for a stupid small piece of steak ?

it is still pricey yes....of course working there i had my 50% discount I didnt realize it to be so. :laugh: I go once in a blue moon now.....as I make a damn good steak at home.