Question: Did your style change when you reached your goal?

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I now wear Affliction, Ed Hardy, Tap Out, and anything with rhinestones or glitter. If the shirt has anything that lights up or spins that's just a bonus. Usually a hat cocked to the side with the official hologram sticker still on it adds flare. The jeans now have to be ripped to shreds as well. I'm not sure why but, it cost more $ to get them that way. Also rolling up a pant leg is cool too. Again I'm not sure why. Wearing a chain that is down to my waist is neat too. It's better if there's some type of pendant on the chain such as a cross,dragon,skull, initials, peace symbol that spins or any other hypnotizing bling! Wearing sunglasses adds another over the top bada$$ level to the outfit. As for earings diamond studs are a must. I'm not too sure if I should wear a watch or bracelet soooo I wear both........on each hand. I won't wear a ring though because that's girly and I gotta draw the line somewhere.

As long as those sunglasses you're wearing are white Armani Exchange sunglasses and you're wearing them in a dimly lit nightclub, your style is on. point.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    mine did weeeee I love a large shirt and some 33 jeans now
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    My style didn't change per se, I was (am) just able to dress the way I used to before I gained my weight. It feels good, since I always felt out of sorts not being able to dress as I wanted to due to the limited selection and styles in 18+
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Here's a new little number I wore out the other night:
    WEIRD_FASHION_10.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have 17 lbs until my goal weight, but I will definitely be buying a lot of things I didn't feel comfortable in before [ex: skirts, tube tops, tube top dresses, etc]

Oh, and of course, the bikini [with no shirt or shorts on] at the beach! YEAH!
  • amandacochran15
    Options
    I think that with weight loss, your confidence changes so much that EVERYTHING changes! I notice that in a lot of the before photos, women are frowning and look like they rolled out of bed. But look at some of the after photos... Women are tanner, have makeup on, tight jeans and heels. I love the big smile and perfect hair. Everything just seems to fall into place. I cannot wait to buy everything that I want. Well I do, I just don't like the way it looks. I love staying up to date with fashion and its hard for things to look right with extra weight!
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    Ha! I wanted to be able to wear "skinny jeans" - at the time, my daughter loved them. I found a pair on-sale, and bought them about 10 lbs from goal. When the day came that I met goal, I tried 'em on... and they fit!

However, I learned very quickly that a 50 year old man doesn't belong in skinny jeans.

Still, I had to buy all new clothes, as I went from an xl, to an s ... style wise, the only difference is I now like to wear more "fitted" shirts, and occasionally just a tee shirt.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I am not quite there yet - still have 4 lbs to go, but my style has definitely changed from camouflage to highlight. I wear form-fitting tops, rather than big baggy ones. My skirts are shorter and I actually own some sleeveless tops. I also recently bought a pair of jeans (wide bottom, not skinny). I stopped wearing clothes my mother would have worn at my age. I love wrap dresses! I am not done shopping yet either, although wearing a size 8 feels pretty darn good....
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    mostly, no. I love rockabilly style and it looks good on all body types. I struggle with finding a good "before" pic because I look awesome in almost all the pics I have!

But i do wear more skinny jeans now on my "down" days. I also wear more tight fitting t-shirts. But generally, I'm the same gal.
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans were my first purchase. Then I started to tuck in shirts and wear a belt. Workout clothes are form-fitting, love the Nike long-bra tops. I wear sleeveless shirts and dresses too.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Here's a new little number I wore out the other night:
    WEIRD_FASHION_10.jpg

Wow..I bet you were walking on the red carpet!! Sizzle ;)
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm 8lbs away from goal and I'm wearing skinny jean, which I never imagined wearing before. One thing I can wait to get back in is a bikini. That's my next goal b/c I'm headed to Miami for my 30th bday in June!!!! :drinker:

10502719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    No, I am the same flashy dego I was just not fat.

I like what I like.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    The only real difference is I wear more "form fitting" clothes. I stay home with my kids, so really no need to get "dressed up"...jeans, yoga pants, and t shirts are just my style!
  • arlo1028
    arlo1028 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My style hasn't changed much, more like it finally came out when I reached my 1st goal LOL. I'm not at my final goal yet, but I still don't feel comfortable wearing skirts or dresses, at least nothing short. I barely like wearing a swimsuit, bodywise I'm still too shy to show off :tongue: So, it hasn't changed I just have more 'options' to choose from lol
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I never really wore jeans before my weight loss because I felt like i could never find any that fit me plus I always felt self conscious, now I wear skinny jeans and feel great in them. I also am now able to wear tanks as shirts instead of only as layering pieces.
  • stepherin713
    Options
    Heck yes! I never had style, wearing big tshirts and jeans literally every day, and then I started losing weight and I got an internship and went all out and got a ton of cute stuff (my friend had to help me!). Now I'm a lot more comfortable in tighter things (sweaters, tshirts, jeans) and I just got a really cute pair of boots! I haven't reached my goal yet but like a lot of people on here I've got a swimsuit already picked out!
  • andforpoise
    Options
    What I really wanted was a pair of boots that went over my calves... and I tried and tried all throughout this journey to find a pair... and I finally found a pair before Christmas... and they're gorgeous! I was so proud of them that I wore them home (through the airport) when I went home for Christmas break (bad idea... killed my footies!) I'm not at goal yet, but I'll probably buy another pair when I am, and wear the bikini I bought on clearance last fall (it's my goal "outfit" haha). I also can't wait to buy shorts that are shorter than knee length! Another thing I really want is one of those bandeau bra tops that you can wear underneath the flowy tops (the type where you can sorta see the bandeau when you lift your arms).. unfortunately, I have a fairly large chest, and they don't really support my "girls." :(
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Style I would have to say NO---Always liked odd, vintage style clothing...BUT the way it look on me is a different story!! Everything lays completely different and I love it!!
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i'm not at my goal, but at my highest weight, i wore boy's clothing all the time. big sweatshirts, baggy jeans, dumpy coats, you name it. people got so upset when they find out i wore multiple layers. i changed a bit in style, not because of weight, but because i was thrown into a building filled with girls who use curling irons and makeup and wear earrings and pretty things. my style is still like a granny's, but it's a big change from 5 years ago-- i wear girl's clothing now!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!