in your dating history ...

Options
12346»

Replies

• amiles21693
    Options
    1st serious relationship (1 yr) we mutually agreed to break it off for a bit. I do however, consider myself dumped because he ended up hooking up with a very good friend of mine. They got pregnant and married shortly after (he's miserable though :devil: ). He broke my heart!
    2nd serious relationship (2 yrs) I dumped him.
    3rd one was my ex husband (10 yrs) and I pulled the trigger and kicked him out... but you could say he dumped me long before as he was cheating.

Boyfriends in between were probably a combination of both.

Same thing happened to me as your first relationship! We were together 2 years, then we broke up and 3 days later he got a girl knocked up. They didnt get married though, however, he is miserable. And the girl is pregnant again, by a different guy. I was heart broken, but karma had my back (:
  • bohoatthebeach
    Options
    Married my first girlfriend 20 years ago. Still married to her.... Never been the dumper / dumpee

that's really sweet! :blushing:
  • Bloowhale
    Options
    I was dumped once.

First relationship.

Never dumped again.
  • Trinketona
    Options
    All my relationships have been me getting dumped and THEN finding out I was being cheated for months.

Till this day cant figure out why I never realize im being cheated on until the relationship ends.

Im done with trying to find my "other half" :brokenheart:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Up until I was 24 I was the one that got dumped. At 24, my fiance and the love of my life so far came back from working abroad, told me he had met someone else and made me move out of our recently purchased home that week. After that my heart hardened terribly and ever since then I've bolted the moment any sort of problem started to raise it's ugly head and, i think, have picked partners who i deliberately knew weren't suitable.

Ugh. I'm a big old mess!
  • jjohnboy2000
    jjohnboy2000 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Dumpee.

Ex left me for another man. Have been dumped eevn though I was one of the nicest men she had ever met! Another because I was nearly perfect in every way!.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, I do the dumping, though the select times I didn't, they completely broke my heart.

This! ^^
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Dumpee.

Ex left me for another man. Have been dumped eevn though I was one of the nicest men she had ever met! Another because I was nearly perfect in every way!.

Selling yourself??

About 50/50 for me...some I got bored of, some got bored of me...human nature:)
  • sdlr4592
    Options
    Married my first girlfriend 20 years ago. Still married to her.... Never been the dumper / dumpee

I like that... :D

Uh, I'm married now, but before my husband, I was the dumper. Not because I was "too good for them", but because I wasn't happy. That or I was afraid they'd break up with me if I didn't break up with them. Sounds so silly now.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    All my relationships have been me getting dumped and THEN finding out I was being cheated for months.

Till this day cant figure out why I never realize im being cheated on until the relationship ends.

Im done with trying to find my "other half" :brokenheart:

With you on this!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Only been the 'dumpee' once... I told him if he truly believed I was a b*tch, take me home and never ever come back. Ummmm he took me home and never ever came back. THANK GOD! :laugh:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I would say it's been about 50/50 for me. The times I've been the dumpee, I have always known it was coming. I would get a feeling that it was over, but I couldn't bring myself to be the one to say it. I don't think I've ever been in a relationship where either party was surprised by the "I think we should see other people" conversation.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Dumpee.

Selling yourself??

I think he's just lamenting the crap women say when they're dumping someone and how it makes absolutely no sense.

On a side note, I am always leery of guys who claim they have never dumped anyone. And guys who say they did everything right and that their exes were just crazy. In the unlikely event that you're not just a narcissist who can't accept blame for anything, what does it say about you if every woman you've ever been in a relationship with was really crazy?
  • cassellmomof7
    Options
    The dumper...the few times I had been the dumpee my heart was beyond broken : (
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I mostly get dumped. One mutual separation, one where I dumped her.

There's been a good number of times where I just chose not to pursue from very early on. I wouldn't neccessarily said I dumped them, because it never got far enough along.