Should i say something??!!

Options
judith3
judith3 Posts: 296 Member
My uncle posted on his facebook status that he loves his kids and hopes to one day see them again and that he knows he made mistakes but that he has never forgotten about them. And his son replied to his post and said we have a dad so just worry about your other kids kus you dont have any other children. Frankly this pisses me off my uncle was never bad to him or his two other siblings and yes he left because he got deported not like he just abandoned them. His mother on the other hand has filled their heads with so much bull**** over the years that they hate him. But regardless what he thinks the truth is its just unacceptable for him to say something like that to his father on facebook. I mean if you hate him so freaking much and you say you arent a part of his family then why is it that your friends with him on facebook as well as with all your aunts and uncles and cousins

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    My uncle posted on his facebook status that he loves his kids and hopes to one day see them again and that he knows he made mistakes but that he has never forgotten about them. And his son replied to his post and said we have a dad so just worry about your other kids kus you dont have any other children. Frankly this pisses me off my uncle was never bad to him or his two other siblings and yes he left because he got deported not like he just abandoned them. His mother on the other hand has filled their heads with so much bull**** over the years that they hate him. But regardless what he thinks the truth is its just unacceptable for him to say something like that to his father on facebook. I mean if you hate him so freaking much and you say you arent a part of his family then why is it that your friends with him on facebook as well as with all your aunts and uncles and cousins
    Butt OUT, and let the drama play out without your involvement.
    They'll work it out if both parties are really sincere. If not, then NOTHING you do will help.
    Just keep your nose out.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It's not your place to say anything. That's something he needs to talk to his son about and they are the only two people that should have a say in their relationship. If anything, you butting in saying his feelings are wrong will probably only push the son away more and make things worse.:ohwell:
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    iT WOULD BE HARD FOR ME To keep my mouth shut. Id have to say something, but im can be an "In your face person" If i see someone in the wrong, i have to point out both sides.
  • bratius
    Options
    Nope not your place to say anything
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    It's not your place
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    No, you should not say anything.
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I know its not my place but i know things that neither party knows and i kinda just feel like if they both knew these things they could very well possibly work things out
  • joanneonline
    Options
    If his children seek your advice, then give it (if you can do so without judging their mom). Otherwise, it is not your place.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    My first thought was that you should probably mind your own business, but after thinking about it a little more... Your uncle is family so in a way, it IS your business... as well as anything said on the INTERNET, is everyone's business who has access to it.. With that said, if you want to say something, might I suggest you not being rude about it, but rather offering the kid another view on the true story of why your uncle wasn't around?
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is saying it's not your place, but frankly, I'm not the type to keep my mouth shut. I would say something regardless of whether or not it's not my problem or drama.
  • SandyChampWins
    SandyChampWins Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It is what it is...I would leave it alone!
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I would probably say something. If the son didn't want other people to get involved he shouldn't have written something so ugly for everyone to see.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Its sounds more like you are trying to find people who agree with what you already decided to do rather than actually recieve input. You're just trying to rationalize a poor decision.
    Just saying!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't say anything. The son probably needs to have a frank discussion with his father. In person is always better than on the web. There may be questions that he has which haven't been answered. The fact that he has made the connection on FB with his father and his father's side of the family shows that he wants to be included. He's just hurt for whatever reason. I feel like he needs to hear his father's side of things and keep an open heart. I do agree that FB isn't the place to air grievances, but some people post anything on it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Facebook Drama = not worth the stress
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    **** yeah say something. if its your family and you feel strongly about it.. say whats on your mind. FREEDOM OF SPEECH. **** being passive aggressive and letting **** slide... say it !
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    sometimes facebook is almost as good as Dr Phil. What do you have to lose? if you have no relationship with the kids, then you will only be supporting your Uncle who you do have a relationship with...

Why are they facebook friends?
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, it isn't your place to say anything. I, too, do not have a good relationship with my mother. There are too numerous reasons that only my siblings & myself know about that we don't want aired to the public. We don't respond when our mother posts such things. My mother's best friend (like an aunt to me) tried to chew me out over FB message one day because I rarely speak to my mother. Evidently, my mother had fed her some sob story. As much as I didn't want to relive the past, I had to set her straight on a lot of things she never knew about my mother, including how my mother takes advantage of those around her, said friend included. I was furious with this woman for having stuck her nose where it didn't belong. You will be doing yourself & your cousin & uncle a favor by staying out of it.
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that the son is not that old or hasn't matured for posting something like that publicly. They will work it out for themselves once BOTH of them are ready to. You getting in the middle of it isnt going to do anything but cause more problems. When the son is ready he will ask his father what happened.
  • sf08003
    Options
    I think you already know the answer...