Should i say something??!!

Options

Replies

• oceanchristy
    Options
    Oh~ and in Apazman's defence - you were asking for opinions, and all he did was give you his.

What's that saying again, if you can't stand the heat??

She didn't say anything other than respond about why his opinion was wrong. When I disagreed with him he got offended and turned into a personal disagreement between the 2 of us. I really don't think that says anythng about the OP at all.

Telling someone their opinion is wrong isn't for her or anyone else to decide.
    It's a personal belief.

She put herself out there to be scrutinized.
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    Clearly a very difficult situation as evinced by the emotions it has brought up in the replies :indifferent:

The onus is very much on the father in my opinion to behave like a father, a teenager isn't emotionally mature enough to deal with this easily and it must've been very very hurtful to read on a public forum! Don't have children if you can't look after them emotionally and physically!!

I would speak to the adult in the situation only, agree with what others have said about anger being turned on you, everyone shoots the messenger!!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Oh~ and in Apazman's defence - you were asking for opinions, and all he did was give you his.

She didn't say anything other than respond about why his opinion was wrong. When I disagreed with him he got offended and turned into a personal disagreement between the 2 of us. I really don't think that says anythng about the OP at all.

It's a personal belief.

SO it's not okay for OP to say his opinion is wrong, but it's okay for him to say that her opinion/decision is wrong? That's pretty ridiculous. How bout we all just move along here.. yes, this is a public forum so everyone is going to say what they want/think... leave it be and get on with your days... this is so juvenile.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    My uncle posted on his facebook status that he loves his kids and hopes to one day see them again and that he knows he made mistakes but that he has never forgotten about them. And his son replied to his post and said we have a dad so just worry about your other kids kus you dont have any other children. Frankly this pisses me off my uncle was never bad to him or his two other siblings and yes he left because he got deported not like he just abandoned them. His mother on the other hand has filled their heads with so much bull**** over the years that they hate him. But regardless what he thinks the truth is its just unacceptable for him to say something like that to his father on facebook. I mean if you hate him so freaking much and you say you arent a part of his family then why is it that your friends with him on facebook as well as with all your aunts and uncles and cousins

Not your place. Not your kid, none of your business imo.

Except when you use facebook to make it other people's business.

I think if you comment on it and put someone in their place, feel free. It probably can't make the situation between father and son any worse than it already is.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    My uncle posted on his facebook status that he loves his kids and hopes to one day see them again and that he knows he made mistakes but that he has never forgotten about them. And his son replied to his post and said we have a dad so just worry about your other kids kus you dont have any other children. Frankly this pisses me off my uncle was never bad to him or his two other siblings and yes he left because he got deported not like he just abandoned them. His mother on the other hand has filled their heads with so much bull**** over the years that they hate him. But regardless what he thinks the truth is its just unacceptable for him to say something like that to his father on facebook. I mean if you hate him so freaking much and you say you arent a part of his family then why is it that your friends with him on facebook as well as with all your aunts and uncles and cousins

I think if you comment on it and put someone in their place, feel free. It probably can't make the situation between father and son any worse than it already is.

May not make the situation between father and son any worse.. but what about between uncle and niece... or cousin and niece? There is more than just one relationship that can be destroyed by her saying something.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Frankly, it's not your business BUT it sucks to sit by and watch people hurt over the actions or word of another. Especially when it isnt the truth or not the full truth. I speak my mind all the time... so I would say something =) If I was either the kids or the father.. I would WANT someone to tell me. Its up to you, but if you DO.. then be prepared to deal with the DRAMA!!
  • oceanchristy
    Options
    He never asked for anyone's opinion, she did.

Good greif, i thought a forum was somewhere adults talked things out, not ganged up on eachother when they had differing opinions. That's the only point I was trying to make.

Why don't you quote me , so you get the last word.
  • grinch031
    Options

May not make the situation between father and son any worse.. but what about between uncle and niece... or cousin and niece? There is more than just one relationship that can be destroyed by her saying something.

If that's a risk the OP wants to take, at least she is aware of the possibility. I think its better the OP intervene than have the son be fed more lies from the mother. Would I do the same? Probably not, but I also stopped using facebook because of people airing their personal problems on it.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

It's a personal belief.

Like I said already, she is not the one that was arguing with him, it was me. He made a rude remark which opened himself up to people giving their thoughts on what he said. If you are going to attack anyone in his defense I would expect it to be me, not the OP.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    My family has facebook and we even have a page on their. But we don't post personal issues about other family members on ours walls or even in the family page. We're the type of people that if we have a problem it'll either get solved by the parties involved or just avoid each other at the next gathering.

We don't stick our noses in other's business unless it's life threatening. My cousin hates my uncle because he DID leave his mother and the rest of his kids by different women. I haven't seen that cousin in years and he just recently came to the Christmas party we had (which I was out of town for). He stated his hatred for his father and yet no one ran to my uncle saying they need to work it out or blah blah blah. They just agreed that if he hates his father that he can still come around and be with family.

But that's just my crazy family
  • MaryB2
    Options

Good greif, i thought a forum was somewhere adults talked things out, not ganged up on eachother when they had differing opinions. That's the only point I was trying to make.

By putting his answser on a public forum he asked for responses. Nobody asked for your opinion yet here you are giving it. How is that any different than us giving our thoughts on his rude response to her?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Stay out of it.

And on that topic, I don't understand people that put their drama and problems on FB. It's not necessary!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I've got some damn good experience in this. Seriously butt out and stay out of it, it's really not a good idea to get involved you'll only get your fingers burned.

The son will in time either decide he wants to give his Dad a chance and talk to him or he'll decide otherwise but that's his decision and his alone. He won't appreciate you getting involved in it because he'll feel he's been told what to do which isn't the best of ideas, then you'll get seen as someone that's stirring the pot so to say (trying to create drama.) This kind of resentment burns stronger than anything else, especially other emotions so rationality isn't going to be the order of the day if you do go ahead. Just keep all of that in mind if you do go ahead.
  • grinch031
    Options
    And on that topic, I don't understand people that put their drama and problems on FB. It's not necessary!

This is why I am for the OP butting in. People need to be called out on their actions and learn the hard way. Don't post crap on facebook unless you want other people in your affairs.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'd probably say something stupid or sarcastic just because.... but that's just me.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options

By putting his answser on a public forum he asked for responses. Nobody asked for your opinion yet here you are giving it. How is that any different than us giving our thoughts on his rude response to her?

You're absolutley right, when I posted I invited the personal attacks on my profile, which, shame on me for posting anything there that was honest and meaningful, so that people like you could take advantage of it. If you want to know, my grandmother passed away a few years ago and I'm still dealing with that because I was taking care of her at the time, my brother had his 3rd child last week, and I am scared to death of the day my parents pass away. I love my dog Lemon she is the best, and there is a girl I love very much. LOL There is more information about me you can use.

It was my mistake to point out how emotional and irrational some people can be. LOL. It is pretty funny, that you are proving my point. I guess I should thank you.

I am concerned about the OP though. In that she is unable to solve these family issues on her own and turns to a public forum for help. That seems kind of strange doesn't? I mean she isn't the only one that does it, I see a lot of posts like that ... just seems odd to me. Like wouldn't you first go to the people who know you for a suggestion? or even people who don't know you that are just coworkers or something.
  • grinch031
    Options

I am concerned about the OP though. In that she is unable to solve these family issues on her own and turns to a public forum for help. That seems kind of strange doesn't? I mean she isn't the only one that does it, I see a lot of posts like that ... just seems odd to me. Like wouldn't you first go to the people who know you for a suggestion? or even people who don't know you that are just coworkers or something.

You can get more unbiased opinions from people who don't know you or your family. Plus you keep more anonymity by asking questions on a forum like this. I don't see the problem with that.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options

This is why I am for the OP butting in. People need to be called out on their actions and learn the hard way. Don't post crap on facebook unless you want other people in your affairs.

No people don't need to be "called out" on their facebook actions. Either you're into facebook drama or you're not. If you participate - you are into the drama.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options

You can get more unbiased opinions from people who don't know you or your family. Plus you keep more anonymity by asking questions on a forum like this. I don't see the problem with that.

I guess that's true, most of my friends are unbiased to begin with, so if something isn't a good idea, they just tell me. Perhaps I just tend to get along with more objective people.
  • MaryB2
    Options

Exactly! This is supposed to be a place for people to ask for help / support regardless of topic. There isn't anything wrong with that at all. Some of the best advice can come from someone that is not involved in the situation.