I ran a mile!

Options

Replies

• jrow0524
    Options
    Wow I am touched by all of the supportive comments. Thank you all so much!
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I did this for the first time on Monday! Yay for you! Keep it up! :)
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You can do 2 miles! You'll be amazed at how far you can push yourself.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    wow! very happy for ya! i just started last week and loving it!! im getting it down to almost 11 minutes per mle
    congrats!! great job!!
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    When I ran at that pace, I used to call it my "shuffle stagger." I was so damn proud of it, too! That was six months ago that I jogged my first mile--now I'm training for a 10k. You'll be astonished at how fast your progress is!

I'm still the slowest person in the pack--but I can keep up that slow pace for four miles now. And I'm a really big girl (near 300). If I can do it, so can you, and then some!

Running iz zo fun!
  • solincia
    Options
    Congrats!! That's awesome!!! I'm at the same pace for jogging, as I just started doing the C25K and found I'm walking at 3.5 and jogging at 4.5!!!
    I hope to be able to run a mile without stopping. You are an inspiration!!! Keep it up!!!!
  • hollisrn76
    Options
    That is a great accomplishment! I like that pace too! And it doesn't matter how fast you go it's that you are doing it! Way to go! You are doing great!
    Kim
  • j3nn14er
    Options
    whoohoo! great job and I'm sure you'll continue improving and then just turn into a speed demon ^_^ have fun!
  • wendinbill
    Options
    Fantastic!!! That is a goal of mine!! Great job!
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    What a great feeling! *highfive*
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I've been logging in to MFP for 30 days now and exercising every day. The first week was in a word, godawful! But I've been pushing on every day and making small goals for myself and today - I ran a mile at 4.5 mph. Now I know for some of you that is brisk walking but for me it's actually a jogging pace. I'm so proud of myself today - because when I started there was absolutely no way I could do that. Next goal - 2 miles.

Congrats!!! That's so exciting :)

Running isn't about speed - it's about getting out there and having the miles beneath your feet. Don't come down on yourself because you don't feel you're "fast". It's a great accomplishment and you should celebrate it!

Here's to many, many more miles!
  • juciene5
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Soon you will make your 5 mile goal!
  • cruisintolose
    cruisintolose Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It is an amazing feeling isn't it? I wanted to post several weeks ago that I too ran my first mile. I never thought I could do it. I have increased each week and yesterday I ran 4 miles! Think that is my max for awhile but I can't believe I did it and I feel great. My dh told me it gets addictive. I think he might be right!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome.. keep working at it and you will be at a 5k in no time!
  • BrownEyedGiRL928
    BrownEyedGiRL928 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I need some inspiration! What goals did you set for yourself so you were able to work up to a mile?
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Your first mile is a *huge* achievement. Very, very well done!

Remember too that most runners do find the first mile their hardest - it's when your body's struggling to adapt to what you're asking of it... Once you're able to run past a mile, it does get a little easier.

Running is challenging, but it's great. It's the thing that makes me feel most focused, most physically able. I love it.
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!! Love the dedication you are showing. The first time I ran it was a mile too. I thought I might just die! :) Now, I can consistently run (on the treadmill) a 10K at 6.3 MPH (that's a 9 minute 31 second mile). And, I have ran 10 miles ( just one time).
    Keep it up!!!!! You're doing great!
  • lovinmysoldier
    lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Last year I started my weight loss journey. I have never been a runner, tried muliple times and was envious of those that "loved to run". So I decided to try the Couch 2 5K. Plan was just to finish it, then if I still hated running then I wouldn't ever do it again. Needless to say a year later I'm up to 7 miles. I sooooooo remember those first few weeks. Lots of pains to work through, I remember having to run for a minute and then the next week it wanted me to run 3 minutes and I thought the thing was INSANE. Just stick with it, set a goal and go for it.
  • daffy_girl
    Options
    That is great!!! I ran my first mile yesterday and I tell you, the whole day i was on cloud nine. Its a great achievement of more miles to come. Good job and keep it up!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!