I ran a mile!

Options
1235»

Replies

• stajken
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!! It is a truly amazing thing how our bodies develop strength and endurance. So much of it is mental so stay psyched and know that your 1 mile acheivement is really a terrific milestone of how far you've come and where you can go with your fitness level!!!

Stay with it and I know you are going to be surprised at how quickly you will progress! Last September, I started a walk/run training for a 4 miler on Thanksgiving....I'd run for a minute (at a slow pace like yours) and walk for 2 then progressed to running a bit more with walking in between. Surprisingly, I actually got to where I was able to run the whole 4 miler!! I know that day it was a lot of adrenaline and being with a lot of excited joggers. This past Sunday, I actually ran 7 miles training for a half marathon!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I've been logging in to MFP for 30 days now and exercising every day. The first week was in a word, godawful! But I've been pushing on every day and making small goals for myself and today - I ran a mile at 4.5 mph. Now I know for some of you that is brisk walking but for me it's actually a jogging pace. I'm so proud of myself today - because when I started there was absolutely no way I could do that. Next goal - 2 miles.

Really pleased to hear this and see you're setting further goals!

Going from walking to running is one of the most difficult hurdles and for you to RUN a mile is just superb. I have a lot of respect for people like you who will push themselves to go further and even if you were out of shape at the start, are striving for a LONG term plan and celebrating each milestone with the amount of respect and praise they deserve! GO YOU!
  • stajken
    Options
    You will be able to! It is such an amazing feeling to go from that run/walk stage to just running (don't get me wrong--it is hard as hell the first few times you do it! but then something clicks and it gets a little easier each time). That was the case for me just about 6 months ago.

Good luck meeting your next milestone!!! Keep us posted!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!