SHOOT ME! NOW!!

Options
CONFESSIONS OF A "TOM" EATING PSYCHO....

So, after I logged off mfp last night, I was around 70 calories over. Ok, no biggie...figured I'd make up for it today.

BUT NOOOOooooooooo......it is less than a week before my "TOM", and after I logged out all hell broke loose. Let me add visuals for my little pig fest.

Ate half a bag of these:
kisses.jpg

Ate about this much popcorn:
popcorn.jpg

The scary part is that I did NOT care. I knew I'd be pissed this morning, but when I start craving CRAP during this time of the month, I'm like a lunatic. I could probably polish off a side of beef without even blinking an eye if the spirit moved me. It's insane, and the sad part is that they have no meds for this impairment...lol. What is wrong with the medical community that they cannot get a handle on hormonal issues AND FIX THEM!!!! (pms talking, just ignore that last rant).

I'm trying not to take my pms eating binges lightly, but I have no clue how to stop myself. I've tried everything. I am glad that I'm usually able to lose whatever I've gained pretty quickly after the "time" passes, but still I think of how much more I could lose if I could get a handle on it.

Bloody shame I don't crave fruits and veggies during this time, but rather always something like a box of Twinkies or anything that has been dunked in massive amounts of salt. Arrrgghgghghghghhgh.....frustrating as hell. For the most part, I keep the things I crave out of the house during this time of the month, but I had bought and hid the kisses for my kid's Valentine party. I snuck them out of a cupboard where I'd been hiding them.

And men, don't even bother addressing this because you have NO clue. Mind over matter does not work...at all.

pms.jpg

WORST OF ALL, I DIDN'T LOG MY *kitten* UP....I simply cannot bring myself to do it.

Replies

• wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Calm down! Everyone has those moments especially at TOM! Just do your best going forward! I'm with you!
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    I find my cravings have diminished a lot since I eat a high protein diet. I aim for about 140 g a day. Most days I go over. IIFYM and IF have both helped my cravings too. Not to say that I don't experience it, but it's a lot easier to control knowing I can have some of what I want.
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    lol...I can't calm down...I have pms. ;P

I will go lift something very heavy tonight...that usually helps. Rather lots of heavy things...a good workout always helps.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I ate fives Take 5 pieces, a double serving of pretzel M&M's, and an almond croissant last night for the same reason. No big deal, just accept it was crazy and moooove on.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Strawberry cream kisses....oh.....my........God.....
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. You are doing good and letting lose occassionally isn't the end of the world. Just don't make a habit of it. That is why I suggest logging it so you can keep track of how often it happens.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    We all have those days! Just consider it a spike day, lol!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    That comic image is fantastic. :)

Don't worry about it. Make sure to log better today. Try to make better healthy food decisions today. :) your life isn't over from eating junk.
  • nubeing
    Options
    I'm not trying to be an enabler or anything BUT there are a lot worse things that you could be pigging out on besides popcorn! I've heard that popcorn is one of the healthier things that you could eat. I could be wrong. But ANYWAY the important thing is not to deny yourself everything and then punish yourself harshly. I say pamper yourself right now, treat yourself good, paint your nails, sit in the steam room at the gym, WHATEVER. And then next time you would rather have the good feeling than the feeling that comes after a pigout session. Come on, be nice to your body and your body will appreciate it.
  • seoid
    seoid Posts: 151
    Options
    <bang>
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. You are doing good and letting lose occassionally isn't the end of the world. Just don't make a habit of it. That is why I suggest logging it so you can keep track of how often it happens.

And it may not be as bad as you think!
    :flowerforyou:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    bang!
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    What did you do before MFP?
  • abrn93
    abrn93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    sooo very glad i got spayed! My husband always called it Punish My Spouse-never got cravings but boy would I jump his sh**. Poor guy.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    "And men, don't even bother addressing this because you have NO clue. Mind over matter does not work...at all. "

As a woman, I 100% disagree. It really is mind over matter. How do you stop yourself? Just don't do it. It's hard as hell, but obviously not impossible. Stop telling yourself that it is and maybe you'll stop allowing it to happen.
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That comic image is fantastic. :)

Don't worry about it. Make sure to log better today. Try to make better healthy food decisions today. :) your life isn't over from eating junk.

LOL, What she said!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    look that way
    >
    and never look <
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Last time that happened I ate a whole bag of Teriyaki Turkey Jerky. Took care of the sweet, salty and chewy craving. Chased it with popcorn smothered in reduced fat parmesan....

No safe snacks at TOM.
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm apparently an idiot, it took me 4 posts to figure out who TOM was. I actually thought I'd run into the dude a few times too.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY understand! I just ended my period yesterday and today I went nuts and last night Oh my goodness I was off the chain!!!! I had gotten up in the middle of the night and ate everything I could find! I Just now ate 2 1/2 servings of bagel crisp!! I am going to try to do a salad for dinner!~U are not alone. And I should know better I just had a huge success and got to get rid of a whole trunk full of "big clothes" then I go and do this UGG!!!!