Replies

• JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    strawberry = fruit :)
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    I'm apparently an idiot, it took me 4 posts to figure out who TOM was. I actually thought I'd run into the dude a few times too.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: best post ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it too much, that will just make you stress more, and find more chocolate!! ;)
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    To be honest I never noticed that I had these binge issues before I started watching what I ate and working out daily.... I'm about a week and a couple days into my "gotta do this now and stick to it" attitude and TOM came this week... thinking nothing of it until last night when I got home from an event that had a catered dinner, I was so proud of myself for my self control, choosing more salad and only 1 manicotti rather than 3 and NO garlic bread... Then I got home went to make myself a tea and instead ended up with a cocktail in one had and a loaf of bread in the other... Needless to say it was a slow start to the morning... I was disappointed in myself BUT logged everything religiously to hold myself accountable with full intentions of getting back to the grind today... BUT, again, I've maxed out my calorie intake ALREADY and skipped my lunch hour workout. Hump, all I can hope is that this will diminish in time as I make new healthy habits. For the time being, I'm going to do what I can to control myself and not beat myself up over a couple of spike days during TOM. Good luck and I hope it gets easier for you too!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest when shopping the week before make sure you buy nothing in unhealthy and then you know if you end up having to eat something, its gonna be healthy. Think how proud of yourself you'll be in the morning. Keep positive. Know its hard I'm a binger myself. I've stopped buying stuff in, helps a lot. Not too bothered about binging on all the fruit and veg in my kitchen. I don't have it in for the kids either, they don't need to eat thay rubbish. They go to the shop to buy sweets once a week so that's not an excuse in my house 'oh I bought it for the kids'. It used to be, but not anymore. Helps I don't have money inbetween going shopping so I can't just go and buy junk when I feel like it lol x
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I second not buying any crap or keeping it in the house before your period. Take primrose oil and a multivitamin/mineral supplement all month. Exercise hard in the days before your period hits. If you do end up splurging a bit, get some more exercise in, but give yourself a little leeway. One or two days isn't going to add 10 pounds of fat. You may balloon up with water weight, constipation, etc. during your period, but it isn't permanent, and it isn't fat. Pamper yourself a little bit. Forgive yourself and don't feel guilty if you happen to eat more. Just log it and get back in the saddle. You can do it!
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    It took me a minute too. I usually say it's Aunt Flo. She is about to come to town and I hate the anxiety (and cravings) and the stress of her arrival brings to me! :grumble:
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I once saw an episode of Paula Deen where she piped chocolate into the center of cupcakes, then dipped them in batter and deep fried them. My first thought was that recipe must have been invented during a TOM craving!
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to be an enabler or anything BUT there are a lot worse things that you could be pigging out on besides popcorn! I've heard that popcorn is one of the healthier things that you could eat. I could be wrong.

No, you're right...the problem is the quantity. That big 'ol bowl in the picture is not much of an exaggeration. Seriously.
  • Fatloosa
    Options
    lol! Poor you.
    Come on now, last time I looked they hadn't made the penelty for a little pig out DEATH.
    Stop being so hard on yourself.
    If it where a friend I'm sure you'd say never mind whats done is done, and tomorrow is another day.
    Why are we so hard on ourselves yet encourage others to put things behind them?
    We've all been there and will probally be there again.
    You are not a criminal you have not hurt anyone, you are probally a really nice person focus on that.
    Good luck
  • michele_lynn
    michele_lynn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Period. It's called a period. "TOM" makes you sound like a 6th grader.

And just because men don't get them doesn't mean they can't relate. Some girlfriends/wives aren't totally mortified of a NORMAL BODILY FUNCTION and actually discuss the matter with :gasp: males. The horror.
  • stapler6202
    Options
    It's been a month now and I haven't lost any weight or inches! I'm very discouraged and wish I knew what I'm doing wrong.
  • busey
    busey Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I never go to that extreme but I do notice that I crave crap food (ie. Chips cookies but most of all CHOCOLATE!!!) So I give in to the chocolate but I only have dark chocolate cause it's bitter and once I have it my craving is over...,,,...... for that moment. Your post is hilarious cause I think we all have had that moment and I can picture it in my head. Don't worry tomorrow is a new day, start fresh.
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Some girlfriends/wives aren't totally mortified of a NORMAL BODILY FUNCTION and actually discuss the matter with :gasp: males. The horror.

It's not out of "mortification of NORMAL BODILY FUNCTIONS" that I directed my post toward women. I'm 46 and married...at this point, I have no qualms whatsoever about discussing anything with males. I just don't think they understand this issue as well as females, so I directed my post toward women.

"period"...bleh, I prefer pms, tom, whatever. I put "periods" at the end of sentences.
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Strawberry cream kisses....oh.....my........God.....

^^^THIS^^^^
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Period. It's called a period. "TOM" makes you sound like a 6th grader.

Sounds like you're a little testy. Is it your TOM right now? <grin> <ducks>
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I started my diet 20 days ago and my pms week was a couple days ago and I totally thought I was going crazy....I have bad pms but nothing like I had a couple days ago....I was laughing, yelling, crying in the span of a 5 minute conversation with my husband. It was nuts, for my chocolate craving I had fat free pudding, and slimfast chocolate peanut butter bar.....it's not like a bowl of ice cream but it helped.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I was right with you yesterday...

My PMS cravings allowed me to justify eating something like 11 oreo cheesecake truffles - and if you don't know what they are - google them at your own risk...

That was around 1800 calories alone...

But today was better...
  • Renoira
    Options
    I'm new to this and I am past the PMS stage, but I remember it well. If it is any consultation the cravings will diminish later, but there is a logical medical reason for it. It helped me to know that and it should help you to combat it. That insane craving you get is a sudden drop in your blood sugar level just before you start. I remember it was almost impossible to resist the craving, but when you learn what it is, you can combat it by eating fruit, fruit salad or having some fruit juice which quickly raises the blood sugar naturally and reduces the craving. Fruit is lower in calories and nutritionally preferable to junk (like candy (i.e. chocolate)).

I can't guarantee that it will totally combat it, but it will reduce it enough to give you a little more control. That way, if you do indulge in spite of it, you will be satisfied sooner and less likely to binge.

Just a thought.
  • NicoleElen
    NicoleElen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    look that way
    >
    and never look <

EXACTLY!!! PMS cravings are the worst, but it's not the end of the world. You will not die if your diet waits one more day.