SHOOT ME! NOW!!

Options

Replies

• Susancarole
    Susancarole Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    "TOM". "Aunt Flo". Whatever. Label it what you want. It sucks and we all know it. The guys know it too. I had my uterus yanked when I was 36 and if I knew the bliss, I would have done it at age 12. Not a total and I still have the ovaries with all the hormonal issues that come along with it. My solution is to schedule a pedicure, sip wine, and eat chocolate while someone else takes care of my toes. That way, I've countered the caloric indulgence with some other type of body-beautification! No guilt. No shame. Bless you!!
  • dcdickerson2
    dcdickerson2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it, but the "I don't care I'm going to eat it anyway" cravings and binges don't stop after TOM. I still have them. Especially at night when I'm tired, but for some reason don't go to bed. GO TO BED!!!!
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options
    I'm apparently an idiot, it took me 4 posts to figure out who TOM was. I actually thought I'd run into the dude a few times too.

LOL! I was at a loss too for a while. I always say "Aunt Flow" is visiting me :)
  • chefanie85
    Options
    I wouldn't be so hard on yourself darlin. We all have days like that.

I got tired of it and got on a continuous bc so I don't have to deal with it. My boyfriend was pretty happy about that. lol Less cravings and no crazy mood swings.

Mine was always better if I drank a lot more water the week before. I was much happier and didn't really get horrible crazy cravings that way. Otherwise, I would eat an entire box of little debbie snacks(something chocoloate)...followed by popcorn...pop tarts...and most likely ice cream. lol

3930497.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I haven't even counted the extra calories I ate after dinner last night but I'm guessing close to 1,000 - and I can't even blame the hormones!!!!
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR SAYING and I don't get PMS. I have had my Hubby put a lock on a small fridge and only he knows how to get in there. There are some brownies, chocolate candy , and other in there. But I'm a very good cook and know how to fix more! My husband shops with me and I never know what he's going to buy! Potato salad from the dili for one. It's not as good as I can make. He buys it cause I refuse to make it any more! :blushing:
  • JazzBar9363
    Options
    LOL...please don't take my woman card away as I had no idea what TOM was! Finally figured it out! I get that way too! I don't get periods anymore because I had an ablation, but I still get that monthly craving for just anything sweet or salty! This too shall pass. Just work out harder. I don't log in when I have a pig out either!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I agree, call it a spike day and move on... It's only once a month. There are people on here who do that quite intentionally once a month for 24 hours and have been remarkably successful!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing for the same reason monday night but it involved some pasta salad...and some redvines.... So yesterday I just ate less and it all balanced out. :) Like someone else mentioned, lifting heavy usually helps me too.
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am a mere male so I cannot comment on TOM, but I know a bit about binging and the importance of getting back on the horse, so to speak, so, as others here have said, at the appropriate time, draw the line and start afresh. You will succeed.
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    lol during my TOM I just want to bake cakes and cupcakes and cookies..... I used to swallow mini-chocolate chips by the handful (or microwaved with peanut butter, oh god). I've learned to recognize it though, so I am more prepared once the food is actually ready..... it helps that I seem to have pretty mild PMS though, and even during my period I have at most, mild cramping.

My sister hates me because she has severe PMS :noway: and cramps that leave her bedridden
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I have made it my mission not to emit ANYTHING from my food diary! I am a BIG girl, and I like me some sweets! In fact, as I'm typing this, I have a coworker on standby to body slam me if I make a move towards the breakk room.
    Life is short, if you are willing to make up for your binge by working out harder today and the rest of the week then I say it's NO BIG DEAL. Move on and don't punish yourself anyomore!
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Period. It's called a period. "TOM" makes you sound like a 6th grader.

And just because men don't get them doesn't mean they can't relate. Some girlfriends/wives aren't totally mortified of a NORMAL BODILY FUNCTION and actually discuss the matter with :gasp: males. The horror.

Someone's pmsing..haha sorry..I had to!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options

And just because men don't get them doesn't mean they can't relate. Some girlfriends/wives aren't totally mortified of a NORMAL BODILY FUNCTION and actually discuss the matter with :gasp: males. The horror.

If you're going to be like that, it's actually called a menstrual cycle. "Period" is as technical as "TOM". Way to contribute absolutely nothing to the discussion.

To the actual question at hand: the worst thing to do is dwell on it and beat yourself up over it. So much of this weight thing is psychological, especially for women. Don't make it even harder.

One thing I do is buy things in smaller packages, and individual servings when possible. Something clicks in my brain when I have to actually open another package to eat more of something. I also build sweets into my day, because I am an addict. The other day, I skipped the lunch I had planned and ate a donut instead. Was it a particularly healthy choice? Of course not. But I wanted it, I enjoyed it, and I still didn't exceed my calorie goal at the end of the day. I also, like you, tend to do the worst damage at night when I'm at home. As soon as I have the first "why-am-I-still-eating" thought, I will get up and brush my teeth, and tell myself that I am done eating for the day.

Nothing always works. You'll fail again. It's life. Every morning, refuse to think about what happened the day before. Being so hard on yourself is just going to backfire.
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure i am in love with you right about now.... or it could just be the hershey kisses.... who knows?
  • spelkey19
    spelkey19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    glad to know i'm not alone today :)
  • TurnLeftNow
    Options

I think someone is on her period. *rolls eyes*
  • miss_glitter
    miss_glitter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Haha, i think all girls go a little cuckoo for a couple days a month. What i usually do is just go to sleep. I eat dinner, try and stay awake for as long as possible, and when i start twitching for something sweet, i brush my teeth and go to bed. Even if it's seven in the evening, i know once i fall asleep i don't get up to get food, so it works for me.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    If i don't stop reading about all these cravings I'm going to go and get some major chocolate, and its not even TOM! But I agree w/ the don't beat yourself up crowd. We wouldn't be human if mistakes didn't happen. This is why I can no longer buy Oreos, b/c I will eat the whole bag in a matter of days...
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    those kisses look delicious!! I love chocolate esp. at TOM so I have a stock pile of low cal choco things and eat a bunch of them a needed to prevent me from doing real damage.