A PHOTO COLLAGE

Options

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hoping you can give some advice.
    You said that you do weight training 3-4 days a week, how long each day?
    do you eat all of your exercise calories back, or do you not eat at a deficit on the days that you weight train?
    Sorry I just really want results even 1/2 as good as yours, and it is so confusing because everyone says you can't gain muscle with a calorie deficit but yet all of the weight trainers I have looked at are eating with one.
    Thank you, you are very inspirational!

Mainly bumping so that the OP can see, since nobody has answered in a while.

If you don't mind another opinion though: You generally can't build muscle on a deficit, but you can build a little in certain circumstances.
    1) you're obese
    2) you're new to lifting
    3) you're returning to lifting after a long break

If you're none of those it's unlikely that you will build any without a surplus of calories BUT with lifting and adequate protein you can help maintain your muscle on a deficit. Most people, when they lose weight, lose both fat and muscle. By maintaining your muscle, it can look like you've ended up with more once you've stripped the fat away, and you'll look better & more muscled than a person with the same weight and fat % but who hadn't done lifting while losing weight.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Hell's bells, that's an incredible transformation, well done you!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!!! Such an inspiration and role model for everyone!

You should submit your before and after into a fitness magazine...

Can you let us in one your workout routine .... Would love to know your workouts...
  • Amazing
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    do you eat all of your exercise calories back, or do you not eat at a deficit on the days that you weight train?
    Sorry I just really want results even 1/2 as good as yours, and it is so confusing because everyone says you can't gain muscle with a calorie deficit but yet all of the weight trainers I have looked at are eating with one.

If you don't mind another opinion though: You generally can't build muscle on a deficit, but you can build a little in certain circumstances.
    1) you're obese
    2) you're new to lifting

If you're none of those it's unlikely that you will build any without a surplus of calories BUT with lifting and adequate protein you can help maintain your muscle on a deficit. Most people, when they lose weight, lose both fat and muscle. By maintaining your muscle, it can look like you've ended up with more once you've stripped the fat away, and you'll look better & more muscled than a person with the same weight and fat % but who hadn't done lifting while losing weight.

Thank you
  • kaydensmom12
    Options

1) you're obese
    2) you're new to lifting

Thank you.
  • galafassi15
    Options
    :noway: ....!!!

In-cred-ih-bul.

Thank you for sharing, I am officially inspired to start lifting HEAVY.
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Amazing! :)
  • daboyzma
    daboyzma Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What exercise regimen did you follow? You look great!
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am in awe. And I found my inspiration. Honestly, I think you look absolutely stunning, and you are also extremely beautiful. Now if you dont mind my girl crush, Ill just go add you as a friend right now, because I really need to see what you are doing. By no means are you skinny let alone "anorexic" (also, people, please, anorexia is just the state of not having an appetite - orexis means appetite in greek, an is a prefix meaning lack of... Anorexia nervosa is a disease where appetite is willingly "lost" and I wont go into more detail, but check your damn facts. if you really want to say a person is way too thin then at least call them cachectic, cause this is the term for very thin:angry: ).

Back to you, you look awesome, healthy and super sexy! :flowerforyou:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks you look too thin? Some of these pictures look downright anorexic! What are we doing to ourselves ladies?

Kidding right?!

She looks fit, toned and hot to me.
    Plus, you can't be anorexic and have muscles which look like that?

I smell jealousy in the air.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Everyone has their own opinion, and you may not like mine.....but I will try to say this in the nicest way possible...She's by no means anorexic, or Too skinny but if she is not going to compete in body building, why would you want so much muscle...Her arms and back, don't look, I don't want to say it but I can't think of another word, feminine...they don't look soft, supple and smooth like a woman's body should look. Her body looks hard, and meaty. I guess I think that woman should look more like Beyonce, Christina Aguilera or Kate Winslet more so than Leann Rimes, Nicole Ritchie and Lindsay Lohan....but like I said everyone has their own opinion.

It's her body and her life, she can do what she wants?!
    Btw, CURVES is a body shape and people cannot help if they have different body shapes.
    Gtfo.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    BIKINI : All good.....I honestly do not mean to offend either..... all smiles here

k0nfyo0zed honestly, i think she looks healthy, slender (not skinny), and well toned. a lot of our perception is skewed to think bigger is healthier because of the crazy amounts of people that are obese

^ I know for a fact that is NOT why I think the way I do....I was going to use celebrities like Greta Garbo, Jayne Mansfield and Marilyn Monroe....but was afraid people would only know who Marilyn is.... what can I say I think curves are on women are sexy.

Again, curves is a body shape. If you are a true hour glass at 20% BF you would still have curves. Just as some people may NEVER achieve the curvaceous look.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing job! 0_o
  • randi1213csc
    randi1213csc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nice abs!
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation (I want your back!!!!!!!!!) and it must have took some insane effort and dedication. be proud of it, you look incredible and so healthy and so fit. You're inspiring! :smile:
  • stone307
    Options
    Abs are amazing.
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

1) you're obese
    2) you're new to lifting

^^ this. I have been at this for a year now. It didnt happen over night. ive realized diet is the biggest part of this journey. i do not think that i GAINED any muscle since I have been in a deficit....with the exception of the slip ups here and there. I do however eat around 200+ grams of protein a day while in my deficit. I did this from the beginning. I naturally have a lot of muscle...even when i was 160+lbs. Leaning out has surely made them more noticeable. Having a naturally muscular body i dont feel I would want to go through the "bulk" stage or eat in a surplus to gain more muscle. At this point im just looking to drop a little body fat.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    BIKINI : All good.....I honestly do not mean to offend either..... all smiles here

k0nfyo0zed honestly, i think she looks healthy, slender (not skinny), and well toned. a lot of our perception is skewed to think bigger is healthier because of the crazy amounts of people that are obese

^ I know for a fact that is NOT why I think the way I do....I was going to use celebrities like Greta Garbo, Jayne Mansfield and Marilyn Monroe....but was afraid people would only know who Marilyn is.... what can I say I think curves are on women are sexy.

Again, curves is a body shape. If you are a true hour glass at 20% BF you would still have curves. Just as some people may NEVER achieve the curvaceous look.

curves on a woman ARE sexy...and i have them too. Im a 36 - 26.5 - 36.5. i'd call that an hourglass.:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!