GUYS! Would you be intimidated if a girl had muscular arms?

Options

Replies

• gnrduff1
    gnrduff1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Intimidated? No. I don't necessarily think it's totally attractive, and perhaps subconsciously it has something to do with intimidation, but I'm not aware of it if it is.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Google anything on Michelle Obama, and 9 times out of 10, they reference her killer arms in a positive way.
    I think it's fair to say it's a personal preference to appreciate muscular arms, but I see no reason why the average guy would be intimidated by it unless he's planning on saying or doing something that would potentially anger or violate you to the point that you become a threat to their safety.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love defined arms...working on mine!
  • threeringedgirl
    Options
    Nope.

sendit didnt read this post carefully (go figure) and what he meant was that it wouldn't bother him.... i know this because he is my boyfriend, i have muscular arms, AND hes trying to get me to increase my arm strength
  • sendit
    sendit Posts: 28
    Options
    Nope.

It would help if I learned how to read. I mean yes. I read it wrong. There's nothing wrong with a strong upper body. Keep it lean.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if a man is intimidated by my arms, he's not a man I want to be with.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Honestly, if a man is intimidated by my arms, he's not a man I want to be with.

Love all these answers!! Thank you all :) I wont get HUGE but this is reassuring.
  • DaddyofMEA
    Options
    I'm a father of 3 girls so take it how you want it but you do what makes you happy and if any guy can't live with that it's his loss not yours.
    Besides, to me what's sexy, no matter the body type, is how a lady carries herself. If you feel confident and not intimidated by your own body then that is what most guys find intriguing then they will want to get to know you more.
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If a guy needs you to appear weak so he can feel strong, is he really what you are looking for?

THIS!

If a guy doesnt like your arms, no matter what they look like, he's not worth your time.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    As long as a girl is staying off the 'roids, having muscle looks hot!

Let's all stay off 'roids....
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    All I got to say is..

strong-is-the-new-skinny.jpg?w=500

More power to you. If a man can't handle a strong woman, then let him find a weak one. No reason you have to be that woman though.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My ex didn't like it when I beat him at arm wrestling. I didn't even lift then, but I did have a Chevy van without power steering. :laugh:

now thats a whole other ball game.............if my woman could beat me at arm wrestling i would feel like a giant p***y

Well, he kind of was one. :laugh: More for his pissy attitude about being beaten than for being beaten.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I know you MIGHT be biased because we're on MFP but seriously.. would you date a girl that had some guns on her? My arms are getting bigger..I think I should lay off the 20 lb dumbells?

You would need more than 20lb dumbbells to build large arms. You would need a caloric surplus and lifting weights that you can only do 8-10 reps/set combined with a large amount of protein. most likely what you are seeing is the fat over your muscles going bye bye, making your muscles noticeable.
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of a girl's ability to be independent. Especially in a relationship because this means she wants to be with me, not that she needs to be with me. The last picture reminds me of G.I. Jane, great movie.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    nah.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    NOW HEAR THIS!! NOW HEAR THIS!! WOMAN WITH MUSCULAR ARMS ARE ABSOLUTELY HOT!!!!!

WORK THOSE ARMS AND IF A MAN IS INTIMIDATED THEN HE IS NOT A MAN
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    All I got to say is..

strong-is-the-new-skinny.jpg?w=500

More power to you. If a man can't handle a strong woman, then let him find a weak one. No reason you have to be that woman though.

^^ Absolutely agree!!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't/don't give a damn if a man was intimidated by my arms. I like how I look. :tongue: :happy:
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Depends, can she bench press me? cause that could be the determining factor here
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    Strong is the new Hot. without a doubt.
    muscular arms are not intimidating. they're a hot focal point!