all the single ladies (and guys).....

Options
123457»

Replies

• Dude41
    Options
    This is my v-day fantasy...

Go out, looking hot as hell, get all my drinks bought then pick one hot guy, the quiet sorta shy one, and bring him home and have my way with him.. all.night.long. Happy V-day to me.

But I'm too chicken poop. I'll probably hang out with friends and get drunk. Ha!
    That the best post ever.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Kinda sucks when your birthday is on Valentines day!! Lol... :noway:
    Its all good though, gotta look at the brighter side of things, im working on me!!

My friends birthday is the day after valentines day lol

Guaranteed presents! Sweet!!
  • springermad
    Options
    I work it and never take any notice of it.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I have a date for Valentines day, it doesnt talk and takes batteries!

Amen to that! Throw in a bottle of wine and I have it made :drinker:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    For the first time ever I have a date! I have been single for so long I am unsure. We are not going out to dinner, actually I am making him dinner :)
  • agriffin81
    agriffin81 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It doesn't mean anything to me either...even when I was in my last relationship...we never celebrated. He thought there was no point. So I got used it....just another day.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Valentines days since I became single again have been a LOT better than the ones when I was married (which either came with no celebration at all or an insult about my weight and how if I was smaller he'd do what I wanted for V-day, chocolate, dinner, etc)!

This will be the first year I'm spending it with girlfriends (not a guy or my son as usual), but I'm excited because we're celebrating having moved on from bad marriages, and "not settling!"
  • irisheyes1977
    Options
    I get to work that day, to me its just another day, though i love giving the kiddos their valentine's.
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 271
    Options
    Valentines days since I became single again have been a LOT better than the ones when I was married (which either came with no celebration at all or an insult about my weight and how if I was smaller he'd do what I wanted for V-day, chocolate, dinner, etc)!

8O

sounds like you're well out of that one.
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have to work, and then I have an exam the next day so I guess I'll be spending the night studying :p I don't mind though, this is the first time I've ever been single on Valentine's and it really doesn't bother me. Haha
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 271
    Options
    I think I'll buy a couple kilos of steak, prawns, carrots and cauliflower and comfort eat my way through it. My partner died last year, so after 19 years with a day to focus on "how wonderful life is with you in the world", I've now got one that reminds me it's just "me, myself, I"
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    It's just another day. If you celebrate it, then good for, but if not, don't let it get to you. It's not like there's only one day a year to show the person you love that you care about them.

This^^^
  • Tubby2Toned
    Tubby2Toned Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Single at the moment, but raising two teenage daughters. I just try to make sure they have good. I get them a card or something, and usually console a little. :)
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My friends and I are calling it "Singles Awareness Day", and we're going to go out as a group and celebrate all the great things about being single.

If it wasn't for that, I'd be ignoring it altogether.
  • workout86
    Options
    caught who i tought was the one in bed with a border hopper (not to be taken derrogatory).. so im working and luving myself lol!! maybe go see a movie after work ..... and its leap day this month the only day a girl can propose to a guy ....maybe ill get a bigger friends list on here.
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Overrated? sure. But would be nice to show someone you love how much you care. Why not have that day? I for one will have my kids, no date. They are my Valentine's. I could have a date, but why settle? I want my love, so I will wait for him, wherever he is.
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm not single--but I thought I would share mine and my husband's unconventional celebration for the big day. He hates hallmark holidays--so he doesn't do the traditional flowers and candy--especially since he knows I'll be pissed if he buys me candy while i'm getting in shape. He is taking me to Dallas next weekend to watch the Supercross race at Cowboys Stadium. I'm gonna love it!