This is what happens when you eat processed foods...

Options
124»

Replies

• ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hibiscus tea? I do like flowers.

I believe it's called Passion Tea at Starbucks, and Jamaica tea at many Mexican restaurants. It's quite yummy to get the passion tea lemonade sweetened with raspberry syrup at Starbucks. :)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Except this doesn't work when the majority of the population is incapable of eating in moderation.
    unwilling =/= incapable.

We are all capable. Many are unwilling. It's NOT the same thing.

You mean 65% of all Americans are unwilling to control their eating. The majority of the people on this board will be unwilling to control their eating 1 year from now, despite all the efforts they are putting in right now.
    We will be sure to miss you when you stop using MFP.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hibiscus tea? I do like flowers.

I believe it's called Passion Tea at Starbucks, and Jamaica tea at many Mexican restaurants. It's quite yummy to get the passion tea lemonade sweetened with raspberry syrup at Starbucks. :)
    The Tazo Passion tea is great...sometimes I'll get it hot with just the classic syrup to sweeten it...super good!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    that was....AWESOME!!!!! I want an M2A pill or two.... I'd go to COSTCO and have a hot dog and a pizza!!!! YEAH, that's the ticket.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Not all processed foods are created equal. The only ones I believe are truly bad to eat are sugar and refined carbs. Not salt, not fat. Salt isn't retained unless they are in the presence of carbs.
    And just what is bad for you specifically, about eating sugar or refined carbs(in moderation, mind you)?

That moderation doesn't/can't exist for so many of us.
    So then....nothing.

So you can ignore the million studies out there if you like. Here is one example:

http://www.njmonline.nl/getpdf.php?t=a&id=10000756
    You said moderation doesn't and/or can't exist....how is that a 'study'? Your study still does not make any point of sugar or refined carbs being especially bad for you, in moderation. Trying to demonize these foods as something you'll die at an early age from by ingesting it at all is nonsense.

Sugar and refined carbs cause health problems and are over-consumed. Why are they over-consumed? Because they are not satiating at all and can even be considered addictive.

sorry for including all the quotes but it builds to this........http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgH_Lo82n3bJtOrOgujaByX56na06hhzFTDF8HhBjF0x_v0qEk
  • just2liveagain
    Options
    Interesting video, thanks for sharing. What jumped out at me most was - it's not ok to eat processed foods but it is ok to swallow a capsule with a camera in it...:huh:

haha! I didn't even think of that when watching it! :ohwell: