• Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    well said
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Great information - one thing to add -
    when measuring, stand in front of a mirror or have someone else do it for you to insure accuracy.
  • sara1027
    sara1027 Posts: 59
    Options
    bump
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    just posting so i can find it again later

thanks kerri
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post Kerri. :flowerforyou:
  • tazfather
    tazfather Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great post Kerri and Keremu , thanks for all the information , for anyone to know regarding Keremu s post 33.8 ounces is equevalent to 1 litre .Anyone who knows some great stuff please do post like these two did . Thanks for everyone who helps and share.
    I m new here very new started today but as i read Kerri and keremu 's post i am learning lots of great stuff i never knew

Thanks
    hope to be as good as most of you guys
    :bigsmile:
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Kerri, you're such a smart girl! I really appreciate your level-headed input to this and all the threads out there. I totally agree with all your points.

I might also add to number 7: eating the wrong foods. This could also include eating junk in place of "real" food. Eating 100 calorie snack packs is not the same as eating 100 calories worth of fruit, veggies, or whole grains. The closer you stay to nature, and the further away from processing, the better. Plus, I usually find, you get more bang for your buck out of these types of foods. You get a larger serving size, and you stay full longer on the more natural foods. You don't have to cut out the treats, but think twice before choosing them over "real" food.
    **This is one of my MAJOR weaknesses**

I completely agree! You may be staying within the right number of calories but if it is all junk food then most likely you are still hungry and your weight loss will be much slower!...Plus if you are working out regularly then you need the energy from "real" food!

It is one of my major weaknesses also!
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    As usual, great advice Kerri... THANKS!

I have to absolutely agree, especially the part about how it TAKES TIME... how much time it takes is different for everyone.. just be patient..

I keep telling myself, what's the alternative? To give up and stay fat? That's crazy! :noway:

Every day that goes by is just one day closer to getting to my goal.. it might take me a whole year to lose 40 pounds, but it took 15 YEARS (and three children - one set of twins) to pack it all on!

Thanks again Kerri! :flowerforyou:
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great post Kerri and Keremu , thanks for all the information , for anyone to know regarding Keremu s post 33.8 ounces is equevalent to 1 litre .Anyone who knows some great stuff please do post like these two did . Thanks for everyone who helps and share.
    I m new here very new started today but as i read Kerri and keremu 's post i am learning lots of great stuff i never knew

Thanks
    hope to be as good as most of you guys
    :bigsmile:

Thanks for the kudos! I just know what is working for me and I drink what feels like a ton of water a day on top of eating right and watching my calorie and fat intake. I really go by the calorie plan MFP has laid out for me. But Kerri has some really great advice!!

PS. I try to drink all my water before 7pm otherwise I am in the bathroom all night.

PSS. I also know that you should watch how many calories you eat at once. Ex./ If you are required to eat 2000 calories a day, you should not eat 1500 in one sitting. You should space your meals out at least 3 hours apart. I try to make my meals no more than 400 calories and my snacks no more than 100 to make sure I eat all 1480 calories MFP has suggested I eat. If you get hungry b/w meals, drink water and chew on some sugar-free gum. Extra is only 5 calories.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    those are great I have been struggling to lose 5 lbs to get to my goal and what you have said makes really good sense so thanks.
  • chinadolly
    Options
    Dear Kerri,

I loved this! Thank you!

Maybe one more to add might be that you really do not need to lose weight to begin with. Maybe some women need to tone up to "feel better" but their actual weight is just fine. I am somewhat concerned when I (occasionally) see a very thin woman in a picture with a weight loss goal of 10 or more pounds.

What are your thoughts on this?

I'm one of those women, my pic is of me almost three years ago, I want to get back there, no one needs to see my fat face on here, hell I don't even want to see it in the mirror in the morning. I put that there, so that it reminds me, of how I want to look....again...and that it's very do-able, don't judge a book by it's cover.
  • amahlman
    amahlman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thank you! The time is the biggest. I am one of those gals with about 12lbs to lose actually 9 now! Hurray! I have been working out since Sept and just now lost 2 lbs. ouch. I found this site and find that what I thought was healthy eating habits was not. For me I know now it takes exercising at least 4-5 days a week and staying in the 1200 range. For now. It may change but or now that is what it takes to see results. I love the feedback because just a week ago I felt like giving up. I had gained 2 lbs. that I felt I had worked off. Low and behold....water weight. Thanks again Kerri.:flowerforyou:
  • mom24qties
    mom24qties Posts: 112
    Options
    As usual, great advice Kerri... THANKS!

I have to absolutely agree, especially the part about how it TAKES TIME... how much time it takes is different for everyone.. just be patient..

I keep telling myself, what's the alternative? To give up and stay fat? That's crazy! :noway:

Every day that goes by is just one day closer to getting to my goal.. it might take me a whole year to lose 40 pounds, but it took 15 YEARS (and three children - one set of twins) to pack it all on!

Thanks again Kerri! :flowerforyou:

Hehe! I love your ticker, it looks like your little girl is about to chomp the lady though!!
    :laugh:
  • Julesh964
    Julesh964 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the information Kerri, excellent post :flowerforyou:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    bump
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have a question!

My scale won't weigh anything under ten pounds, does that mean it's inaccurate? ;)

But seriously, I tried the dumbbell trick, and it doesn't register ten pounds. ): I don't have another dumbbell (used two 5 pound ones) so I'm not sure how else to test the silly thing.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    tagging for later, thanks Kerri :flowerforyou:
  • tazfather
    tazfather Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hi ....

can anyone tell me how much is the CUP size in kg or ml ??
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    hi ....

can anyone tell me how much is the CUP size in kg or ml ??

I googled cup to ml and found that 1 cup is 236.58 ml. Hope that helps a little! kg is weight and cup is volume so doesn't translate. :tongue: