C25k and 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• cocoma1
    cocoma1 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am on L1D4 of 30DS. I have been doing 50 minutes on the elliptical and will be restarting C25k again sometime this weekend. I always make it to week3 and stop. This group will give me some much needed motivation!
  • mommy2may
    Options
    I just joined mfp and I also just started 30ds and c25k. I'm excited and so happy that I found these boards to motivate me!
  • Starbec
    Starbec Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi all

A newbie to MFP here .... but wanted to join the group if I could?

I've been doing C25K for a few weeks now - just completed W3D2 this morning. I can't believe how easy it makes running. At the end of both of the W3 sessions I've even added in and extra 6-7 minute run.

I plan on starting JM RI30 tomorrow. At the moment I'm doing c25k every second day, so I want to add in RI30 on the alternate days and have Sundays as a rest day. I guess that means my Ripped in 30 will actually be more like Ripped in 60 :)

I don't really need to lose any weight as such, however I'd love to tone up a bit and I guess that means dropping a bit of body fat!

How are everybody else results coming along. I'm going to do my measurements tonight so I'll be interested to report back.

BTW - anybody else in here from Australia??
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of the Newbies, and congratulations on everything everyone has accomplished so far! I finished W4D3 yesterday. I'll be working out in the park today just to get a feel of how it is to job outside instead of on a treadmill. Tomorrow night I plan on completing Day 6 of Level 2 on the 30DS. I'm praying my heels don't start hurting tonight.
  • mommy2may
    Options
    So I just finished W1D3 of C15K-I can already feel a difference in my stamina! I took the advice from some post on here that said run slower and then run even slower. It really helped me finish the "runs" (the first day I thought I was going to die because I was going to fast). I also did L1D5 of 30ds. Feeling great! How is everyone else doing?
  • mommy2may
    Options
    *C25K
  • lyoung0216
    Options
    Welcome to the group guys!

Here is my progress:

I have two days left of the 30 DS. Level 3 has been tough, but Jillian keeps it interesting. I'm definitely pouring sweat by the end of each workout! I struggle the most with the push ups and the planks, I guess I need to work on my upper body strength. But I already feel like I'm stronger than the first day of the shred when I was doing push ups on my knees. In level 3 Im actually on my toes for the traveling pushups! Yay! I think after I finish level 3, I will go back to level 1 to see how I've progressed. I'll probably keep doing the shred to incorporate strength training while doing the C25K.

I'll be starting day 1 of week 5 of the C25K tonight! Some days I feel tired and just have to keep going, even if really slowly. I just try not to walk when it says to jog. I think it is getting easier to run the longer distances though.
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    I finally finished W5D1 on the treadmill. I've decided to make my Saturday a C25K at the park. I was an epic failure on two occasions. LOL! I'm going to start over from Week 1 at the park just to get used to all of the twists and turns, dodging little kids on scooters, and the inclines...oh, Lord, the inclines kill me. I also have to learn how to jog with this humidity anyway. I've signed myself and my sons up for a 5K in June. My goal is to jog it all the way! I have two more nights of level 2 on the 30 Day Shred. I'm afraid of level , but I know that I'll have to start it Thursday by itself. Those planks are a beast, and I'm just getting the hang of it on level 2. I wonder if I'll be able to hold it for 30 seconds.

Congratulations on all of the progress everyone is making!
  • ggv143
    ggv143 Posts: 1
    Options
    What is the 30 Day Shred and C25K? Sorry, I'm a new member and just curious about tips to lose weight.
  • lyoung0216
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is a Jillian Michaels workout DVD, there are 3 different levels of difficulty that you are supposed to do for 10 days each. It's a combination of strength moves, cardio and abs.

The C25K = Couch to 5 K. A 9 week running/walking program to go from 'sitting on the couch' to running a 5k (3.12 miles) in 9 weeks. It's designed so that you work out 3 days a week.
  • lyoung0216
    Options
    Anyone done the last workout of week 5 yet for c25k? Its a 2 mile run....success/failure?
  • 5ladybugs
    5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yes! I just did week6 day 2 yesterday. I had to run 20 minutes on the last day of week 5. It was hard but I did it and was SO proud of myself. You can do it!
    I'm doing both as well. week 6 day 2 of c25k and I've done 6 days of level one of shred.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting C25K over the weekend, and am not sure if I will do level 2 of 30ds tonight or redo level 1 or both. May I join?
  • tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just started 30DS today, and completed W3D1 of C25K. How's the combo been treating you guys?
  • john233
    john233 Posts: 27
    Options
    this is very very good post. thanks for that. we need more info like this.
  • 5ladybugs
    Options
    I've been shredding everyday, l1d7 today. I'm repeating week 6 of c25k cause my 9 year old daughter joined me :) I love having her run with me!
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    Anyone done the last workout of week 5 yet for c25k? Its a 2 mile run....success/failure?

I'm back in action this week. I'm hoping to finish week 5. I completed day 1 before I got derailed, but I plan on re-doing day 1 before moving on. I got one more day on level 2.

The combo has been something else! LOL! At first I was trying to do it back to back, but I got some really good advice on here. I started breaking it up. I will do my c25k in the morning/evening and do the reverse for JM. I do not like planks, but I love the military press. I see a muscle in my thighs. woo hoo!

I don't think this is a closed group so join on in the fun. This group has helped me immensely. Normally, I'd be back on my Oreo kick by now, but with the encouragement from group member, I keep on fighting the fight.
  • lyoung0216
    Options
    Doing the combo has been a little exhausting :) It is definitely doable and depends on your fitness level. Most of the time I did the shred first , then the c25k immediately following for a total workout time of about 45-50 minutes. For the first four weeks of the c25k it wasn't too hard to follow after the shred, since it has more walking and shorter distances for running. I finished the shred after about 5 weeks, right when the c25k starts to get harder with longer runs. Now I run only one day and do strenght training (either pilates or shred) on another day.
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    My question is off of the topic. Does anyone read Runner's World?
  • 5ladybugs
    Options
    My question is off of the topic. Does anyone read Runner's World?
    I haven't bought the magazine but read online sometimes!